Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some questions on eir tv

Options
  • 26-09-2022 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

May be changing to eir fibre and was thinking of possible adding a eir tv package with it for 9.99 and have some questions.

I have Freesat on the main TV so would be for the kitchen.

Does the app have all the same channels? Is it available for Android or just apple devices? Can it be cast?

Is it possible to add other apps or is it locked to just what eir advertise?

Could I watch from the box in one room and cast in another? Without paying an additional 9.99?

Post edited by Fake Tales on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Yes - the app has the same channels as the box. It also has the recording menu, so you can play back programmes recorded on the box. You can cast from Android and use it as another box in a different room. Another option is to buy your own Apple TV boxes. eir don't charge any monthly fee for multi-room if you buy your own boxes, so you can do your whole house for €9.99pm. (They don't advertise this). You could buy additional Apple TV boxes new for around €200, but eir sell refurbished boxes on their eir-store website for €79.99, which is excellent value. This is a slightly neater solution than casting from a phone or tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Fake Tales

Thanks. Do you know if it's the most recent eir box or an older one. I remember someone telling me they had improved the remote in the most recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

The box that I got from Eir with my bundle was the Apple 4k TV box, with an Eir remote control. The additional boxes that I bought were the same model, but with the original Apple remote control. I actually like the touch sensitive Apple remotes, but I can understand that many customers might prefer a more conventional remote, so I can see why Eir "dumbed down" the remote. It's not a big deal - you can actually program the Apple box to work with any remote.

Advertisement