Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox WhatsApp Group

Options
  • 29-07-2022 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Anybody up for starting a WhatsApp group to arrange some games? I'm posting in XBox section because that way we have more options to play together and there's a good chance people use Game Pass. I got the XSX last year, I play 3-4 evenings a week (weekends the odd time). Been binge-ing Fall Guys recently... I dunno, it just has a very satisfying progression system. And its so accesible, I play on my Switch too. Cross progression is next level sh**! Completed the Battle Pass and all haha!

Anyway, the reason I'm choosing WhatsApp and not something like Discord is because I never miss anything on WhatsApp, I have it on my work laptop (love Desktop version) and you would get a quicker response from somebody if organising some games. I know we're all probably in a stupid amount of WhatsApp groups already too so we'll keep it Meme free (unless that's what you want).

What do you guys think? Would you be interested in joining to get together for some fun multiplayer stuff? I'm 32 now, and gave up on grinding games properly. But I can help grind if that's what you want LOL! Or maybe you guys are part of an Irish group already that maybe I could join? I'll play anything (But FIFA)! I like FPS, BR, Racing, Banter games such as Gang Beasts, Fall Guys, It Takes Two...etc

What inspired this idea? I played last night with two friends because I randomly saw them on Fall Guys and I ended up screaming the house down for 2 hours late last night and it was just hilarious. But these are my favorite gaming moments. With people. Laughing. And I want people to be direct and honest in the group. Like just say no if you're not up for a game tonight, no need for an excuse. Lastly, I started a 5 a side group a year ago for my housing estate and that's been a big success, we play every week and we go for pints every so often. It's such a buzz setting something up and getting people together!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

I don't get on often anymore and most of my real life friends have moved PS direction so I'm definiitely up for getting some people to play online with. Have Gamepass too.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

Maybe set up a Discord for it,a lot of people dont want to be handing out their phone number to strangers

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭i124Q

Sweet, we have 2 so far 😄

Yeah, a fair point. I have Discord and all that, but imo that's a PC Gamer thing. I was a PC gamer, and then I grew up 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

I used to think Discord was a PC thing too but i used to be in a couple of console only servers,Discord integration coming to xbox soon makes it a lot more viable for us console plebs too 🤣

Ooh brilliant, that will be huge for us plebs. We might actually have friends then 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I'm up for Whatsapp or Discord

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I'd throw my name in for a discord group. Can't guarantee when I'd be on but happy to try join any games with a bit of notice

Right, thinking about this some more. Maybe Discord makes more sense and more people would join. Handing over your phone number to a stranger probably isn't the best way to convince somebody.

I have a Discord community from when I used to Stream But that's full of shite so I'll setup a Fresh One called BoardsGamers. Will paste link soon.

Right guys it's up! https://discord.gg/7bXqZ5CZyg

Join away. Throw in what you're playing at the moment. What games you'd like company with. For me I really want to play It Takes Two. See you guys in there :)

Advertisement