Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric, Hydrogen & Hybrid Electric Buses in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Have yet to hear of any chargers being installed in Ballymount. I thought it would have made logical sense that they'd be installed when Ballymount first opened but seemingly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Given that in 2017-8 we were barely thinking of hybrids, plug-in as they are...

Saw a Higer electric bus on the n11 yesterday evening in Microsoft Connector livery. I presume that's some kind of shuttle bus for Microsoft staff in Leopardstown never seen it before. Anyone know anything about it couldn't get a closer look as I driving at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Executive express have a bunch of exDB AVs running shuttles between Microsoft/Central Park and Blackrock/City Centre, could be an additional bus for that?

Yeah I've seen them before but this one looked brand new, had Microsoft branding on it and was near Foxrock Church heading towards Bray.

• Advertisement

Might be a new route/contract then, not sure 🤷‍♂️

Yes saw an Executive Express minibus with "Connector" on a piece of paper on the dashboard so does appear to be Executive Express operated. Was in heading towards Deansgrange so perhaps a new route to DL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There will be an episode of Inside The Factory XL with Gregg Wallace tonight on BBC Two. It will begin at 9pm. It will be showing how the current TFL bus fleet is being manufactured in the ADL bus building factory in Scarborough. I wonder as well as London's new buses. Could they show the new buses built for the NTA among others?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I've already seen hints of TFI green and yellow out in the factory yard within the first part of this programme. At least they got great recognition among us Irish watching this programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Four new single deckers in services M1 about hour ago.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Have DB moved the PA fleet around, they seem very scarse on routes particuarly the 1 / 41 / 41c over the last while.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Been a lot of AXs on the 41/letters in the last few weeks. Single door, no luggage racks on airport serving routes can be tricky - drivers having to repeatedly point out that there are not just seats but entire rows of empty two seaters upstairs because the bus looks rammed with all the bags and their owners crowded downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

That's a thing we need to get use to, as tge NTA have told DB any new buses coming will not be coming with luggage racks and Summerhill is one of the garages to get electric buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

There was a few PA'S on the 41/C yesterday, some PA'S are on the 15A/B now

Madness not to be ordering buses with luggage racks for routes serving the airport no surprises really though considering nobody in the NTA has any real world experience of bus operations all a bunch of lifelong civil servants.

Even getting SGs with luggage racks fitted seemed to be an after thought as it was only in the very last batch that got SGs with luggage racks fitted. If they're not getting PAs with luggage racks then they should retrofit them to some SGs surely.

I saw a recent Alexander Dennis announcement for an order of ALX500 fully electric tri-axle deckers going to Hong Kong. If only the NTA were proactive and went looking for an order of that type!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭DaBluBoi

They probably only want double axles to make maintenence and storage cheaper. Also, under BusConnects the Blanch corridor is to recieve a big boost in bph, presumably to cover for lack of tri-axles that would otherwise be present on the 38s and 39s.

Buying electric tri-axles would definitely help with the current driver shortage, though, and I'm surprised the NTA hasn't considered them in that regard

Still no sign of the new electric single deckers that are supposed to be coming in for Athlone

The charging infrastructure is due before xmas. The buses have already started to arrive but are not in Athlone yet and won't be until that work is complete

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The 34 single-deck electric buses for Dublin should all be delivered by December.

The 100 double-deck electric buses for Dublin should all be delivered by early next year. Some may be delivered in December.

Charging infrastructure is still a huge issue. Dublin Bus dropped the ball big time. Chargers likely won't be in place in Summerhill and Phibsborough until May. O route is currently due to begin operation in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Given the ongoing driver shortages, I wouldn't be holding my breath for any of the next implementation deadlines being met after the G-Spine.

What about the 24 additional hybrids? Any sign of them being delivered?

I was under the impression that they'd be delivered before the introduction of the W4/6, though given the issues and delays surrounding them, they may get delivered earlier in Phase 5

At least 10 new single deckers in Ardee, if anyones up near Airport Business park im told theres one up there.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Just saw PA245 on a 52. If I'm not wrong, that means that all PAs destined for DB have been delivered and are currently in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It’s likely that the follow on order of 24 mentioned above will be for DB too - they would cascade more vehicles to GAI as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Looks like they have the camera mirrors set-up? Wonder will that be the case for the incoming electoliners as well. Will be interesting to see the exact spec they go for, probably similar to the PA interior however.

An EW class has been spotted in the wild! Out for testing around the factory. According to the Tapatalk forums a few have been fast tracked to allow for training ahead of the main delivery. Interesting to note that actually have physical mirrors unlike the Electric single deckers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/70333100@N08/

• Advertisement

Looks a bit like a PA and an SG had a baby. Can't understand why they went for actual mirrors as opposed to cameras given how often mirrors get broken off buses.

Advertisement