Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Rewards.

Options
  • 17-02-2022 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Might be the wrong forum but it does apply to bargain alerts. As we all do here I’ve used my rewards add-on in Revolut to get a % back in cash. Tesco with 20% back etc.and stays with 10% cash back. last week I used the Eddie Rockets 20% cash back. Here’s the issue. I never get the cash back and have to get on to Revolut support ( :( ) and wait for ages to get the issue resolved. I was just wondering is it just me or is anyone else having issues with cash back in Revolut. I also noticed that the Ed Rocket deal is now not on the reward list !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭FCB1899

Tried it out last weekend in Chimac and had the money back two days later

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Was the Tesco one an old offer? I have never seen it since signing up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Never seen Tesco. Any reward has been fulfilled within 24 hours generally for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭apache

Tesco cash back gone a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I had issues in the past with the Revolut awards and not getting paid.

Revolut told me I had to speak to the retailer. I got in contact with them and they told me the offer had expired on a past date.. But Revolut were still advertising it.. And if you clicked into the Revolut T&C for the offer, it doesn't have any dates or valid period mentioned. Sneaky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I got all my Tesco rewards paid out back when that was active. But recently I did the Eddie Rockets one (an really only stopped there because it popped up in Revolut) and didnt get any money back

given my previous experiences with Revolut customer support, I didnt even try to get it sorted just for the €4 in cash back.

if anybody has any luck in getting cust serv to refund them and can share how long ti took, i might give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

3% cashback via the app for a long list of stores including Dunnes, Argos, Screwfix,Halfords etc. Online purchases only.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I have none of these. Mine are all useless, noticed I didn’t have the Amazon one recently and was asking support and they said it was random what you get. So annoying as I’d use those ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

I've been on to customer services (online) 3 times trying to get cashback for a samsung tablet I bought back in April.. all swearing blind it'll be credited, and never has 🙄

Have you checked your account under different currencies?

I got a refund from amazon about a year ago, but it got credited in Sterling, so didnt spot it, until I checked the different currencies for my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Yes but did you make the purchase in sterling in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

Yep double checked.. eventhough purchase was made in Euro.. annoying have to chase it up continuously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

In relation to the 3% cashback, I didn’t have any of the shops either until I restarted my app.

Here's how it's showing on my app when I log in. Only noticed it last night when you click on 3% cashback on shops it brings you to all the logos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I don't have it on mine, perhaps it's a phased roll out?

yeh i dont have that 3% thing either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Another one here that doesn't have it. Also that 10% on Amazon would be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

Try going into your ‘Hub’ (the 4 dots at the bottom), scroll down to the lifestyle section and on the right should be ‘shops’. Click into that and the 3% offer should be in there.

You are correct. It has also disappeared from my log on screen since posting above but the full list is still there under hub.

T&C's below which mentions a cap but I'm not sure where you find out what the figure is.

Shops Cashback is a percentage of the purchase price. We apply a cashback cap per calendar month (i.e. the maximum amount of Shops Cashback that you can receive within a specific period). We will state the rate and cap that apply to Shops Cashback within the Shops mini-app. The rate and cap may vary based on different factors like what Revolut plan you have.

Shops | Revolut IE

Post edited by Cape Clear on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

I agree, I only use my card on holidays and most of my cashback relates to restaurants, there are loads of them. I wonder does it mirror you’re spending habits?

• Advertisement

I dont have a 'shops' section in Lifestyle in my Hub.

It goes Rewards, Stays, Dontations, etc

If I click on rewards I dont see the Amazon, Dunnes offer mentioned above

yeh i dont have Shops either, just rewards and no amazon, all restaurants mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lizzyjane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

don't have shops either - under rewards, there's a shopping button, and only 2 options in that - mywallst and duolingo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

No amazon for me for sure. Been with revolut now years and use my card for everything, so wonder because i do a lot of shopping on amazon, have i been excluded (im sure they do research on these things).

The tesco one was great, i never got it either tho.

Mine has now appeared under Hub>Shops. very very comprehensive list of merchants... almost forces you to check every time you buy something online.

Would've been great to have had this a few weeks ago given all the expenses at woodies, B&Q, amazon, etc.

I may be wrong bu it looks like it works differently from the way the normal Rewards work where you activate the offer on the app and then whenever you pay with your card it registers the transaction. With these it looks like you have to click on the offer in the app, it opens a browser window (you need to accept cookies) and then it tracks that session.

It works a bit like those link referral programs like FatWallet from a decade ago.

I may be wrong, this is based on a v quick read of the T&Cs. If somebody has received the cashback in any other way pls share

Yip have the same thoughts on how it operates and worth bearing in mind it is for online purchases only which is different from the Tesco and other rewards they have run previously. Where once the reward was activated in the app the instore purchase would generate the cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Kumpic

For those of you who have no acces to Hub / Shops -> update the app. Worked for me just now.

Legend. Uninstalled it and reinstalled on IOS and now I have shops with Amazon etc

theres about a thousand shops on it ! Madness I could only see a few restaurants before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Couldn't see the Shops before. Thanks for that clue on where to find it.

Now is this just for online purchases? For example, I see 3% cashback at TK Maxx. I've just activated it in the Revolut app and that brought me to the TK Maxx, where I can look up store locations, etc. but does not seem to be an online shop as such.

Advertisement