Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One For All Voucher (in GBP)

Options
  • 16-09-2022 11:23am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Was recently gifted a one for all voucher but it's in GBP, I've tried to use it in multiple different shops here in Ireland (both in person and online) but to no avail. Getting in touch with the One for All crowd didn't go any further than my making initial contact, a couple of times, but they don't seem to reply.

Would any kind soul happen to know just how I can spend this voucher?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Maybe a trip up North?

Maybe one can only use it on what retailers list on the card as every card differs with retailers.

https://www.one4all.com/favourites-faq

• Registered Users Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

www.one4allgiftcard.co.uk

They're all there….

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Thank you, even the places that have ceased operations for years are there too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Had the same issue a couple of years ago: my boss in the US was told that one4all vouchers were the done thing for informal work bonuses in Ireland, so she happily went to "one4all.com" to buy it, which is the UK site. 🤦‍♂️

I contacted one4all and asked if I could get the balance transferred to an Irish card, but they refused. Looked at the online retailers available, and between trying to sort out the ones that were still in business and still accepted the cards, the ones that would ship to Ireland at all, the ones that had something I actually wanted, the fact that the card was £50, but you can't supplement it with a Credit Card to buy something more expensive, and the VAT and handling charges I'd have to pay getting something in from the UK post-Brexit, I just gave up. Bought a restaurant voucher with and sent that to a colleague in the UK as thank you and washed my hands of it.

If you can't get up North to use it in person, and if it's a physical card, consider selling it to someone in the UK at a discount - at least you'll get something back on it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Thanks Gregor, that's exactly what I was planning on doing if all else failed, so looks like that's the way to go after all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement