Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport signage for incoming UK passengers

Options
  • 05-08-2022 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭

Have Dublin Airport updated their signage to inform incoming UK passport holders that they should use the EU queue at passport control?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Yeah, they did it during the lockdowns, early 2021, forget exactly when but I saw it pretty early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Its there in T2 alright, don't remember it being there in 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

a red sign to note to UK CTA travellers to use the "EU Immigration" was added to signage in T1 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

All flights go through passport control. We don't have dedicated arrival areas to bypass passport control.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

"All flights go through passport control" <- this is not correct. It was, up until, recently. Kerry and Donegal flights are bypassing it now, I saw an article on it.

Found the article https://flyinginireland.com/2022/06/kerry-airport-welcomes-passenger-transfer-facility-at-dublin/

Actually I might be wrong, that still looks like they have to go through "passport control" but can now pop upstairs at the other end of the t1 bag hall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They aren't. Passengers are being allowed use the connections corridor for self-connections; but those leaving at Dublin need to go through passport control.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

If Dublin were a half functioning airport all Kerry and Donegal flights would be bussed past passport control, just like CTA arrivals at UK airports.

Its absolutely daft that arrivals from Kerry have to go through passport control and all the delays that can involve. I mean c'mon. Is there any reason why they cant, apart from not being arsed?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Astral Nav

It is a half functioning airport at most. Read all the infrastructure threads. According to last week's Irish Times the minister for transport has had to contact the DAA to ask why the toilets are not being cleaned. In any decent company the CEO and senior managers would be sacked long ago

Advertisement