Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moonhaven - US Pace - AMC+ (***Spoilers***)

• 13-05-2022 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭

AMC's all star cast summer sci-fi utopian drama starts July 7th with a double episode.

Starring Emma McDonald, Dominic Monaghan, Amara Karan, Ayelet Zurer, Joe Manganiello, Kadeem Hardison, and Yazzmin Newell. 

Moonhaven takes place 100 years in the future where a utopian community has been built on the moon. The community has managed to grow life there in hope of finding a way to solve the problems on Earth that are sending the human race towards their end. The series will follow McDonald’s character, a smuggler, who finds herself marooned on “Moonhaven” and gets wrapped up in a conspiracy to destroy the community.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Looks Saturday Morning-ish maybe.. from just a teaser 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 60,266 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh i dunno.. feels like it's taking itself awful seriously

1: Well. I don't know what to make of this show. Mystery science fiction.. with some thriller mixed in too.

I'm definitely interested in this new world/universe/tech it's building up. Some feels new, some I'd have seen before.

At one point I was like.. Oh this reminds me of The OA.. but without the violence... but nevermind.. this reminds me of The OA will do now 😁

A very intro, very uptopian/pacifistic opening until things start going off-track.

So for now, I'm interested in more. Yeah just to see if it develops into something. The mysteryness might have done that.

Interested to see where the go with the cult side of this.

• Advertisement

2: Oooohh! Mystery deepens!

Well I'll hang around to find out where it does. It's keeping itself grounded in it's own world and doesn't feel like it's messin the audience around.

I did get a bit of a laugh when 🙂

She was surrounded in the woods, I was like "Aha! You're in for a dance and a song now!" 😁

Then her grim reaction when she found out she'd be having to stay on Moonhaven and I was like "Dances! Dances Everywhere!" 😁🤣

At this episode.. I had to look it up since the locations and people all looked a bit familiar

and well.. sure enough.. All Irish! 🙂

Filming Locations (2)

Dublin, Ireland

Ireland

From the imdb locations page:

Flimed in ireland amc seem to have a great connection to ireland with there shows.

I'm starting to think that. Maybe some sort of multi-show contract or something.

3: Moon-shattering revelations! Also, this show had me well lulled into chill and I jumped when

that random school dude blew up during the attack on earth. At first I thought he stood on a landmine or something.

The shattering revelations being the large number of people who took their marks.

Glad Joe Manganiello... er.. Tomm.. is getting the tree out of his eye.. that was creepin me out a bit. I'm kinda wanting to know what his deal is with the envoy now that some of her backstory has been shown.

Finally.. the little girl screaming ****! 😁 She kinda reminds me a bit like Leia from the Obi-Wan Kenobi show.. just more grown up and more Moonhaveny.

This show is such a different and quirky take on so much stuff and not in a hard/fast/actioney type way. I don't know how well it could be expected to do. I can't see it holding an audience but all involved seem to really give it their all.

4: The game is afoot! Indeed! 🙂

Well.. the second I saw the locker door was wide enough to hide someone .. I was like.. uh oh. Ya never know though.. Arlo might pull off a surprise.

I'm not sure if it's really Aliens going to be introduced. I have slowly been guessing the young girl in the tree with the shiny eyes.. maybe she's from some AI group. She reminds me of the AI in space above and beyond.

As for the screams at the end.. I assume the ships are landing and the bridge / first wave is gonna be forced .. or maybe another reset is happening since IO was ignored in the changing of the council leadership

I looked up Mada / Gnoc. Dubliner.. Helen Roche: https://castawayactors.com/female-actors/helen-roche/

• Advertisement

5: I was getting some big Delenn from Babylon 5 vibes off Maite in that episode.

I swear though, I jumped so bad when

the little girl/bot/alien/whatever shrieked and pulled Bella over the edge of that crater.

Maybe there could be aliens. Might see Maite back with them.

After that.. looks like there's gonna be a big ole bloody fight coming up

6: Well I found that twist unexpected. I'm assuming at the end..

that there definitely are some "others" and my two guesses are either AI or Aliens. Less likely to be Aliens I feel. I'm not sure why. It just doesn't feel like it would sit as well with the show. Though the show is a very unique take so I wouldn't be surprised if they had a good take on Aliens.

As for the Indira twist.. I wonder why. I don't think they've shown any solid connection to her betrayal of the project unless her friend in the school had something to do with it.

I thought Earth looked pretty worn out in the landing/boats scene. Looking forward to exploring that.

Oh wow.. look at that, it's got a second season:

Awe nuts! 6 was the season finale!

Yeah .. roll on season two! I wanna know the rest of the story.

Jeez 6 was very little! .. but maybe right for such a unique type of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Where do you people watch this. I only recently came across it. It is certainly a strangeshow. There is parts I like and parts I do not.

Only able to watch up to episode 3 do 😞 where I am watching it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Stremio

Ahhhh... yeah makes sense.. like business wise. Guessing it didn't pull an audience and would have stuggled.

Still one I'll remember. It did a lot with what it had and where it wanted to explore.

Advertisement