Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭dzilla

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Manto in the Uluru taxi would definitely do this for you, as would most other 7/8 seater taxi drivers.

Nice will look him up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Where could I get someone to fit an 18" safety grab rail to a partition wall

over the bath.

Supply and fit or fit only would do grand.

Within 2/3 weeks if possible.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Hi everyone.
    Trying to buy a refill for my calor gas cylinder (for the bbq).
    Homebase and woodies have no stock at the moment.

Any suggestions?

(and I should highlight that it's a calor gas, not flo gas.)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

kuang1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Any suggestions?

dunphys shop at the manor, near morris's, they do them. so do a lot of the petrol stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hi everyone.

Any suggestions?

autoport also might, unsure though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Hi everyone.

Any suggestions?

I think Motorpoint on Military Road supplies those!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BrierBun

Hi all,

Anybody know where I could find a Waterford-area GP who's currently accepting new (private) patients?

While I'm at it...is there any place in town that sells bulk food/home goods/etc, similar to Costco?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

BrierBun wrote: »
    Anybody know where I could find a Waterford-area GP who's currently accepting new (private) patients?
    Its a flip of a coin ATM i believe,prob best to call around and ask each practice.
    BrierBun wrote: »
    While I'm at it...is there any place in town that sells bulk food/home goods/etc, similar to Costco?
    Only whosesaler in Waterford is https://www.musgravemarketplace.ie/ AFAIK.
    I dont know if you need an account though, I'm open to correction on that

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

Where in Waterford City or County would I buy a budgie/Parakeet?

Do Maxi Zoo sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

Friends. Where to get friends. 😂 I've moved here in the middle of pandemic, working from home, mid thirties. Does anyone know of any walking, hiking or any club that's still active? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Waterford Dodgeball Club is back training on Wednesday nights in De La Salle school hall. 19.00 - 20.30

You'll need proof of vaccination, as per current guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

I had to google what it is, lol, and yeah, sounds fun but my american time work schedule doesn't help my social life. 😂

Thanks anyway. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Does anyone know any launderettes in town that'll wash and iron shirts, per item?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I've used Andy's up at the Hyper a good bit. Always found his service great.

Dry cleaners in Ardkeen (beside full o' beans) do shirts for €2.50 each, but I think you might need to have a minimum of 4.

Does anyone know of someone in town who repairs electric toothbrushes? It was a fairly expensive one when I first bought it: Philips Sonicare Diamondclean.

I've opened it up and it appears to be electronic/battery related rather than anything mechanical. Just thought it might be worth attempting to fix before going ahead and buying a new one.

id say you ll find it hard to find anyone tbh, could be a diy job, if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hi all, does anyone know somewhere in town that does stovetop popcorn? The ones that come with the foil seal that expands as you heat on the hob.

TIA

• Advertisement

I haven't seen what you're looking for per se, but it kind of sounds like an American thing. If so, there's a few shops around town selling American confectionary which might have it. Supervalu Tramore Road have an aisle of American stuff (not just confectionary but cereals, canned goods etc...), the Blackrock Cafe in Broad Street opposite Sketchers advertise that they have a range of American confectionary and finally the Good Vibes Vape Shop on Parnell street also have American confectionary in the windows. I hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Brilliant, thanks johnnykilo! You're right, I've only ever seen it in American films. My wife doesn't like having a microwave in the house -long story- so we just get bags of popcorn but fancied a change for our next movie night!

I had forgotten about Good Vibes, have a feeling he may have it!

Hi guys, where exactly in ardkeen is insomnia coffee shop as I cant pin it down in relation to other shops that it is

as my google my google street view keeps jumping all over the place, except that is is near lidl and aldi car parks.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Its beside aldi ardkeen, you cant miss it as you drive into the aldi car park

thats great just wanted to be certain cheers for that.

Anyone ever get a ceramic coating done on their car in Waterford? Good/bad experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 squiz79

Looking for a cheap swimming pool in Waterford City I can take the kids to occasionally without having to become a member and pay a monthly fee.

Anyone know of any?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Sorry to hijack the swimming pool question but any recommendation on where does water-babies/toddler swim lessons in the general Waterford area - the county forum seems dead so asking here but I am not limited to the city itself if there are other suggestions around the county as I am not living in the city itself. I have swam in a few pools around the region down though the years and got lessons as a kid but things have changed now I am sure. Covid meant I missed out on getting them into the water early on so it will be starting from scratch at the toddler stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement