Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2021 in the Civil Service.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tyg.10

Hey folks, regarding the B&F 2022 stream, I received the request for documents last Thursday (01/08/22). I was placed 19th in the OOM. Just leaving this here to let people know where abouts they are in getting through the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bjarbnickixo

Wow, they're really flying through the numbers. Being in the 30's OOM I thought I would be called for clearance in the new year, but it's looking like it could be well before then. Only 3 months into my EO role 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elzbellz

Hi,

After 3 years in county council and one year as AO in DSP where on the civil service salary scale should I be as an AO? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Anybody have any idea if there will be an AO competition starting this October?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭exitstageleft

I think it's very likely. They usually time it at this time of the year alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Tyg.10

Your rate of pay is calculated based on what you are currently earning, not on your length of time working in the civil/public service.

What grade are you and what step are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CurlyCailin

I just got placed today pending extra garda clearance...I'm going to the guards. Does anyone have any experience there/any idea of what to expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭exitstageleft

New AO campaign.

Probably worth opening a new thread for this one to save confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sunshine18391

New AO comp now open it won’t let me post the link though as I have to be around for a little while longer apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 farmboy1

Anyone know how many people are in each batch for business and finance AO

• Advertisement

I placed in the mid 30's which I feel like is on the lower scoring end for batch 1. It might be working asking public jobs in an email, but hard to know all the same unless someone posts their OOM here.

Can anyone tell me, for clearance, do they let you choose the jobs you put down on your application when they ask for references? I haven't been long at my current job and wouldn't feel comfortable asking anyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 youknowyourwan

As far as I know they require a reference from your current employer.

I’ve got a start date for my dept. For mid December. Wondering does anyone know how time off over Christmas works in govt depts? Do they close until new year or will it be likely that I’m working through with the exception of Christmas Eve - Stephens Day.

It says online they ask for permission to contact your current employer here in the 'stage 5' section. Was this not the case for you? Thanks.

In my experience, they stay open but not much work gets done during that week. Between xmas and New Years it was a 'clock in, close laptop, clock out' situation. This can vary from department and section of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭skidmarkoner

I know for my CO it was the same I started about a month before they asked for clearance docs I explained my situation and they said it doesn't matter they want current employer references

Yeah they asked permission but they asked in the sense that they wanted to make sure I was comfortable with them being contacted for a reference in case I wanted to give them a heads up prior PAS being in touch. I had asked if the two previous employers references they got would suffice and they said they required a reference from current employers for an AO position. It made things very awkward as I had to basically tell my employer I was leaving without giving a notice …

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

Christmas Eve is a working day (Not this year though, as Christmas Eve will be a Saturday), though Departments close earlier than normal.

The only days Departments are closed are for public holidays, so Christmas Day, St. Stephen's Day and New Year's Day. However, teams within Departments usually try to have an arrangement where everyone can take at least one more day off during the time between Christmas and New Year. However, as you're only starting in mid-December, there probably won't be time for you to book that extra time off. If it's any comfort, that spell between Christmas and New Year is generally very quiet, so you'll have a good chance to learn more about how the Department works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Green188845

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a bit of room for maneuvre at the final stage in terms of what Dept you're placed in? I was assigned mine a few weeks ago. Its not related to my previous experience at all and wouldn't be an area I'm particularly interested in. Don't get me wrong, really glad to get the job but I assume the roles and careers of AOs vary a lot depending on initial placement. Do PAS ever reconsider these placements, or are they set? And are AOs often transferred between Depts?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

A few questions on the AO role B&F 2022. Can someone tell me if there is remote work? I am embarrassed to ask this but what is the attire for this kind of role (I come from a job with a uniform so would a suit be over the top every day...)?

The remote work question is significant for me as moving to Dublin is a big deal for me in my current circumstances and wfh for some of the days would make it far more palatable.

• Advertisement

Thanks for this. What was the nature of the reference PAS asked for from your jobs? Was it all character references or was it just dates they looked for off the employer?

Also if anyone is comfortable enough with saying what Department they may or may not have gotten placed in I'd love a heads up!😏

They all had to be character based references. All my previous managers had to give them personally and not on behalf of the companies I’ve worked for as I’m sure you know character based references are unusual enough when moving about within the private sector. It was a pain trying to get all the references sorted - a lot of chasing up required on my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stoptheworldandletmeoff

1 2

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shaney Boy

OOM for B and F panel has reached the late twenties

• Registered Users Posts: 26 farmboy1

Thanks do you know how many are in each batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ihope

Hi ! could someone please tell what particular practice tests I can buy and which site, I've never bought tests before so bit worried about right place and category type to bye. I would like to have a try at the new october 22 Panel. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Anyone working in the Department of Housing and Heritage as an AO? How many days in the office and what's the work like?

Are they still placing people off 2021 panel or is this panel closed now?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭doc22

• Advertisement

I was but it was on hold for a variety of reasons, waiting for HEO campaign results etc.

Advertisement