Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyness A48100

Options
  • 09-09-2022 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Does anyone have any experience to share with 4.8kwh battery please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭runner2011

About to have one installed tomorrow to replace a 20 day old faulty Puredrive ..

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭AntonP

considering a 2nd myself… not sure if allowed price posting here ? Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Posting sources and prices is ok for batteries I think.

The issue is with installers , we didn't want people bashing them in threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Dyness batteries are quite hard to source as a private individual. I found. I'm trying to buy another couple to add to my existing setup. The only europe source I found was CCL europe and I had to register as a trade account (luckily I have a company).

South Africa have a lot.

If I were starting from scratch I wouldnt use Dyness - not because of quality issues, just because they are hard to source. Pylontech are similar hardware but easier to get.

Thanks, yep makes sense.

Just wondering a rough price to have an idea and run some calcs.

Checked and yeah, online you can find them but are South Africa. We wish we could source them here at those prices on the web lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 viewofthehill

Have been looking around for batteries also and found the following. Is this a good price/reputable company to get batteries from?

They seem to be Spanish (so no Vat/Customs?) and delivery is about 140 for a single battery

WccSolar | www.wccsolar.net

I've asked them for price of battery and costs of delivery to Ireland, just for the sake of getting a number as the A48100 is not listed their site.

Cannot confirm 100% on reputability by site looks legit, and I can read all the Spanish remarks.

Update: they have just replied (very efficient): "they only work the 51100"

Post edited by AntonP on

Got this document from Dyness support, very interesting. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I have a Dyness PowerDepotH5 - looks a LOT like the PowerBox Pro... mine is 4.8Kw size.

I have used these settings for a year no issue:

Overcharge SOC: 12%

ForceCharge SOC: 10%

ForceCharge Limit: 50A

I would be interested from the experts to see if I should adjust - but i am happy with my performance so far and dont want to break it! :)

Got my 2nd A48100 installed yesterday but seen some worrying things.

perhaps anyone of you that have a solis and multiple Dyness can share?

the master battery , all lights blinking constantly. After a reset, the master battery wakes up the slave and lights look ok, but after 1 minute the blinking starts.

BMS reported 50A max discharge , rang Solis and they had 100A. Had to restart the batteries and seemed the 100A now ok, will try later electric shower to confirm.

also, I am getting a constant 140W discharge reported with the 2 batteries overnight. With the 1 battery this was 190W. However there’s nothing plugged that consumes that much!

those wats consumption disappear as soon as there are around 100W coming from the panels and batteries charging, but come back after battery charged.

installer doesn’t seem to know

I’d appreciate any help, please

pic was taken Sunday 16th, very cloudy. Only fridge in. Nobody home all day, holidays.

every day is the same pattern, 5kw consumption on a fridge that should do max 0.8, nobody at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭yannakis

Wouldn't that ~200W be your baseload? Like fridge/freezer, standby devices, modem/router etc.

Overnight? No. Have a meter and the fridge oscillates from 1 to 66W when it’s working, mainly 28W

During the day when all is off I get 20-30W

Nothing standby.

Even that, how do you explain the consumption overnight and then when panels start receiving sunlight the usage drops to zero mostly all the time as it should be?

Also, when battery is fully charged also does it… only time it doesn’t happen is when the battery is been charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I'd say the inverter itself uses the rest of the power, it does run on electricity and is always on 😂

Mmm, not sure you get the question here. The Solis inverter consumption is 10W.

During the day, the *consumption* of the stuff in the house would go from a minimum 40-50W, router, inverter, couple of minor standbys, to 90W when the fridge is on. That's all when all is off.

When there is no sun hitting the panels and battery is not charging, the number I get is a constant 145-150W consumption.

This sounds to me the panels are draining energy out as it is not consumed by anything else. You are talking 100W that cannot account for.

How does that explain then that a house without anyone on it is consuming 5Kw daily just with a 260Kw/annum fridge (~0.8 Kw daily) and a router that adds other 30W per hour ~0.7Kw?

Sounds like tops is 2Kh a day, this thing is sucking more than double.

Those 5-6 days only purple are days we weren't on the house. Total 5Kw daily, same pattern as the daily screenshot posted above.

Is that normal for you too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭con747

I know my Solis 5kw inverter uses 120w - 150w continually 24/7. It's beside my kitchen so I pass it numerous times during the day/night so can see exactly what is being used. My normal base load is between 120w-150w and it always shows a draw of about 240w-300w on the inverter.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Thanks. So you could account for that 120 to 150w overnight based on what you are currently using in the house?

Why would my Solis web image display no house consumption or under 100W during the day and battery charged, and then 145W-150W flat and constant overnight to then disappear once sun starts hitting?

Am just trying to figure out things here, thanks for the help.

To be honest I gave up trying to figure it out! When I got my install I was asking the question about the inverter using that much power 24/7 and the general consensus here was it was what it uses to do it's housekeeping so I left it at that.

Is it possible you missed something that draws power at night? That's all I can think of.

Nope. All unplugged while we were out.

how are your daily charts in any day you were on holidays? Same pattern as mine ?

If you have the same Solis setup that would defo say something.

if you have an overnight line constant wats usage over 150w like me then I would take it but I am kinda inclined to think is something like this:

https://solargearguide.com/do-solar-panels-drain-at-night-weve-got-the-answer/

My base load is never the same, I have a deep well pump and water treatment system that kicks in whenever it needs to. I'm afraid my mind works mechanically not to good technically! So you need some of the tech people here to steer you in the right direction to see where the power draw is. I would start flicking off trip switches when it is drawing power to see if you are missing something.

• Advertisement

I don't think is anything I have plugged. Or there is a power draw between the solar panels and the inverter that is not reported on the Solis Cloud, or Solis cloud is reporting the consumption on a different way when there is solar power coming in or not.

Can't be my house sucks 5 Kw daily on a fridge and 150W constant overnight and below 100W during the day when the same stuff is plugged!

Did a test here. Mains off everything besides the inverter Kept on.

before that it was using 150W, after, inverter on “standby” seems to be sucking 70W

in theory , these inverters shall go 15W in standby. So there are 55 wats not accounted for.

will check Solis Monday and figure out what’s their take on it.

Correct me if I am wrong. If there is no solar controller or anything to avoid the issue and the panels are drawing 55 wats on average 12 hours a day (when there is no voltage) over the year is 660 wats a day. Total 20Kw a month. 240 Kw a year. Around 100€ at 40c kw

I’ll test tomorrow during the day when the batteries are charging (all the other mains off besides the Pv system) and confirm what’s the inverter displaying as consuming on top of the battery charge.

below. Pitch black outside. All mains off besides PV system. 70 wats usage of inverter.

if anyone knows better, please share!

See below for comparison, as you can see the battery drain is always more than the house load, up to 200w, I doubt that's just battery loses, must be the inverter using a big chunk (70w is too low I think)

House load

Battery load

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

From experience, the value shown that is being drawn from battery is the value supplied from the bms, not actually measured by the inverter.

If you dig through the menus you can see what the inverter sees.

The other way around actually, that is the inverter one, BMS power value is lower, up to 100w less.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The one on the screen is the bms one on the one I have.. I think anyway... I had the shunt wired up backwards to the bms, so it said it was charging when it was actually discharging..

Thanks for the comments ! Right now I can see on the app 135W that makes total sense with that is plugged in the house and 70W for idle Solis, where 15W is what I’d expect for the idle inverter and 55W not sure what’s the gap. I will be testing tomorrow during daylight the same thing, turn all off from mains but not the PV and see if those 55 appear anywhere or what. Some should appear as the Solis won’t be idle but charging battery, however:

if my suspicion is right, it will confirm the panels do draw 55W when battery not charging. Will also ask the Solis support and share here the results.

70W for an idle inverter sounds too much.

anyone with a charge controller? Aren’t those meant to avoid the panel power draw overnight?

Does anyone have the Dyness WIFI Module / know where it can be purchased ?

http://www.dyness.net/uploadfile/file/20220513/afa6eaa7edf22b52226412fd6101c79c.pdf

Seems is the required to be able to firmware upgrade the batteries, that's what Dyness support tells me.

Hmm I asked about wifi on existing batteries and they told me if they are not specced from the factory to have wifi built-in then you can't add it at a later stage.

They didn't say anything about this thing but I believe that is confirmed in the manual:

No wifi in the battery then it won't work?

A bit stupid if that's the case, if it has a wifi module in the battery then why do you need this thing?

• Advertisement

Chinese translations are always badly made.

If you download the Dyness App from the iOS / Google stores you can see that you can connect to A48100 as listed.

My understanding is perhaps, other batteries do not have this kind of stuff, as the manual link is for the WIFI module.

I bet you, the WIFI module simply connects with the cable to the battery via RS232 that's all, no need to have anything else but a compatible model.

Advertisement