Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Essens perfume

Options
  • 26-11-2020 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭

Not a purchase a review but wondering of anyone else has seen the perfume sellers on facebook? About 3 or 4 of my facebook friends have started selling cheap designer perfume from a company called ESSENS ... Apparently the perfume is the same as the originals but bottled in cheaper packaging bringing down the price but apparently also has more fragrance oils to make the scent last longer.. surely it cant be the same as the original perfume if the ingredient content is different?
    Wondering if anyone has tried them? Id be reluctant to buy as who knows whats in them or where the perfume even comes from, could literally be stolen perfumes and repackaged or made in someone's shed with who knows what thrown in!
    Has anyone bought or sold any that can report on the quality etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Moved to own thread

Wouldn't go near it, they appear to be a Multi Level Marketing Scheme, or network marketing, or essentially pyramid schemes. I know a few girls who got wrapped up in selling essential oils with an MLM and it was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

If you're looking for perfume dupes from a reputable company theres a fab shop in Kilkenny called Valley of Roses that I'd really recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Twee. wrote: »
    Moved to own thread

Wouldn't go near it, they appear to be a Multi Level Marketing Scheme, or network marketing, or essentially pyramid schemes. I know a few girls who got wrapped up in selling essential oils with an MLM and it was a disaster.

Thanks for moving it to its own thread.

Yes, same I wouldnt go near them. How on earth do they end up selling them? Surely they must buy them all in bulk and have to sell them off with a profit or something?
    Seems a bit shady on the part of the company.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

From what I understand they draw you in with the work whenever you want, earning potential of up to €X, be your own boss bullcrap, when in reality to be making any sort of return on investment (including your time), you need to be shifting a hell of a lot of product.

The money is made by being an upline, recruiting people to your "team" to sell, you get a % of their sales, then they recruit below them, so on and so forth. Starts to resemble a sort of inverted triangle then... If your "team" makes big bucks, then you as the upline get the bonuses etc, some of the bigger MLMs do cruises, luxury holidays, car leases.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lisetrickel

I haven't tried smelling ESSENCS perfume. But a friend of mine does sell it on Facebook

• Advertisement
Advertisement