Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Mayhem

Options
1495051525355»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

Wouldn't pay for it if you are only looking for 2-3 pints. Cheaper buying those pints in the bar than spending 25 or whatever the cost is to access the daa lounges. Grand when you have them for free with airlines status etc but would not pay for them

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

I find the lounges are much better value if using them from the afternoon onwards as then they have sandwiches and pasta salads to choose from.

The morning is a horrible waste of money as all they have are cereals for the same price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Update. Surprisingly it still took 25-30 mins to get through at that time and they had a mot of each open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭HBC08

I understand you get 2 free drinks with entry so it basically costs a tenner to get in,not bad if you're guaranteed a seat and easy bar access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I was in terminal 1 an hour after you and it took me less than a minute through, was delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

2 drinks are included but I have had more. I don't think they would refuse you unless you were completely taking the pi$$ on the drinks or were getting rowdy....which I have never seen in the lounge. The relative peace and quiet of the lounge compared to the rest of the airport is worth the entry price alone to me.

Busy enough in T1 this morning at about 5.45am... fast track took 15 mins and the normal lanes were quoting 25 mins.

I see you can buy fasttrack now again on the spot...and there's a tent back out front?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

One tent has never left. Just in case, particularly as it gets colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭redhill

Re Airport car parking, is it worth paying 20 euros extra for Red car park than Blue? Is there much travel time difference to terminal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,941 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I have only ever used Red, and it's very handy.

I recently travelled with someone who had used Blue, and said it was a nightmare, never to be done again.

Personally, for the sake of 20 quid, travelling is quite stressful enough, I'd pay it to be close to the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

Every time the Blue car park is mentioned it reminds me of the Simpsons episode when Homer became a Mason and he gets to use the special tunnel and eventually ends up in a car park just behind his house, the upshot was he got roller blades.

That how I see the Blue car park. you may aswell drive around your estate park back at your house and get the rollerblades on.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

In fairness, if you end up parking in the zones in the red which are actually separate from the rest of the car park (can't remember the letters) you might as well be in blue. It happened to me three trips in a row. I miss Quickpark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

I find Red very handy and especially when you return it's nice to get on the road quicker.

If your flight times aren't early / late and you don't have an hour plus drive when you return then blue might be ok for you.

But Red is my preference when available.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭redhill

Yes, in the summer we were in Red zone ‘Z’ and it wasn’t great, took an age both getting there and finding car as the section of zone Z we were in didn’t have any markings and I marked the position of the car with a Sixt rent a car sign in the distance, couldn’t then find the Sixt sign when we got back at midnight as bus left us off in a totally different place…

• Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Depends on how you value your time.

Is it worth an extra €20 to save ten minutes ?

Quickpark was sold recently so hopefully opening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I ended up there recently, down behind the graveyard. Mad place.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭agfasfos

Just checked there now, it's E107 to park for 7 days, was around E40 to E50 last year, mad money.

Have you priced the Holiday Blue DAA car park ?

You should get 7 days for about €80 online.

It's €14 per day if you just turn up on the day.

Also if coming from the Southside by M50 it's quite convenient though the shuttle bus is a bit longer than the Red carpark.

It's a nightmare of a car park. Surface of the moon is smoother, no signs as to what zones have spaces, no signs as to where buses serve. Did it earlier in the year, never again.

Travelling next week, taxi both ways is about 40 euro cheaper than even the blue "car park"

It is a bit cheap and cheerful but it works.

You are right to use the taxi though if it's working out that much cheaper.

Can't beat the door to door convenience.

• Advertisement

Have a fixed fare taxi lad from south county Dublin, given current DAA pricing it's often cheaper to get that than pay for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Cameraman

How does that work on the return trip - does he come to the airport and wait, or do you use airport taxis/buses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Went through at lunchtime last Tuesday and it was terrible. 55 mins from getting to boarding machines to getting through security. You couldn't actually use the boarding scanners as there was no room to move into so that's where the Q started. Most machines seemed to be open too

Book him for the return and collects me out the back of T1. He's also collected me in the car park building of T2.

Arrived into T1 around 1am. Didn't notice the gate but not the Ryanair side anyway. Not the main T1 passport has, a much smaller one but when we got there there were no agents on. Took about 5 minutes for staff to start to arrive!

Advertisement