Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports fantasy football 22/23

Options
  • 06-07-2022 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

Game launching on Friday. This season will see just 1 overhaul during the break for the World Cup - and 50 season transfers instead of the usual 40. Player prices leaked early you can check them out here https://twitter.com/dbright_14/status/1544721521674944513 - Salah 11.7 and Son 11.4 both now midfielders. KDB 11.3. Kane 11.6, Haaland 11.5. Cancelo most expensive defender at 11.0 😮

Mod edit:

Boards league code: 8476352

Post edited by F1ngers on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I dont like Son and Salah as mids, the rest sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Haven't looked at it yet but I don't mind Salah and Son as midfielders. It means we will have a lot more variance in teams, at least in midfield and attack anyway and if KDB and Bruno start off well we won't be able to have everyone. I kept an eye on twitter last season for a change and there was a lot of moaning about template teams, particularly from the "experts". No excuses this season.

Think they have made the game easier with 50 transfers and 1 overhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Had a go at drafting a team. Currently looking at

Henderson

Cancelo TAA T.Silva Romero

Salah Son Billing Yates

Jesus Wilson

Formation wise I’ll probably stick with the 4-4-2 to start just for the flexibility if I need to hop on another forward.

Happy with Son and Salah in midfield. I think Billing is good value. Not sure on Yates-he’s just there for the moment as a placeholder.

Jesus and Wilson also good value up front I think. Will see how Jesus gets on at Arsenal.

I think sky have priced the players quite well this season. Not that easy to fit a lot of the big hitters in, quite a few decisions to be made at the back.

Think I am going to stick to what I normally do and veer between 4-4-2 and 5-3-2 if possible. I didn't have much luck with my midfielders in the 2nd half of last season, I can see it being with the strikers this season now Son and Salah are midfielders. Think I will be putting in Haaland anyway at the start as his ownership is already through the roof!

The Boards League pin is 8476352 for any new people wanting to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Whoop whoop 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sorry yep i'd intended to post that 😄

What are our thoughts thus far? A little bit harder to pick a team this season i think. But i think they've done a pretty good job of the pricing. More of a decision to be made between premium defenders and premium attackers this time round. Not sure what to make of them ditching the 3 bonus points for motm. I think they could have just changed it to be less controversial! Though now that it's gone it benefits defenders over attackers more since attackers would have been awarded motm more often.

I would rather they had kept MOTM to be honest. It's just that some of the awards last season were ridiculous. Pope seemed to get one every match!

As it stands I have 2 premium defenders and I can switch between 2 premium midfielders/attackers. I imagine everyone will end up with 4 in the end.

Hopefully we get a Covid free season. I think that has been a contributor to the template situation we got last season. We ended up with so many matches rearranged, we were kind of forced to get players in for matches we wouldn't normally had to cover single captaincy days. And we all seemed to go for the same player most of the time!

Yea I haven't enjoyed any of the fantasy games during Covid due to the messy fixture list. It will be nice to have a normal season again.

Zinchenko to Arsenal seems to be a done deal. Bargain at 8m assuming he's a regular. We'll have lineups Vs Palace before we finalize our teams at least.

• Advertisement

Don't forget to join the Boards league whoever wants to - you can enter both your teams ✌️

Which enablers are you on? I have gibbs-white in at the moment at 6.6

Also considering dasilva and yates as other options

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Where's the code?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm only picking my team now but struggling a bit. Is there any good bargains other than Gibbs White? I don't even know who Yates and dasilva are as I haven't been following much football since end of the season.

He's my cheap enabler midfielder starting out. Him or Palhinha (probably good for tackles bonus) are the 2 most talked about by the Twitter Sky FF community. It's doubtful whether Gibbs-White will be in my team long-term, but hopefully he can pick up some points early doors anyway. Seems worth a shot as someone who's played as part of a front 3 preseason and with Wolves pretty good opening fixtures.

Trying very hard not to follow what the herd are doing. I think I have my team worked out and a plan of action. A lot more freedom to make transfers this season early doors since a) I doubt we will have the Covid cancellations we had last season and b) 10 extra transfers. 10 extra transfers is a lot better than a 2nd overhaul. I plan on being very proactive with transfers this season.

I'll be covered for captaincies up to but not including the Leicester - Man U game. Not really thinking about making many transfers initially, but of course that may change. Looking forward to it starting now hopefully there's no surprises with team news.

I think this season I will try to avoid covering captaincies for the sake of it. We will know nearer the time obviously but anything could happen in that Leicester-United match. And it's not as if either team have great matches on the Sunday after it.

I am looking forward to the season too now, nice to have a break after last season. It dragged on a bit!

Original plan was to stick with one of Kane/Son instead of Haaland for the first few gameweeks (have Cancelo) but with the extra transfers this season I thinks it’s worthwhile going with the Kane-Haaland switchers for the first month.

For me it’s more the fear of getting left behind if both Kane and Haaland bang on their respective game days

• Advertisement

What's our thoughts on Saliba? Super tempting at 7.4 - he's looked good in pre-season but i wonder how nailed he'll be with Tierney and Tomiyasu back

Yeah I think I’m avoiding him despite his apparent good value. I’m just sticking with guaranteed regular starters

I'm definitely not following the herd as I haven't seen one team yet on twitter. I also have 2 Irish lads in my team so I know I'm screwed :-)

I've done Bazunu, Collins, Sancho, Guimares to Ward, Saliba, Son and Saint-Max so it looks better now with Son as captain on day 2.

I’m in the not convinced camp on Ward for the sky game. No guarantee he will still be first choice GK when you need him for the single match game day v United.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

For any newcomers,pick a captain for Fri, Sat,+,Sun,it usually makes a big difference to have every match day covered

Be careful with Ward in case Leicester sign another goalkeeper. Great price though!

That is my plan too. We have a bit more flexibility to do 4 for 2's and 3 for 1's this season. I would have loved another 10 transfers last season rather than the overhaul. Worth nothing that City have a 2 for 0 over Liverpool aswell at the start.

• Advertisement

Good start for my 2nd team on 93 points, up there with the usual suspects. Great start from Hackers on 114.

Advertisement