Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Yeah is was September last year went I got power to the house and the PV system started running but it was late October before I started logging it 25/10/21 so I have a bit to go.

The Solis web is saying I have generated 6.78 MWh since installed so I have about 6 more weeks of production. Although I use Home Assistant and ShellyEMs to log my PV now and they give me a percent or two more kWhs per month as the frequency of sampling is seconds instead of minutes through the Solis web.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

managed a whole 6.5Kwh today ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

15kWh yesterday, nothing exported, but did get a bit into the Eddi.

Consumption > production for September so far. Probably will balance out today as look nice and sunny this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Since we started in Tuesday this week our old meter is today 4 units below what it was on Tuesday.

Solar is absolutely throwing out the kw's now at 90% capacity. Remarkable buzz from generating one's own electricity

..hmm buzz is probably an apt choice of words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Another brutally over optimistic estimate for today... 37kwh my....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Was a bright early morning in the Midlands but then dark clouds rolled in around 9. Hard to make worthwhile early morning PV this time of the year. Improved around 11 and more blue than clouds now. Hopefully get the car back to 100%, full hot water and 4 washes done come 6

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I reckon this is about the best way in knowing the short term future.

Ireland Visible - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service

And play the sequence to see if there's a break in the clouds coming.

Picked up a little, 25kwh now, battery 94%, car 70%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭allinthehead

11kwh today. 3.2kwp SE, .8 kwp NW, .8 kwp W. Pretty dull day in East Cork.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Proof if it were needed that Donegal is God's country.

30.1kWh, 0.8kWh exported, 8.2kWh into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭silver_sky

23.5kWh in North Co. Dub. Exported 7.9kWh, imported 1.7kWh. Car took 6.3kWh and Eddi put 3kWh into the hot water. Not a bad day. Import is due to some tweaking going on with the Solis firmware.

4.2kw today

Terrible weather, awful dull.

*shakes fist at sky*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just heavy clouds and rain non stop for 7.6kWh

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Shocker of a day today but testament to having a decent sized battery. Just over 9kwh generated but such a difference to how September started. Next few days look fairly promising thankfully

25Kwh , yesterday .

today sunday 8Kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Quote a fall from grace...

Yesterday the second best of the month, today the second worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Like most it was a rotten day yesterday with 4.2kWh, today not fairing much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Niceday20

Not so bad here in Mayo today, getting by without having to charge the battery last night. Hopefully fully heat the HW, the battery already having reached 100%.

With the large swings day on day yields it is hard to guess when to charge overnight and when not to.

System 4.8kW.

Hmm to charge or not to charge, that is the question...

• Advertisement

Today wasn't bad imo. Off the back off 4.4kw yesterday managed 11.7 today considering the day wasn't much better, albeit not quite as dark

22.4 today , nice bit of sun ,, after miserable Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Not even 3kw dull dull day here

Irish weather predictions... magic is more real than them...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Niceday20

Hope the irish weather prediction for you is correct.

Despite forecasts below, just not getting much this morning with high cloud. Fortuneately, I forgot to switch off overnight charging, so I had a nearly full battery this morning.

Brutal day in West Dublin, predictions nowhere near, full clouds, only about 3kwh so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Yup - I feel your pain in D16. It does look like it will clear later as per the forecast.

Ireland Visible - Met Éireann - The Irish Meteorological Service

My automation decided today was going to be "grand", so it didn't charge anything into the battery. One hopes that the 3-4 hrs this afternoon will be enough to fill it.

Would it be possible when people are posting their generations sats that they include their array size please ? It would be useful to know what to expect.

Has anyone here availed of the FIT that some energy providers are providing ?

My only gripe with that is there is no guarantees and could pull the FIT any time or greatly reduce it.

I think Energia were offering 21c/Kwh ? at least I have to say it sounds more attractive now getting a lump sum off the bill rather than having to dump energy to stuff I don't need like tonnes of Hot water.

I'd have to get a smart meter too which would mean the 3rd more expensive peak rate and not sure I could get a cheaper night rate tariff either.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Re array size.. we used to, then got lazy 😂.

Regarding FIT:

If you have a day night you are meant to get a deemed (estimated) export amount. The calculation is on the Cru website, I don't have it to hand.

Nobody here has got any payments yet, but it's supposed to be back dated to February.

Rates are as follows

SSE Airtricity 14 cents / kWh

Pinergy 13.5 cents / kWh

Energia 18 cents / kWh

Electric Ireland 14 cent / kWh

Bord Gais not yet released

Flogas 20 cents / kWh

I'd be holding onto the day/night meter for now anyway.

Payments are due to start "soon" but God knows how long that would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

Looks like it's picked up a bit today.

New installation since last week and got battery up and running yesterday. Relieved to be getting some of the last bits of summer sun in before the winter!

5.7kWp East West split.

Advertisement