Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Safety Razors etc

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Previously i would have avoided Bic razors like the plague

But i must say their flex 3 are excellent, probably the best disposable out there at the moment, lovely feel & weight to them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jetz2003

Lidl razors are rubbish. Their blades go in the way to the extent you have to push the razor tighter up your facial stubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I got a shark razor a long time ago and was surprised how good it is, sadly know its not in the shops an cant get heads (i just have it for traveling bag)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Few months ago I went over to DE Safety razors. (DE, double edge). Razors that my old man used to use, that type.

It’s one of these things that “I should’ve done 20 years ago” situations. Muhle R89 is the razor and 10 pack of blades. Good brush, proper shaving cream and we’re off. Very good shave, razor doesn’t clog up, takes a bit of practice but totally happy and will not go back to expensive cartridge razors.

I also head shave and after a few nicks first off am now confident. Actually enjoy shaving now…..bit of a pleasure, like making tea with tea leaves, strainer etc etc. 😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

They can take a bit to get the hang of but once you do they are great.

Time to buy a load of different blades and see which you prefer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Been a DE user for over 15 years and have started shaving my head in the last few years (due to age!!). But despite being very comfortable using all sorts of DE razors and blades on my face, I don't have the courage to use it on my head. I've been using a Mach3 for the head. Any tips or preferred blades for head shaving?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah…..shaving my head with DE for about 6 months or so now. Have an Alum block and used it a fair bit starting off, a lot of nicks. Was shaving way too close, 2 part shave, with and against grain.

Now I just go over with less pressure……never an issue really. It takes time and practice. I have a fair few bumps to navigate on my head. 😀

Advertisement