Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is Wildlands A: any good, and B: playable solo? Haven't played a Tom Clancy game since the early PS2 ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I upgraded to Premium so I could play Red Dead Redemption. The streaming was mostly fine, but the game did slow down and freeze sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Plug your Playstation directly into the modem where possible with an ethernet cable.

I never really have issues with streaming, long as that's the case. If I'm in work and I try to stream on Wi-Fi with the phone or something, it usually sucks!

My Playstation is in a different room from the modem so the ethernet cable is out. I'll come up with a solution sometime.

• Advertisement

Yeah, maybe something like a powerline ethernet extender will do the trick for you 🙂

Just my own thoughts anyway, as I feel the 2 experiences are worlds apart, wired vs Wi-Fi 👍

+1 for Powerlines. I get ping and latency issues sometimes on Rocket League on WiFi but never an issue with the Homeplugs. Got the TP Link ones, the 150Mbps, for around €40, think the Gb ones are near €10 or something. A bit more for each if you want them to be a WiFi range extender too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,271 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Another +1 for powerline adapters, I find the Wi-Fi to be worse on PS5 than PS4 for online gaming. No lag with Ethernet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Another +1 to powerline adapters. I've my driving rig and PS4 running off WiFi, and the ping/lag made anything competitive impossible, powerline adapter sorted that out sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah the tplink plugs are the business. I've everything cabled that I can cable. Massive improvement on PS5, PC, android box and TV. Haven't streamed gaming yet but have an IPTV sub I'm gona try today on my TV.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah the powerline adapters are great. And can get passthrough ones so you don't lose the sockets.

So I found a box for powerline adapters I bought back in 2020 for smart lighting. I have one adapter, but the other one is missing. Maybe it grew a pair of legs and walked out the door.

Actually, anyone here got a WiFi6 router and notice any improvement?

Gave up on Yakuza, after about 20 minutes I just wasn't feeling it. More and more games are making character interactions better, so it's kinda jarring to go back to a game which has those silences between lines.

Always the case, something always goes missing 😁

• Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's ok. Super repetitive, basically doing the same thing over and over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PS Pluss Extra games now live. Does anyone have just ps plus essential and can check something? I'm trying to figure out if when you are upgrading to Extra, is there a discount price depending on how many months of essential you have left or how does it look?

My plus premium is up this week, trying to decide whether to go essential or extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Jacovs

This is how it looks for me, I have Essential only.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah I just have essential and if you try to upgrade it's based on how long you have left in the current subscription. So mine is currently up until May 2023 or something, and I'd pay for 9 months of 'Extra' if I upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

If I was on holiday in Turkey, can I buy PlayStation premium over there and use it on my PlayStation back in Ireland or is that all stopped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PSN credit and subs are tied to region of account. If you bought playstation plus premium in Turkey, it would not work on your Irish Account.

Ah, fair enough. That, and the fact you control an AI team who aren't always the best... think I'll give it a pass. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭Damien360

Tried it last night for about 3 hours. All the missions were miles apart. Drive for ages to get to mission, your team are muck, controls are iffy to say the least. Deleted it soon after. The load screen alone annoyed me. Big Ubisoft banner top right telling you various things you “won” before it even started.

• Administrators Posts: 53,415 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's your standard Ubisoft game.

Make a big open world and put lots of filler in it. The open world lets you do the areas in whatever order you choose, which sounds impressive but it's not really since the actual game mechanic of every area is exactly the same, all that changes is the topography.

Do a few missions, kill a boss. Drive a lot. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe I will get an answer here faster than from Sony.

If you move from Ireland to a different country, whats your options?

Quit your irish PS Plus sub, lose all the games, and start a new account in the new location and start from scratch?

Or can you change the mobile number on your irish account to a mobile number in the new country? And top up your Irish PS Plus sub via paypal using a bank account from the new country?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You can't change regions so you'd need to quit your Irish sub and set up a brand new account.

Very pain in the arse. Suddenly lose 120+ games from your library.

Do they not allow changing your mobile number to a non-irish number either? Only other option is to remove 2FA completely so the mobile number isnt a problem anymore.

Then top up via paypal.

Edit: they do allow change of phone number, so I did that now. Deactivate 2FA, add new number from different country, remove old irish number, activate 2FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You might not be able to pay via PayPal, but voucher codes will still work. You can keep your Irish account for playing all your games and your subscription, but it might be easier to also set up an account in your new region for game purchases.

Many users here have PSN accounts in multiple regions to avail of cheaper games. I have a Singapore and a US account in addition to my Irish one to get cheaper games and ones exclusive to SEA in English.

Thanks. And no, cant do paypal it seems. PSN wont let you add a card from a different country than your psn account, same for a paypal account from a different region. And cant add a card from new country to Irish paypal account either.

And if i remember correctly most places that sell irish voucher codes rarely have them in stock?

That leaves us with asking family in Ireland to buy a physical voucher in Smyths for example. But werent they all removed from stores too before the new PS+ was rolled out recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

All the places that have discounted Irish vouchers have been out of stock for a long time, you can still get digital codes from Smyths or GameStop. The PS+ subscription cards have been replaced with 3 new monetary value cards at €60, €100 and €120

Advertisement