Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭wassie

Pixel 6a now been released - have created a separate thread for discussion of prices, availability etc. to keep this thread on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

I see on the UK google store the Pixel 6 pro is 649 sterling & can trade in an old phone against it to bring the price down further. Unidays also has 10% off if you know a student on the google store.

Was wondering if there is a Parcel motel alternative that might work if anyone knew?

On the Irish pixel store the Pixel 6 pro is still full price 899 euros for some reason, discounted everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Ok so got the update on my P6P last night. I was part of the quarterly 12 Beta and in fairness my experience was that the operation of the phone was smooth in the first place before I used 13.

A13 I feel so far from a smoothness of use is negligable, I don't see much difference and the phone is snappy as hell, as mentioned on A12 (QBs) it was aswell. Where 13 seems to have excelled and makes the user experience better is around some of the bug fixes and app behaviors.

1. The super annoying turn off screen while on a call bug that would continue once the call was over, so if you went near the phone it would turn off the screen seems to be fixed
    2. Apps now remember where they were within the app if you flip in and out of them, for example QR codes for layality apps, if you swapped out of them and then back in you would have to go find the QR code again.
    3. The Geo-Location update seem to work consistently now. Apps I use to determine my location (Home Vs. Away) and activate or deactivate alerts based on this have been consistently working the last 12 hours.

All in all this makes the phone much more consistent and I suppose add to the "smoothness"

Ill add a little here after a day about battery life and other QoS additions that I may not have come across yet.

I do agree the phone definitely feels a lot snappier however one bug I have encountered last night was the phone stopped charging overnight at around 80% and when I lifted it off the pixel stand it wouldn't charge until I restarted the phone, I'll be interested to see if the same issue occurs tonight with adaptive charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭TheRona

Had the exact same issue with mine. Realised this morning before leaving for work that it hadn't fully charged on the pixel stand. Put it on another wireless charger in my office and it wouldn't charge at all until rebooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I dont have a wireless charger so cant confirm.

However Reddit and g9to5 have all reports of wireless charging not working since A13. So it would seem that this is a definite consistent reproducable bug

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭opus

It's working fine with my P6 on my generic wireless charger from Aliexpress at work, haven't seen any difference between A12 & A13 at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,874 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Turn off adaptive charging and it should fix the 80% problem

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The last few days since updating to 13 I've woken up to a partially charged battery sitting on my Google wireless charging stand. However, I have adaptive charging enabled and my son is waking me up half an hour before my alarm is due to go off so it's expected behaviour.

I'd be surprised if it went from 80-100% in the last half hour if you hadn't taken it off the charger

• Advertisement

We shouldn't have to turn off the feature to make the phone charge. It wasn't a problem in the past.

I'll keep a close eye on it over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,874 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I don't work for Google. I'm just telling you what I think will work to fix the issue. Don't do it if you don't want to. No skin off my nose.

Ah yeah, I realise that. I thought you were saying that it was expected behaviour with that feature on, rather than a workaround for a bug.

In any case, I haven't had an issue again since my last reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So I got the Pixel 6 at launch. Pre-ordered. I like the camera and camera functions but the battery life is just killing me. I use it as a dual SIM (Personal is the e-SIM with Vodafone and physical is work). I don't know if it's because one of the SIMs is e-SIM or what but I barely get 12-13 hours with light usage before it dies on me. I have purged apps (It's not running anything my previous phones weren't running) and factory reset and it still just runs SO hot when doing anything. Even doing something as simple as youtube or even the gallery. I don't think there is anything WRONG with the phone. I'm just disappointed. It's in perfect condition. Not a single scratch or dent on it. Going to trade it in with oneplus.

I mean, hey, I can't complain. Got an awesome pair of headphones with it. I don't feel like I've been burned (Apart from the phone running so damn hot). But it just doesn't live up to anywhere near where I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭mossie

Yeah, battery is very poor for me also. I think I'll do a full factory reset tonight to see if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've had this for about 4 months now (coming from a Huawei P30 Pro). The Huawei phone definitely had a better battery life.

Not sure if my next phone will be a Pixel, but we'll see how the 7 reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

Anyone else having problems with WiFi calling on Vodafone after the Android 13 update?

Based on call history, I last used it on the 12th August but yesterday I had no signal and tried to make a wifi call and it didn't work. Phone said to connect to a wifi network (I was). Also, if you go into call settings, there's no preferences listed any more. Just a toggle to turn it on and off but nothing about which one should be prioritised

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭wassie

Are you using 5G on one or both SIMs? If 5G is not correctly configured with your carrier it will be constantly searching & reconnecting for a signal. 5G also requires more power - making phone run warmer and chew through battery life faster. Try a test to switch off 5G for a couple of days and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I did wonder why my phone was only charged to 65% this morning. That's annoying.

• Advertisement

Oddly enough I again woke up early today and this time my battery was already at 100%. As a result I'm not sure if the adaptive battery functionality is a little messed up since the upgrade to 13 or if the adaptive battery functionality is actually smarter than I thought and doesn't just rely on an alarm to determine when to optimally reach 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

My battery is gone to the dogs since the update.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭pandabat

My battery life seems fairly unchanged since the update. I could still get 2 days moderate usage out of the P6 if I was careful. I'm on 4G (rather than be 5G) when out and about though (but mostly on WiFi at home/work)

Post edited by pandabat on

I have done a reset but have run into an issue where the phone keeps disconnecting from wifi every few seconds meaning I can't restore my apps. Phone is completely unusable at the moment. Last time I'll buy a google phone. Back to OnePlus I think.

Post edited by mossie on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,761 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Some suggest if you have Samsung Health installed turn off Physical Activity off, as its tracked on the Samsung Watch. Worked on my older Pixel.

Has anyone had an issue where the Pixel 6 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi? Mine literally connects and disconnects within a few seconds. I've tried all the suggested cures but nothing works beyond maybe 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had it a few weeks back, was trying to cast a film to my TV and the WiFi kept dropping and reconnecting which killed the cast. I had to give up and transfer the file onto a laptop and plug that into the TV instead. I think it's working ok now without me doing anything, haven't noticed it dropping recently. I hope so anyway, lack of Miracast support is one of the main reasons I'd never buy an iPhone.

I've done 4 factory resets and god knows how many network resets. I've done a factory reset there and it seems to be holding the connection for now. Keeping my fingers crossed. I know there was an issue earlier in the year but apparently that was solved.

EDIT: Lasted maybe 30 minutes and now back to connecting / disconnecting every few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭MickH503

I managed to accidentally smash the back glass on my P6 Pro, despite it been in an Otterbox case :(

Has anyone got one repaired? What sort of cost is it? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭amargar

Does anybody have connection problems with Vodafone? I leave the wifi and it doesn't connect to 4G unless I go airplane mode on and off. It's been happening for months

Advertisement