Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Sports fantasy football 22/23

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Not sure what I am doing with that yet. Eriksen is worth a shout I think. Despite United being terrible he has got bonuses so far. Will take out Andersen for him. Had a very good day today. Undecided what I am doing with Kane and Haaland tomorrow. Might just put Haaland back in anyway.

Post edited by claw on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Definitely worth considering skipping the United Leicester game. Can’t see anyone worth holding long term. I’ve just got Ndidi in because he’s cheap and always good for playing most games

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Now considering doing Dier and Romero to Cucurella and Jorginho tomorrow. Would give me Chelsea defensive coverage and Jorginho looks a decent bet in the short term with Kanté injured and their favourable fixtures (could shift Jorginho to someone like Johnson ahead of Forest's 2 captain days then maybe get a Spurs defender back in after that).

Thoughts?? A Chelsea defender looks like a must now. Jorginho more of a punt (Aké is tempting but I'm not all that confident how many starts he'll get in upcoming games with Stones available and Laporte probably back in a few weeks)

Open to suggestions. Could always make no moves, but I'm getting itchy transfer finger with none used so far.

I couldn't afford a Chelsea defender for Romero, I would have had to downgrade someone I didn't want to lose. Is Cucurella nailed? Would you not be worried about rotation with Chilwell? I could have put in Ake but I know at some point he will be rested or dropped. Stones will have to play at some point I'd reckon.

Don't be afraid to make transfers. If you have made none so far, you have 50 left with just over 35 sets of matches to be played. We get an overhaul to have our teams ready for Christmas so that saves more transfers. I doubt we will have that many matches called off with Covid this season and from what I remember from last season most of the matches called off were in December. We won't have that problem this season because of the World Cup. If you see a way to improve your team or get an edge go for it!

I am considering that. It would be Eriksen I think if I have a player for that match. He's a great price. I think the Romero position in my team is one of the ones I would be rotating with along with the Haaland/Kane one.

• Advertisement

I don't think they paid that much for Cucurella to have him spending very much time on the bench. He'll play either LWB or LCB in most games. He was very impressive Vs Spurs. Now thinking of getting Gross rather than Jorginho. 7.5m seems a really nice price, he's looking dangerous, on some set pieces (and probably on pens with Maupay out of favour) and Brighton's fixtures are nice. He also covers a single captain day, though that's some way down the line.

Gross is not a bad shout. Handy to have him on the Tuesday midweek too.

I can't afford Cucurella with the way my team is so I have to hide behind the couch when Chelsea play 😀

Went a bit nuts. 4 transfers. KDB, Gross, Rodrigo, Cucurella in. Dier, Romero, Kane, Gibbs-White out.

Who do you have playing next Sunday? I took out Kane for Haaland again. I still have Dier.

Currently no one. May do Salah to Kane. Alisson to Lloris or Zinchenko to Romero (if he's back) are other options. Will think on it.

• Advertisement

I think you did alright with your transfers today overall! Thank God I captained Haaland!

Slim pickings for points. Not having Haaland and captaining Cancelo has resulted in a sizeable rank drop.

Tougher going this season compared to last year!

It's a lot harder, the big teams are unreliable and there are a lot of cheaper players that are performing. The 3 results today were a big surprise, although apparently West Ham have never beaten Brighton in the Premier League. Some stat that.

Yeah I’m on Dunk-he’s not getting the passing like he used to but seems solid for clean sheets. Tempted to move him on to Saliba at the end of the month but perhaps that’s a bit kneejerk

Think I should have put in Dunk instead of Andersen. Rodrigo has to be a good shout at his price point now. Fixtures are not bad the next while.

I have Saliba from the start because of his price. Hopefully he has the position nailed now because I can just leave him there then.

Yeah I did alright. I think it was a net 31 point gain when factoring in captaining newly owned KDB instead of Cancelo. I think my team is well set up now with the exception of Sterling who has been a big fail - I reckon I'll give him another 2 games to prove himself!

Yeah it looks like Wilson may be out for a bit with his hamstring so I’m now considering two options:

1. Straight forward switch to Rodrigo
    2. Downgrade to Paulinha and move TAA to Haaland

Option 2 would avoid the Kane-Haaland switches later on in the season

If you do option 2, you have Kane and Haaland for both the weekend and the midweek which would be good. Best captain on Sunday and next Wednesday in theory. I have Paulinha in one of my teams and he seems to be a good enabler. Liverpool don't seem to be able to keep clean sheets and TAA wasn't really near passing yesterday. Of course he could haul in the two home matches coming up but you can't have everyone.

Yeah there is no fixture gain with option 2 but it feels like a better long term move (until Liverpool start keeping cleansheets anyway!)

Hope you hung onto Sterling! Have to decide today if I put Kane in for Haaland. Still have Dier to cover Kane if I don't put him in. All the goals going in yesterday for Haaland (and none for Salah!) means I don't know what to expect!

• Advertisement

Yeah I got Sterling's points thankfully - needed them since I don't have Haaland! Did you get Kane in the end? I moved Salah to him, with the plan to move Sterling to Diaz tomorrow to have that Liverpool attacking coverage. Still have KDB. Could really do with him not getting destroyed by Haaland again.

I went back to Kane in one team, the one that is doing better! I think the way it's going I want Haaland, Salah and Kane so I am going to have to fiddle around with the team and then leave it for a while. Too afraid not to have Salah in case he explodes.

Sterling handy to have tonight!

Kane back to Haaland last night. Into the top 1000 at 913, too many transfers used though so far. Hokey cokey needs to stop!

Good going. I’m off to a slow start-currently at 20k. Had a few injuries and only got Haaland back in last night. Early days though. If I can get near the top 1k by the overhaul I’ll be happy enough

I think anyone that brought in Rodrigo or have had Chelsea defenders haven't had much luck with things. Who did you take out for Haaland? I took out Kane. Gambling a bit that Spurs won't do that much the next while.

I don't have anyone tonight. I didn't like tonight's match when the fixtures came out originally and I still don't. Apart from Casemiro I can't see anyone I can bring in. I would be taking out Andersen so not a lot to spend.

I took out TAA for Haaland so only have Salah now left from Liverpool. Yeah I’m on Ndidi for tonight so I’ll just be happy if gets a start-I think 4 points (doubled) is the max I can hope for there.

Id probably be skipping tonight if I didn’t have anyone. Salah to Bruno could possibly be an interesting move for those that have a high risk tolerance though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No cover for tonight either.

Who is on penalties for United these days?

Bruno is the only player I'm half considering at the moment.

I wasn't that impressed with Andersen off Palace on Tuesday. Palace got more negative as the match went on against Brentford and his passing got very erratic because of it. Not sure I would be happy hanging onto him with the matches they have coming up. That's why I am looking for a cheap player tonight. Leicester have a 3 for 1 on Palace but I am not sure about their players at the moment.

Bruno I guess. Ronaldo on the bench though if they get one and he comes on.

• Advertisement

Did you go for Ndidi in the end? I managed a 4k rank rise from him alone last night. Ranks still very tight (where I am at least!)

Advertisement