Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery charging only from grid, not from solar

• 26-07-2022 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I set up my Solis inverter to charge my battery (pylon) at night, however as you can see below while the battery charged fine at night it is now not charging from solar at all! I guess I must have missed something in the settings, any help is appreciated (post I used was a few down about Solis inverter0

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭mustang68

D'oh.... I figured out what I did wrong, in the settings I was trying to be clever and set a discharge time, however that is a forced discharge (won't charge from solar), set that time to zero and the battery started charging again. (I wonder why you'd want a forced discharge?)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

Does the Solis inverter work without Solar PV connected to recharge a battery until the solar panels are installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭fael

Forced discharge is for when you live in a country where you get paid for feeding back into the grid. If say you got a good rate for exporting energy between 16:00 and 19:00 you could force your battery to discharge between those times and make some money off your solar.

Well done for figuring it out yourself though, the terminology can be confusing sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭jkforde

can't see why not once it's grid tied, the battery correctly set up in the inverter and timed to charge, though others waaaay more knowledgeable around these parts will chime in if I'm wrong

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement