Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ora Funky Cat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Would prefer the Honda E.

This yoke looks too much like a Nissan Micra that a granny drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I won't hold my breath that we'll see it here. That being said though, I don't mind the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭ted1

That’s no rival to the id3 who writes this stuff ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Patser

Don't know, this could be one of those surprise big sellers, just like the MGs that are popping up everywhere in Dublin. Decent spec, a few grand cheaper than an id3 with similar size and range, and with Chinese EV production ramping up they could possibly have no supply issues (VW are having microchip issues, and parts were being supplied from Ukraine)

Few interesting details- has no 'normal' rear lights, instead they are all in the glass of rear door

Oh, and there's a rally kit available - no change to mechanics underneath yet but massive Sega Rally 95 vibe

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

They are very similar dimension wise ID.3 is 4,261mm x 1,552mm versus the Ora Cats 4,234mm x 1,596 mm. It's pretty much almost exactly the same size as an ID.3. In terms of size I can definitely see why journos are making the comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

ID.3 is a budget car / econobox too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Not sure if mentioned here before, but another new chinese car.

Ora Funky Cat €31,995 in Ireland - car and motoring news by CompleteCar.ie

Surprised it is that expensive after incentives TBH. There's an €8k delta between the standard and long range models. Charging that much of a difference for an extra ~100km of range is a bit rich.

There are better value cars on the market right now that already beat it on range and price.

I do like the look of it though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's an ID.3 sized hatch that puts it alongside the Leaf, ID.3, and MG4. I would of expected the price to be a little lower and closer to the MG4

• Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seems expensive enough alright but they are very well equipped. I would have one if I was buying although it would be between that and the MG4.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

I'd much rather the MG4. Which is €4500 cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

It looks like a fiat 500 crashed into the @rse end of a mini cooper. It won't sell well and will appeal to hair dressers who can't afford them anyway.

Stay Free

Ms

I really do not see that. I see a funky neat little car that will appeal to lots of people who want something different and the way the market is at the moment if these are marketed well they should sell.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Getting Porsche vibes off it, cuteness of a Porsche 356 but the arse of a Suzuki Swift.

Do you really think this will be the first EV available to the Irish market that won't sell as many as they can supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭eagerv

The only thing that would put me off is the name.😁

Otherwise looks well if a bit Micra/Juke, interior appears nice..

Th Great Wall company. No thanks

Why, because it's Chinese? Where was your high end phone made again? 😉

They are coming and they are taking over. Most of the cars we in Europe will be buying in 10-15 years time will be Chinese.

No issue with things being made in China. did I ever say that ?

i Simply wouldn’t rate The Great Wall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Its more competition on the market with a car that can be bought for 32 k....

Hopefully it will get more people into EVs on basis of those who like the styling deciding that *i need one of those*.

These are like BMW MINIs in around 2006 - they will sell on the "looks" and "gotta have one" factor.

Consequently I can see why Ora have priced this as they have.

I thought the BMW MINIs were ludicrously overpriced in 2006 and much more then this which has actual practical passenger space and 5 doors.

Won't be buying one though.

• Advertisement
    Ms

You can't judge a book unhill you have read it. The same way just because Great Wall have not launched anything great here before does not mean this will not be good. It has a full 5 star Euro NCAP rating.

Great Wall have been making great strides with there products just not being sold here again untill now. I think they will sell if they market them so people know anc here about them and give it a good warranty of at least 5 years.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Totally agree. These could be the greatest car ever to hit the market. They will definitely sell every last one of them. The market the way it is now, has people foaming at the mouth to get into an EV. The MG4 allocation is already sold out, for instance, and there isn't even a demo car in the country yet!

This Funky Cat will be out of stock shortly after they start to take orders for them, and buyers will probably have to wait until next summer to get their hands on the second batch. 🙂

Same price as the 52kwh ID4 was 12 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I wouldn’t place any bets on it, but the pricing is pretty steep for a subjectively fugly EV in the small car category. If it comes to the market very soon, I’m sure demand will see it sell everything falling off the boat. If they haven’t opened their order books by Q3 next year, I say they will struggle to sell as supply constraints ease with other manufacturers.

Stay Free

Ora is pitching themselves as a premium instead of budget brand, they are going for style over cost. Heavy inspiration from Porsche and VW group vehicles. If they priced themselves too low they'd be seen as another Ssangyong and would be avoided at all costs.

Ms

Hey leave Ssangyong out if it. Nothing wrong with Ssangyongs.

In fact I seen one on my travels Friday and it was parked next to a Range Rover. The Ssangyong was wider and lower than the Range Rover and probably better to drive too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Lower cause the suspension was shot , the metal is lighter as is the plastic interior 😂😂😂

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Heavy inspiration is one way of describing it.....

Not "inspiration" or copying, just coincidence. China domestic market Punk Cat.

The Funky Cat in Europe is the Ora Good Cat in domestic market.

Edit: Beetle thing is Punk Cat

Post edited by Busman Paddy Lasty on

• Advertisement
    Ms

Is that electric too. They should bring that here if it has 5 doors after all VW never made the Beetle with 5 doors so they could not claim anything. It would sell I'd say too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement