Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siroko Clothing

Options
  • 07-04-2021 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of buying from them? There stuff seems quite expensive but has a huge sale on. But then again a lot of cycling jerseys are crazy prices.

Their returns say have to cover the costs of return shipping, anyone have any idea on how much this could be for say a wrong sized jersey and shorts?

Is there stuff good quality and whats their sizing like?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bwdbwd

Bought a summer jersey recently. No delays with delivery etc.
    Build quality is excellent, lovely feel to the jersey with nice touches like small zipper pocket.
    Size-wise, I went for the same as Castelli or Velo Revolution gear and a size higher than Endura gear - fits fine
    Worth it if you can get the big discount

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Haven’t tried the jerseys but have a pair of sunglasses on the go a couple of years now. They’ve proven to be great value (were about 40 euro I think)with the lenses holding up well to my general carelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

I bought a bunch of jerseys for myself and the wife last year. Zip broke on 1 out of 6 pieces. But other than that one piece they are perfectly fine. I also got the glasses but for some reason they didn't sit on my head properly but I blame my weird head for that.

Also they always have a sale on so take that into account when looking at prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I bought a jacket and glasses recently and am impressed with both. The delivery was very quick - 2 days after ordering by DHL - and I bought my usual size.
    You can get a code for extra discount (10% I think) via trace velo on YouTube. It all helps... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Let me guess, you saw an ad on Facebook for them? and currently their jerseys are on discount? That's what happened to me, I really like some of their designs but was skeptical as I'd never heard of them before. They have a constant sale.
    "The 100% aerodynamic short sleeves..." - made me laugh.

code 'WELCOME' will give you €5 off or 'BACK10' for 10%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Have some of their sunglasses - good looking, cheap and sturdy. Would buy again when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cinnelli

I bought a his and hers gillet, we went a size up. The fit and material quality are excellent, normally I’m a Velo Rev man. I can’t fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Just curious if anyone has tried to get a refund? Ordered a couple of jerseys tonight. Hope they fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Bought a bib shorts and jersey.

Seriously not impressed with the pad in the shorts. Not much cushion in it at all. Will use them for work commute.

Material in both feels very light. Won’t take much pulling or stretching.

Won’t be buying again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Oh crap ..... why did I click on this thread!!!! Grrrrrr

I bought a pair of the glasses a couple of years ago .... I purchased at 10.30am on the Tuesday and received 1pm on the Wednesday ....cracking service and quality has held up well ....

I was also looking at clothing and wondering but my cycling spending has to seriously stop as my wife will bloody kill me ....

I did nearly buy the bib shorts last month from them but took a risk and bought two pairs from Didoo sports at 20 quid each after I saw good reviews and can't fault them so far .

• Advertisement

Very impressed with the speed of delivery! Arrived after 3 days from Spain. Sadly they are alittle snug for my liking. More so than Castelli! I got a large and a medium to try out, hoping one of them would fit. The large is very tight. I might try and XL or just return and forget it. Shame because the designs are nice. Quality looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mitchelsontour

jon1981 wrote: »
    Very impressed with the speed of delivery! Arrived after 3 days from Spain. Sadly they are alittle snug for my liking. More so than Castelli! I got a large and a medium to try out, hoping one of them would fit. The large is very tight. I might try and XL or just return and forget it. Shame because the designs are nice. Quality looks good.

Can I ask what size chest are you?
    Was looking at them but didn't pull the trigger due to not being sure how they would fit.

Can I ask what size chest are you?
    Was looking at them but didn't pull the trigger due to not being sure how they would fit.

I'd be a 38 chest. Don't recommend the large for your average dad bod :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Resurrecting this thread - are there any more recent experiences of Siroko? I was half thinking of rolling the dice on a pair of bib shorts, although they seem to be in one of their rare non-sale periods right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

I have a pair of shorts and a couple of jerseys. The shorts (i think they are The Flandrien model) are ok for rides upto 3 hours - I have not tested them for longer. The leg grippers (wide silicone elastic band) are possibly showing signs of overstretching after maybe 4 months of use (Probably < 20 washes)

The jerseys do not like a backback worn with them and they bobble up something fierce where the backpack straps rub with the fabric. I never had this issues with other brands but YMMV. Having said that I probably will buy again from Siroko. For jerseys and shorts i would put them ahead of Galibier, Galibier is probably ahead on the winter stuff

Advertisement