Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids sick, feeling wrecked, down and out.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Hi @LegacyUser , just wondering in retrospect how long it took to get through this sicky phase? We're going through the exact same at the moment. I could have written your first post exactly. 2 kids under three and they're both sick, not sleeping.. one has coughed for 4 hours straight this evening so we might be looking at changing the sheets tonight, and the other has a blocked nose and bronchialitus which is keeping her awake. She's only 4 months so we're trying to keep an eye on her. Feeling pretty down and out at the moment. We're both wrecked. I just want an age to look forward to, where this is all behind us. I guess yours are almost 4 years older since your original post.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod Note - OP I have set this up as a new thread and moved it to a forum that might suit it better.

All the best.

Hilda

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

I think the worst is over by the time they go to school as they seem to pick everything up in childcare facilities if they attend one. Supposedly they’ll have stronger immune systems by the time they start school, at least that’s what everyone keeps telling me but I’m still waiting for it to kick in!

I have a 2yo and a 6yo. I was just thinking if this was another covid lockdown year, nobody would have left our house since September because somebody is always spluttering 😂

On a more helpful note, it does get easier. What helps me when they’re coughing which always leads to vomiting in our house is that I have an emergency standby change of bedsheets, pjs and all the cleaning products you need to clean up a mess in their room. So at 430 am I’m not scrambling for disinfectant. It makes life a little easier!

It is so tiring when they’re under one but it will pass🤗

• Administrators Posts: 13,769 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Have you tried steam? Letting them sit in the bathroom after a hot shower has run. Play a game, read a book for few minutes in the steam. It'll help the chests and loosen the coughs.

It will pass. These days feel like they'll never end.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Calpol plug-in, dehumidifier, prop her up on two pillows (the older) or else prop her bed or mattress a bit.The four month old is the trickier one without doubt there.Mine are 8, 6 and 4 now and in June the 6 year old had 4 nights of appalling post-nasal drip cough...my husband and I were half traumatised because it was so long since we had been sleep deprived like that.

It does get easier -it really does -but the first year of 2 smallies like that is tough.Pace yourself, be nice to yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement