Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas cooker not working

Options
  • 21-07-2022 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I posted this in heating and plumbing and got no response, thought I should try it here.

Hi there, we have a Rangemaster Classic 90 FSD cooker and it has worked well for years. However we used the electric fan oven the other day for pizza, and after having been on for a while it suddenly cut out. There was a smell of what I would call electric burning before it went off. It did not blow a trip switch and there is no fuse that I can find with it. It is wired into a dedicated power switch, which does not have a fuse either. Now nothing works on it, there is no power and therefore the gas rings will not light.

I tried turning off the switch for an hour and turning it on again, but nothing. Any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

You will need an appliance engineer or an electrician to see where the break in the supply is , most likely the fan oven element or motor shorted and blew a fuse. The first thing to establish is there power getting to the appliance, otherwise it is within the range and the break in supply will have to be traced

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

Hi Red Ace

I have not responded till now as I was waiting for a part which I received today. I replaced the thermal cutout on the fan oven and left the power off for an hour, but when I switched on again, nothing. There is power getting to the appliance and as far as the thermal cutout. I am hoping it is not the damn motherboard as they are expensive. I already got stung by customs for the cutout which ended up costing 70 E. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭mikewest

Have you confirmed with a meter where the power is getting to?

Is the replacement fuse good? Not unheard of to get a faulty one.

I don't know Rangemasters but with Bellings the oven won't work until you reset the clock after a power cut. Could it be something on these lines.

Try Charlie Shiels in Inchicore for parts in Ireland. No Brexit fees and generally cheaper than big advertisers on internet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Before you waste any more cash suspecting faulty parts google Google rangemaster 90fsd circuit diagram and if you are able to follow you should have no problem finding the break, it is a simple circuit if you can read it otherwise get a sparks or engineer in, I can’t see any pcb in that diagram

Advertisement