Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Mayhem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Wouldn’t bother with? Fast track, or trying to travel at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

In T2 I'd say yes but it's a few weeks since I've gone through around that time and that was on a Sunday, Fridays usually busier TA. Lots of very large planes leave T2 from mid morning

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

I've an 0615 flight out of T1 on Saturday morning, is it worth adding the Fast Track?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

I would anytime between 6-9 i'd have fast track anytime after I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Fast Track only expedites the first security check - it has no bearing on US queue for Border Control .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 formfakd

Unfortunately I have. First, in Frankfurt I lost the connection to BG. Then we were in the hotel overnight. Next day we flew to Munich, to get to BG, but lost the flight to BG,again. We reached the destination after 26hours. Our bags arrived with us.

In the way back, our bags were late and they are missing for days now. Sorry noting great to say. But if you have an option of choosing longer times for transfers, I think that would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭beachhead

What's the make up of queues got to do with anything.A dig at families and senior citizens maybe.I don't think either group gets treated any different by airport staff

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭fran38

Flying with Emirates from T2 in late September. Catching a late flight (22.00). What's the airport like at that hour? Any idea if my luggage is under threat of not making the flight?

Not a dig, just groups that generally take longer to get through security. Learned experience from over 500 flights taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Anyway... I added the fast track to my trip outward through Dublin, seems early flights are still a gamble.

At least I won't need on the second leg out of Bologna, I've plenty of time and it's not anywhere near as crazy in there.

Ciao!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

There'll be absolutely no one in the place at 10 O'Clock at night and I'm sure they still load luggage at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Appears that fast track security is open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭rameire

Flew out Monday 8th August.

Flight was Ryanair at 6.25

Arrived at shot term 1c carpark at 4.20.

Walked straight into T1 at 4.30.

No Queues outside.

Assisted an elderly person to bag check and drop at Ryanair. No checked luggage myself.

Walked straight to boarding scanners and then was 10 back in security Q.

Took under 10 minutes to get through.

No issues at that time. Flew through.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭jmreire

Not very encouraging news for me...I'm due to fly to Belgrade on 1st Sept, 05:55 departure, Dublin to Frankfurt. Normally, I have experienced problems on the return leg, Belgrade to Munich, not enough time allowed for the transfer. But never on the outward leg. What happened in your case, if you don't mind my asking? Oh, and regarding the luggage, no problems with that at the Belgrade end? My Belgrade friend has warned me not to bring any thing other than carry on luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,429 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Got a bank transfer from Aer Lingus. €387 compensation for my baggage delay (2 weeks) I had to buy ew shoes, shirts and trousers for work.

if you were out of pocket for delayed luggage , be sure to send in receipts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

It's been a long time since I've flown anywhere. Have a flight at 07:30 to Dubrovnik with Aer Lingus in September. What time should I be looking to arrive at, or what will T2 be like at that time? Fast track necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

I found fast track to be a waste of money when flying at that time on a Thursday 3weeks ago. DAA advice is now that 2 hours before is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Went through T2 on Wednesday morning for a flight to US, no queues except at immigration, but that moved swiftly.

Any improvements in the baggage situation, either in Dublin or other airports ( especially Belgrade ) you have been in recently? Heading to Belgrade next week, and am advised by my Belgrade friend only to bring what I can carry on to the aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

How's the security delays going in the Ryanair terminal (T1, I think) in the last while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,064 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully not too bad, flying out of there next Friday lunchtime

Heard the Garden Terrace is gone to shite

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

We did checked baggage a few weeks ago with ryanair. About 5 bags checked between our group travelling and no issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Got dropped off at t1 this morning at 4.55 for a 6.30 flight, was through security at 6.01.

Is the security waiting times on the app accurate ?

Arrived in T1 at 9.55 through security by 10.10

Very quick turnaround

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

going into bologna airport from dublin with aer lingus 21st sept and back home from naples with ryanair 1st Oct

really hoping we don't lose our checked luggage (one 20kg each)

is it really only risky if you have a connecting flight and not direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,150 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It can still happen on direct, but it's vastly less likely.

Got through Dublin Airport en route to Belgrade without any hassle, maybe because I had no checked luggage, and only security to get through. That may have been because I was there at about 12:30 or 01:00 hrs and very little activity at that time. Frankfurt was more problematic, as you need to catch the shuttle bus from one part of the airport to the other ( Z zone) and lots of walking and stairs to be climbed. You could conceivably miss your flight if you dawdled on your way in the many shops. On the flight I was on, Frankfurt-Belgrade, all of the passengers got their checked in luggage on arrival, but there were loads of uncollected luggage scattered around the arrivals area. So beware.

That's the time it takes after you scan your boarding card. At peak times it can take 30+ minutes to get to scan your BC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭VG31

Those kind of delays seem to be a thing of the past now.

Advertisement