Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clawback reduction affordable housing

Options
  • 18-12-2020 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Has anyone sold an affordable housing property after 10 years? Did you get a clawback % reduction? What council were you with?

I’m trying to sell my affordable apartment that I bought in 2008. I expected a 20% clawback reduction for the 2 years I’ve lived there over 10 years. We are selling above the original purchase price, but below the original market value. DLRCC there is no clawback reduction.

Anyone else any experience of this? I see from an older thread here that someone with DCC did get a 10% reduction after 11 years. Would really appreciate any details of recent experience with any council.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wookie18

Saltseller wrote: »
    Has anyone sold an affordable housing property after 10 years? Did you get a clawback % reduction? What council were you with?

I’m trying to sell my affordable apartment that I bought in 2008. I expected a 20% clawback reduction for the 2 years I’ve lived there over 10 years. We are selling above the original purchase price, but below the original market value. DLRCC there is no clawback reduction.

Anyone else any experience of this? I see from an older thread here that someone with DCC did get a 10% reduction after 11 years. Would really appreciate any details of recent experience with any council.

I'm in the same position.... How to you get on with dlrcc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭billyhead

I'd also be interested in an answer to this query if anyone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Louise AC

Hi I'm just wondering if you sold your house after and what way it worked out please

Advertisement