Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yep, this is how it should be. Actually the OP on the speakev thread I quoted earlier has posted an update saying that VW is going to replace the battery. I hope I will get the same treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭jogdish

Nope, just back - asked and was told the 12v was changed (not that I would know), checked the software as per 'Battery Life''s youtube video, mine says 2.3 but 0912.

Guess all worked fine, when I got home seen there was a software update, I took it - something about wecharge filters etc, did it in a few sec. Guess wait for 3.0 now. Personally apart from the battery percentage I don't think 3.0 has anything for me (I dont have area view or lateral sensors). The winter short journey and scheduled charging is more interesting. Unless im missing some super cool feature of 3.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,949 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hopefully it's sorted quickly for you. What has your dealer said?

I hope so too:) They need to run the SOH test and send results to Germany and they'll decide what to do. Dealer is short of thinking that I'm making this up.

Actually I don't know if anyone have noticed by the recent OTA fixed the issue with Android auto not displaying the route guidance on the drivers display (only the distance). It used to happened to me on the road between Bloomfield and dunkettle. At least some bug fixes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi

I was booked in this morning. Called yesterday to check but update cancelled as batteries did not arrive. They will advise when batteries back in stock. I was hoping to get his ID4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭rx8

Mine went in this morning and at the moment the App is showing 0km range and 0% charge. It was charged to 80 % last night. I was told that it could take most of the day... I told them that the loaner wouldn't be going back to them until tomorrow morning at the earliest anyway as I'm working until 9pm. They gave me a tank... (A VW Caddy), it's horrible to drive but at least it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Anyone who has had 2.4 installed, did the navigation also get updated?

I think the latest version is 22.6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

I called them about my update last week and like you they told me they had issues with the update and were waiting on a fix from VW

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

It didn't occur to me to ring them since I had the appointment. I assumed (foolishly) that they'd ring me if they were unable to do the work. Really not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

Customer communication really isn't their strong point - based on my experience at least! I find the same with VW in general compared with other car brands (and their dealers).

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I have my ID4 booked in Joe Duffy Swords. It was booked for this week and they had to push it out as the technician was out sick, but they sounded confident that it would take a day and no issue with re booking a date in 2 weeks.

FYI I’ve used both Joe Duffy Dublin North (Finglas) and Swords for services, and Swords is much better from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Currently on day 3 of our 2.4 update. Car has been in since Tuesday with the dealer. Apparently the update comes in 4 parts for them and parts 1-2-3 installed correctly part 4 is causing problems and they are currently trying to resolve. Software and updates don't seem to be a VW strong point. Hopefully we will get the car back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

Hey folks, just wanted to get peoples views on the market value on my 202 base 1st for insurance. 28k km on clock. See a couple on done deal at ~37-39k. But finding it a bit confusing with grants etc.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭fafy

Its some dose with the ID3, repeated software update issues, battery swap outs, phone calls, emails, dealer visits, and thats over almost 2 years, since its been out. And at least a year of issues, Is it becoming a pain ?

i understand some teething problems are inevitable and understandable, but this series of issues, seem to be dragging on for quite a lengthy period

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

No, navigation not touched during the v2.4 update.

Mine went in on Tue too. Got it back today so into the 3rd day. And VW Germany have it down as an 8hr job apparently!

I think it is partly down to the speed of the internet at the dealer. If they have a poor connection it takes an age. I don't know why VW don't allow them to download once to memory stick and then update the car directly from the memory stick. Maybe a security concern or something.

Its not that big a deal. Any of the 1st edition owners knew when purchasing that the s/w was only beta and I don't know about everyone else but I had to sign a document to say that I understood that before they'd hand me the keys.

I have the car nearly 2yrs and apart from one or two glitches in the first few months the car has not let me down. Drove it the length of France a few weeks ago. Not a bother.

The promise from VW now is that with this v2.4 update the rest of the updates will be OTA (although they did say that before!).

The biggest gripe outstanding for me is that the in-car charging timers don't yet work. v3.0, which is due in the next few weeks, is supposed to fix that. If they get that right the software issues are fully resolved in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭fafy

Fair enough.

i always use the charger timer from smart home charger(Anderson A2), so i would not have thought the scheduled incar charger timer was an issue, but may impact other items i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

I disagree - for people still to be experiencing issues almost 2 years down the line is unacceptable. Appreciate that not every 1st owner has had issues but there is a sizable proportion that did and there are several examples (in the UK anyway) where people had their money refunded, although admittedly that was within a few months of taking delivery of the respective vehicle. Indeed I believe there is a post on Facebook on the Irish EV Owners Association as well.

I cannot recall having to sign a document acknowledging that the software was in beta.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

I cannot recall having to sign a document acknowledging that the software was in beta.

It didn't say "beta" but something along the lines of the software not being complete and some issues were to be expected.

I disagree - for people still to be experiencing issues almost 2 years down the line is unacceptable.

Fair enough. I doubt that's a sizeable proportion though and you will always have faulty cars in a new model (regardless of BEV or not). Just look at the other threads for any new car... Toyota have wheels falling off, BMW i4 in the dealer for months, Hyundai Kona recalled every car to replace faulty batteries etc.

@Rusky rusky is having an issue with his ID.3 battery and everyone knows that timed charging is broken but other than that I don't hear/read/see alot of serious issues or breakdowns.

Most people on this thread appear relatively happy with their cars as far as I can see. A few examples here and there but nothing disastrous. The ID.3 is a relatively solid, reliable car.

People complain about various quirks of the infotainment they don't like but that's just opinion rather than a serious issue that leaves you at the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭fits

I wonder did @mad_Lad get his updated at dealer yet. Haven’t booked mine in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,259 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Done and dusted. Mostly good news.

Update finished, I was their first attempt so while they were surprised that it took 3 days instead of 3 hours, I wasn't.

Puddle lights and headlight changed.

New tyres, and I got Continental EcoContact 6 which seem to be a decent tyre. I had insisted on something other than Bridgestones. Was expecting Goodyear, but the Continentals are fine by me.

The bad news is that whilst they proudly claimed that they had resolved the glove box rattle, and even explained to me that it was a cable connecting with the interior of the dash... Its still fecking there. 😡

Post edited by DrPhilG on

So I have my 2.4 update, so tried to do timed charging. As a test I did the following:

Car is at 65%, today Friday. I went into charging ->location and set up a once off to charge to 70% on Friday for a departure at 21:30. I did this at 6pm, not repeate just once. Plugged the cable in, and it didnt charge immediatly, fine, and my app says waiting for departure time. I waited and nothing, went out into the car and checked that charging routine, and its gone - literally just not there.

Two questions, have I done something wrong, does timed chraging still not work in 2.4?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,259 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It's not changed in 2.4

I haven't actually seen anything concrete that it's in 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus for an electric car you would think that would have been available from launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭rx8

Got mine back yesterday morning.. could have had it Thursday, but I told them that 11am was the cut off as I wouldn't have time to collect it after that, before going to work. Sure enough 11.30 I get a call to say that it's good to go. I like the new addition to the drivers screen when you swipe left. Haven't had a chance to look at any other changes but it definitely seems to be more responsive. (Could be my imagination though after 2 days in the loaner).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Anyone wire a timer on the feed to the wall charger to get around the lack of timing on the ID3 and the Zappi

Looks like a 40 amp contacter and a 5 amp time clock would do it?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

It's booked in for the 19th, not looking forward to seeing what yoke they give me to drive for the day.

Advertisement