Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advent box reviews

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Nice one.

Does the 15% discount work on the advent calendar for first order?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

No idea really, only way to find out is to try it I would think. You should be able to see if it has before pressing the final purchase key.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭grizzcol2

Does anybody know of anywhere that might be doing a Rum advent calendar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Are there any issues with getting them sent? My understanding is that alcohol can be nabbed and 'destroyed' by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Any idea idea how much the shipping would be on that To-Ol advent box?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

home delivery - €17.50

pick up from DPD is €14

With the welcome discount code and home delivery its coming in at around €107.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

Yes there is the chance that the box could be caught and you'd be asked to pay the excise on it which would make it very expensive but I haven't had any Mikkeller or To-Ol boxes seized over the past 3 years. Always a risk though. Only gets destroyed if you don't pay the excise sought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Hi all, that time of year (nearly) again.

Just looking for recommendations on Irish advent boxes. I see Molloys are now taking orders for their box, €120 - which is coming in it €5/can, seems a bit saucy. But maybe that's the going rate. Just looking for any alternatives if they're out there? Would be mainly looking for Irish beers, if possible. Mother Macs in Limerick did one back in 2020 (when the pub was closed) and it was top class, but have stopped doing them since they are back open again. I got Molloys last year, but found it hit-and-miss tbh. Would appreciate any other recommendations.

Cheers.

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has a view, before I pull the tigger on Molloys

• Registered Users Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

😁😁

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Revenue are not required to give you the option of paying the excise - it is only recently that they have even offered it. They are allowed destroy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Bought one of the To Ol advents calendars - sadly got a DPD customs check and has been seized. Waiting to hear now what/if options they give me on paying the excise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Thankfully I eventually got the calendar after paying a customs excise fee of just under €20.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not too bad I guess but probably more than you'd have been willing to pay if you knew you'd get hit for excise. Hopefully the beers are worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Does anyone know if Aldi will be doing their Prosecco advent calendar this year?

I seem to recall it was in their stores in early November last year, but no sign of it this year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

How did everyone get on with Day 1? Curious did I miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Day 1 of Molloy's was Wicklow Wolf - Elevation Pale Ale.

A nice crisp start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone get either of the craft central calendars, I was tempted but didn't bother in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I ordered Martins Madvent box a week ago but hasn’t arrived yet. 😢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Now they're all open, how did everyone find them? My friend got the high roller one from Craft Central. €180 it cost. But some cracking beers in there. Lots from American breweries I've never seen over here before.

Advertisement