Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 International Series

Options
  • 24-05-2022 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Anyone considering a trip to Munich or London this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I've provisionally booked a hotel in Munich, but apparently over 500,000 people have registered their interest, so I'll have to be lucky. Will try and get to a London game again. Would highly recommend if anyone hasn't been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Details on ticket sales are now up. Looks to be about an extra £5.00 on prices going by what I paid last year but they are definitely pushing people for the Spurs games towards purchasing the season tickets by selling them earlier than single game tickets

I was going to try for Saints/Vikings probably the most competitive of the 3 games but I think everyone is expecting huge demand for Packers/Giants so unsure how the season tickets push will affect availability for single tickets and my finances might be tight to go to two games. Has anyone who got a season ticket before for Spurs used the the NFL ticket exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I used the ticket exchange last year and it was very straight forward. I reckon you should get tickets to saints/Vikings handy enough. A lot with season tickets will be holding onto packers/giants and selling the other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭pedatron

Logged on an half 8 for tickets and there were 33k ahead of me in the queue. So much for going on sale at 10am. I absolutely despise ticketmaster.

In their email they said something about not logging in until 9:30am as it may affect how you get into the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Logged in at 09:05.. 67k ahead of me.

Logged in my 2nd account, website wouldn't load and now has 186668 ahead of me.

Yes that's 186 thousand

Just read on Google that the site went live yesterday evening and had a few thousand on it by midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Lesson learned for me for next time regarding the que. Logged on shortly after 9 and was 81000 ahead of me.

Over an hour wait I'm being told and I joined at half 8. Not a chance any of us are getting a ticket I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Silly me. Followed the instruction by not logging before 9.30am. Logged on bang on the time. 146000 in queue ahead of me. Lesson learned.

• Advertisement

currently 21930 ahead of me.. keeps going from giving me a time to log in to back to over an hour.

09:05 ,13.5k now ,says another 30 minutes

second account loggin at 09:30 incase they kicked people ,thats on 132k

all gone for giants game. couple left for saints

Flock that.

Some PR mess from the NFL UK and Ticketmaster telling people on that email this week not to join the queue until 9.30am. Thankfully I spotted some comment on twitter around 8.50am about the Munich games last week and they said the same thing happened and nobody who joined the queue early for that was kicked out at all.

I joined then early myself and had around 57k ahead of me, missed out on Packers/Giants as I had expected but got Saints/Vikings at 12 noon so over 3 hours in total queuing, to put into context previous years queueing for me in 2019 I had tickets bought at 10:20am and last year at 11am can't believe demand has increased that much or is there just increases in season ticket sales, scalpers, bots?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

Shed load of tickets for saints game up on stubhub already..

FFS

Ha I see tickets for Vikings/Saints on stubhub that are very similar to my category 6 location costing a nice £549 each!

NFL UK don't give one toss once the tickets are bought whether it's by fans or scalpers or bots, must be the first time for a large sporting event that 100% of compliant fans who followed exact instructions for virtual queues missed out on tickets, that conflicts with their objective to grow the sport in the UK and in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I presume nobody here got lucky and picked up tickets for the Bucs game in Munich. There were 25,000 people ahead of me in the queue.

Tickets on resale sites for a minimum of €600 which is nuts

Didn't they say there ended up being queue of like 3 million people. Crazy demand for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Poyndexter

Anyone heading over to London for the games? Was lucky enough to get two tickets to the Packers - Giants game and can't wait to see the Packers in the flesh for the first time ever.

Are there any events planned before or after the game? I think a few years ago there used to be something on Regents street the day before?

Also Tottenham Hotspur stadium have a very strict bag policy. Is there a bag drop in place? We will have one bag between us and will have to go straight to Stansted airport for our flight home at 10.

Still have flights and accommodation booked for the Packers Giants game and no ticket. If anyone hears of anything going I'd be grateful. Anything at all would be greatly appreciated although I know this is very unlikely but I have to ask!

Heading over myself also. If I hear of a spare ticket I'll let you know. Have you tried the Facebook page? It's a long shot on there but as it gets closer people will have to pull out and some might become available. Also keep out for some returns from the states. It's not looking likely with a lot of packers fans travelling from there but you never know.

Haven't heard of any official events but 5 star memorabilia are doing a night in London on the Saturday. There was a tailgate for sale on the day of the game but it sold out straight away.

You'd think with the Packers finally coming over they would have something lined up.

You're a gent. Thanks. What Facebook page is that? I searched Packers Ireland and couldn't see much!

I've consigned myself to going alone so would definitely head to a party or meetup if there was one!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nflfansukbuyandsell/?ref=share

That's the page for tickets.

Usually two pubs are picked as the home and away pubs for the games. One for Packers fans and one for Giants fans. Probably get a good group in one of those that couldn't get tickets.

Thanks for your help Jof and keep me in mind if you hear of anything floating around! Pints will be on me if I manage to secure a golden ticket! I got accepted into that group and see that limited tickets went on sale on Ticketmaster yesterday evening but I missed it. Need to keep checking!

Anyone who is going to these London games needs to be aware there is likely to be all sorts of rail strikes going on in October that could affect your travels around London on these NFL game weekends

So far there are strikes planned for Saturday October 1st but books like Sunday October 2nd should be ok for getting trains to Saints/Vikings game though be aware that the London Marathon is on that same day aswell so the city and trains will be busier than normal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11219203/Rail-strikes-return-Train-drivers-12-companies-walk-October-1-5-pay-dispute.html

https://www.stanstedexpress.com/travel-information/rail-strike-advice/

Also tickets popping up on the Facebook page I posted above daily at this stage. Worth keeping a close eye if going.

Not too familiar with the train system over. Would this have a knock on effect to tube also or is just the bigger train journeys?

Lads I've managed to pick up one ticket for the Packers-Giants game. I had 2 or 3 people on the case constantly checking that Facebook page and managed to snag one. I'm absolutely buzzing now. I paid cost price for it and got it off the official resale portal. Keep at it if you are still on the look for one.

I would never recommend using Stu**ub but I have noticed the touts are even reducing the prices of those tickets too.

• Advertisement

Saturday 1st and 8th will be a complete mess as trains into London and London overground trains will be severely affected by strike actions with only very limited numbers of trains running. The strikes are not affecting the tube directly but you can expect knock on impacts on the tube with increased demand, delays and the London Marathon. There will still be some early trains not running on Sunday morning of 2nd and 9th but everything should be operationally back to normal Sunday service at latest by midday before the 2.30pm kick-offs

Advertisement