Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you take the money?

Options
  • 05-10-2022 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭

Your drink is spiked on a night out and nothing else happens. You figure out who did it and their mammy offers you €250,000 not to go to the Gardaí.

Do you take the money or go go to the Gardaí.

I'd take the money.(I've no morals I know.)

Yes, It's a story in Fair City.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Free drugs and a quarter of a mill where do I sign up?

In reality how you would you prove someone spiked you except an admission.

How do you give someone 250k€ that doesnt lead to revenue or garda questions, in cash like?

If given that amount in cash by somebody would you feel safe?

I don't watch fair City though so maybe all this has been explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well it's Fair City land.

The guys mother is one of Irelands top legal professionals. So, she'd find away.

She's about to blsckmail a judge with an indicient photo to get somebody out of prison.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would gladly take it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

After a small gift exemption of €3000 you'd pay 33% CGT. Your bank would notify revenue (money laundering legislation) and you couldn't stuff it under the mattress in notes.

So, I'd demand €331,510 to buy my silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

yes and i'd have no need to stuff it under the matress because I'd go mad shpending !

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It depends, if €250k was more assets than every single thing combined they owned outside of their house I would take it, if it was only a fraction of their wealth I wouldn't.

#Gain4Pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up? 

I'd take the money and then go to the cops with it.

Let the mammy then explain to them why they were "gifting" me €250k to keep silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd buy the most ridiculous amount of Cake you've ever seen in your life, then none of you would hear from me again

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I’d be more upset that someone bothered to spike my drink and didn’t want to take advantage of the situation. What was the point of the whole thing?

As for proving you were spiked. No need to go to the Gardai. It seems to be sufficient to just make claims on social media because nobody is ever allowed to question anything any more.

And yes, of course I’d take the money, and then blackmail them for more in true Guiffre style.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The woman who was sex trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein and paid off by the crown to drop charges against Prince Andrew for having sex with a, trafficked, minor?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Only if they took photos of me naked, wearing fake rubber golden boobies, with a suborifaced and protruding bedtime aid, singing " where have all the Cowboys gone?" with a German accent....

What would be the point otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

People don't get their drinks spiked like that in real life no matter what stories you read or hear from friends. The rape crisis centre had to come out and tell people this yet people still don't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

The idea of having to pay 33% is just sickening, could I just burn the lot tax free?

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If somebody just spiked my drink and nothing else happened, then I'd take the money.

If somebody spiked my drink and took advantage of me and put things up my butt, then I'd also take the money.

Yes they do.

It happened to me in a niteclub, only my friends realised what was happening and got me to a hospital, god knows what would have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

You could burn it but as far as I know tax would still be due as you accepted the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 captain dildano

I had my drink spiked once, a long time ago and it was terrifying. Thankfully I'd only been drinking soft drinks that night and a friend brought me home and watched over me all night to make sure I was OK. The really scary thing is that it was done by someone in the group of 'friends' that I was with that night. To this day I don't know who did it, whether they did it for a laugh or whether they meant to harm me. For all I know it could have been the person who watched over me that night. So no, I wouldn't accept money to keep my mouth shut. If someone else got hurt I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This, down a quarter of a mil and Revenue chasing you.

I think you could donate it to a registered charity and CGT wouldn't be liable but I stand to be corrected on that.

Did any medical professional say what drug was used?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Rohypnol most likely, this drug has lived a most interesting life in Ireland, started out as the drug that mammies were prescribed for a number of ailments, then became very known to drug abusers. During the 90's I believe they were adopted by Ecstasy users as they provided a very soft landing after a heavy night. At some point during this decade they were used to spike drinks, and after this they pretty much became outlawed in Dublin, drug addicts had to go to doctors/pharmacies outside the capital, and they also changed the tablets to include some sort of dye in an attempt to prevent spiking, though it may also have been to prevent drug abusers from injecting them if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure about nowadays, but in years past if you walked past a drug addict and they were in that slow motion kinda fall over forwards then it wasnt actually heroin they were using, it was most likely rohypnol.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Won it on an accumulator your honour. Or Bitcoin,Rolex's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Not sure I could take it. It’s a form of “enabling” and I’d have the next victims on my conscience.

Maybe some of you could live with that but I couldn’t.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭bmc58

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Has anyone ever proven that they have had their drink "spiked"?

Lots of anecdotal stories alright but has anyone ever got blood tests etc to confirm they have been drugged

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I think drink spiking with drugs has been proven at times. The more recent needle spiking hysteria is a different story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,684 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Depending on how rich they were I would take it or more. That kind of money could go a long way to making my dream come true and to me leading a much happier life :)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Not in Ireland ever. The Rape Crisis Centre came out and pointed this out several times. They said that alcohol is the main issue. What people ignore is that you may occasionally react more strongly than accustomed to.

Advertisement