Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nude swims in Ballinasloe

Options
  • 11-03-2022 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there!

Just in case it interests someone, we organise nudist swimming+sauna sessions in Ballinasloe Leisure Centre. They take place every second Sunday evening of the month.

I am unaware that many Irish people are unfamiliar with naturism, so before someone is tempted to drop in some joke, I would like to point out that we are a disabled-friendly volunteering organisation and our motivation for our naked activities is body acceptance and respect for every body no matter size, shape or age. It's all about increasing of body confidence and positive ageing, a booster for our mental health.

I'll be very happy to explain further in private messages or in this thread. We have been organising these sessions in Ballinasloe since 2018 but I imagine they are still quite unknown in Co. Galway, or are they not??

Thanks for your comments!

Leticia

Irish Naturist Association

www.irishnaturism.org/events

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Spidermann1

Fair play 👍

I've heard of this in one or two other places around Ireland, cool to see it happening in Galway.

Not interested myself but I'm curious if there's many that go

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Leticia Medina

No, not that many in Ballinasloe, which is why I am announcing it here.

In Monaghan and Wicklow Leisure Centres we sometimes have a fully booked house and need to close the booking form, whereas Ballinasloe never gets to that stage.

I'd say for someone who is shy and a little nervous to try social nudity, our Ballinasloe event is the very best place to begin because it is easy to just do your own thing, loads of laps, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 anthony murray874

Is this still going ahead every second Sunday and what time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Leticia Medina

Sure, Ballinasloe every second Sunday of the month at Ballinasloe Leisure Centre.

Arrival at 5pm. (No late arrivals because the lifeguard will lock the door and might not hear it if anybody is knocking on the door)

We have recently added Birr in Co. Offaly, only 40km way from Ballinasloe. These bookings are on the second Saturday of each month, also arrival at 5pm.

Enrolments are mandatory through our booking forms, this has proven to be a good vetting mechanism, we have never had any trouble-makers in our events.

You can find them in our newsletter:

https://us12.campaign-archive.com/?u=c27cedee8ce88c049140fa9e7&id=4801e24dff

• Advertisement
Advertisement