Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officer 2021 in the Civil Service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pokeplug

For those interested I checked where they are on general stream. 57 assigned so far.

I am batch 6 in the 20s and there are about 20 ahead of me in the oom. This was as of 28th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 head_theball

Got results this morning from interview and presentation last week. Placed <20 on the OOM in General Stream. Any idea how quick they'll be moving through and when / if I should be expected to be contacted?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭haleyoshea

According to PAS they are working through the final batch of the 2021 B/F stream and then the 2022 B/F will be contacted in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Any idea where the B&F stream will be offered I imagine department of enterprise or dept of finance what ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keld

Hi!

I got placed in the Department of Finance today 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭skidmarkoner

From B&F 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keld

From B&F 2021!

My friend asked in the interview and they said they can't say for definite but more than likely Finance and DPER. his interview was last month

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ag98

Hello!

I've been told by PAS that my clearance is in the review stage. Does anyone happen to have an idea of how long this may take?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CurlyCailin

Did you have to fill out garda vetting? That can take up to ten days and then after that I think it's like a week or two? Normally once the documents are cleared you'll hear from HR from the department you've been assigned to with a start date etc. Do you mind me asking what batch/OOM you are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 evarosso

I was batch 3 in the B&F stream. I sent my clearance documents at the end of May. Got my garda vetting back a week later at the start of June, all good. It's now over a month later and I'm still waiting to hear anything about a placement. Is this norm or has anyone had a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Hi all, I am in the B&F 2022 stream in the 30s. Anxious over several things and wondering if anyone could alleviate or confirm my fears. What is the likelihood of being called and what is it like in the big smoke. I am in several other CS campaigns. The EO Galway campaign I scored really well in is not moving in the last several months and that is ending in August I believe. Only did this on a "why not give it a shot" whim but never wanted to go to Dublin, to be honest. Now I am anxious as hell, I want it but it is a dramatic move for me to go to Dublin if I get it. Country Bumpkin here and wanted to live out my days as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Anyone have an idea of whereabouts they are with the interviews for the General Stream atm? Don't need an exact Order of Merit, just an estimate like are they at 200-250 etc, so what I mean is if you have been called for interview recently, what was your (approx) order of merit before the interview/after the assessments. Just trying to figure out if I'll be called for interview before the panel ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Baldr

I was 300-350 in the original OOM and interviewed in May for batch 6. I see there's a post about Gen Stream interviews in July, which I would understand to be for batch 7. Not sure how many they call for interviews, but my guess is they're around 400 at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I was 40X in the original OOM. Interviewed last week of June. I was placed as 1X in batch 7. PAS confirmed today there are <40 people ahead of me in the panel as of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CurlyCailin

Does the panel end in October and does anyone now what the chances are of getting a position if you've passed the interview? I'm batch 7 and was placed late teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oisinnisio

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oisinnisio

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ozzycop

Also in the same stream for B&F 2022 and also from Galway! Moved up to Dublin in mid-2021 from Galway city for a change of environment (from the country originally though) in the middle of lockdown and tbh I haven't really looked back. I started as a CO and am now an EO in a different spot. Fingers crossed they get to us quickly with this AO panel! Honestly, I'd say Dublin is always a good shout for at least a year or two; music concerts/clubs/whatever else. Also, after the two years of working in Dublin as an AO, you would be eligible to be put on the list of transfers to somewhere out closer to home, if not Galway itself.

My very loose master plan is to stick out the AO job till 2025-ish and then maybe use that snazzy career break option to go travel for a bit and then come back to the same gig/different department.

In other words, I think it's worth sacrificing a year or two in G-town for a fairly flexible, long-term job, with decent career prospects. Just my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

What confuses me about this general panel is they keep calling people but it seems to take ages to get through clearance.

I'm in Batch 4, mid 20s.

I got interview results at the start of April, called for clearance on 10th June. I'm now 5 weeks into clearance, my reference was contacted two weeks ago and I'm still none the wiser about when I will get a job from this campaign.

I'm already a Civil Servant with a high level of security clearance so I'm not subject to vetting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Where did you see it ends in October? I thought it ran until next summer.

@Nekro Man From my understanding, the AO Panel generally runs for a year (so will end in September/October) while the EO and CO panels run for a year and a half to two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Hi,

I've just been assigned to the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration & Youth, Dublin.

Anyone work here/ know what it's like? Do they have any options to work from home?

Thanks for your help.

The blended working policy is now 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. Now each department kind of has their own policy based on that so it will probably be a bit of a mix

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Clubs, concerts, etc... do not appeal to me. I have grey in my beard, in my 40s, and I am married and have kids. I stated this in the interview and am still surprised I scored well enough to be in with a chance to be called. As I said it was a "why not give it a go" attempt at the interview stage. The strange thing about this is that for years now I have gone for EO and CO campaigns and scored very well yet never made it and the one I did half-heartedly is the one I am likely to get. I know the EO role like the back of my hand and there just is no movement whatsoever out in the boonies. Life is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ozzycop

Ah ok I see 😆 you have much more to consider then. It could be a couple months yet before they call us (I'm also in the 30's OOM) so you'll have time to make your decision at least. I was juggling a lot leading up to the final interview so part of me felt it wouldn't happen either. Worked hard for it, and very grateful, but shocked it came to be!

I understand how the system works, but I can't help but feel like people who are from other parts of the country are disadvantaged because they are expected to uproot their lives if they want to give this specific role a go initially in Dublin. It's a much bigger ask of anyone from regional areas to break into, not to mind young families, etc.

Emailed PAS on Friday asking how many have been called for interview in the General Stream. My friend got called at the end of June and was 50 places ahead of me on the order of merit so I expected to be called for interview by now. They came back to me this morning saying they have so far called 452 from the order of merit but currently don't have any plans to call further candidates to interview. I hope they change their mind cos I was so close 😔😔😔

Has anyone heard any movement on the B&F 2022 stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tyg.10

Haven't heard anything yet. I'm in the teens in OOM. I'm away on holidays next week as well and I'm anxious that they will put out a request for documentation while I'm out of the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 D321

Hi everyone, as of 11 July they were on OOM 452 - FYI. I'm number 1100, and they said it would be unlikely that they would reach me at this stage. However, with over a year to go on the panel, I'm optimistic. I'm currently serving as an EO and PAS seem to be flying through panels. Good luck to everyone.

Advertisement