Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marvels "Blade" 2022

• 26-07-2022 9:29am
    Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭

apologies if theres already a thread on this, i couldnt find one.

The first teaser has dropped for Blade

Due for release on Q4 of 2023. Mahershala Ali reprises Wesley Snipes role as the Daywalker. Cant tell from the teaser if its simply a remake of the original story, or a new progression. The original 1998 Blade was a bit of a cult hit, which became more popular with time. Cracking soundtrack !

lets hope marvel dont pander to the common denominator with this one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,438 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That's not a teaser for Blade. It's fan made, using clips from the original films and other unrelated things (generic science/horror shots). This Blade hasn't started filming yet as far as I know.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ah that makes sense thanks, i was wondering why they were using kris kristofferson as the voice over.

is it a bit unusual then to be suggesting a release date before filming actually begins? theyve specifically stated it as " the last marvel movie slot of 2023"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha I was wondering.

I'm both sceptical and broadly eager to see what comes out of this: Wesley Snipes set the bar so high, while the idea of PG13 vampires in the MCU feels ostensibly disinteresting. I'd love to see the leash properly loosened that we'd get a R-Rated MCU film ... but seems unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,438 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think movie dates are scheduled so far in advance to avoid clashes with other big movies, but Marvel (and other studios) have moved movies around before, eg. Swapping two films around that were both booked, or adding in another film and then moving each film after that down one place in next films slots they've booked. So they would have scheduled a Marvel film for that date, but the film that they release on that date can be subject to change.

Given the amount of work Marvel do in advance of filming (they already have a lot of the basic cgi modelled and planned before shooting starts, and then shoot action scenes to match that), they can turn around a lot of the post-production pretty quickly.

Advertisement