Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tastee Nastee.

Options
  • 24-11-2011 5:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

I remember around 1986 or so there was an advertising campagin for I think calvita cheese.They had this puppet monster who would talk about all the disqusting stuff he liked to eat,the only one I can remember was "bootpolish on toast".Anyone else remember this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I do indeed. He also mentioned pickled ice-cream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

He used to be eating these things that he was listing out and when he ate the bootpolish on toast he'd give a huge burp.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Calvita ad featuring Tastee Nastee here, the second one in, its not the one op mentions but a follow up. There was a series of ads with him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

In one ad, he won an award

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Tastee Nastee in 1987. If someone ever decides to do an Irish version of Scarred For Life this fella is going be first to be featured. A hideously ugly monster puppet who eats disgusting stuff and is then is the subject of a nationwide poll for kids to decide if he gets fecked into a dungeon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement