Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin airport and airlines government discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You would have hopped that a company doesn't need to be told that they need enough staff to handle what they sell, but apparently you do.

Since this is a worldwide issue the airlines will just ignore our government. It's up to the DAA and other airports to restrict passengers if the airlines can't proof they can handle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Noxegon

For me, this quote says a lot:

"Chief executive Lynne Embleton says Aer Lingus planned to operate 8,353 flights in June and we got away all but 223".

It's a bit mad when a CEO implies that it's not a big deal to cancel flights impacting over 40,000 people.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

I didn't think she implied that at all. She was responding to claims of massive disruptions and widespread cancellations. The meadia being what it is these days have been reporting every cancellation etc etc. literally news on radio that EI cancelled two flights to Heathrow and one flight to whereever. I thought it was pretty fair for her to point out that they operated 98% of flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

EI operated 98% of their flights. That is an excellent stat given all the issues recently. All airlines have to cancel flights for some reason or another (weather, staffing, technical etc).

Other forms of transport have similar issues, buses, trains, boats. Should they also have to restrict passengers unless they can prove they can handle the numbers of passengers?

And DAA cannot even keep the terminals clean let alone manage passenger numbers!

Advertisement