Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camping in Cork

Options
  • 19-08-2022 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I thinking about going camping with my 7 year old. Living in Cork City. Going to buy a tent and accessories this weekend. Are the cheap ones any good? Saw a 3 man one for around €70. I'm sure it would do the job fine but I guess you get what you pay for.

Any recommendations on locations? I think campsites would be the safest. Never been to one TBH.

But I also wouldn't mind somewhere in the wilderness. I know he'd love if we made a 'controlled' campfire and did some cooking on it. But I guess these days campfires are probably frowned upon and something like a gas stove or disposable BBQ are more favoured.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Can't make any comment on the tents, but campsites are probably the best way of starting, with access to toilets, showers and cooking facilities. Once you get the hang of things, wild camping becomes a lot easier.

Curraghchase in Limerick, between Adare and Askeaton might be a good place to start. Its right at the edge of the forest park, has all the facilities and a kids playground plus some great walks through the woods. They used to permit the making of campfires but I don't know if they still do.

https://www.curraghchasecaravanpark.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 29 millsy

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep it in mind if I'm ever up that direction. For now I'd prefer something more local in Cork.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Probably too late for this summer - but Eagle Point in Ballylickey is very nice. And yes, camp fires are an absolute no-no in the vast majority of campsites. They'd be afraid a tent / gas bottle would catch fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carolinesmith

Hi, You can check Eagle Point Camping. I'm exploring different campsites in different country, this year we will go here: Viewscape Nature's Park it's located in the Philippines.

Advertisement