Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Model 3 order

Options
  • 23-07-2022 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Just looking for some advice

thinking about ordering a model 3 I can get a delivery date for jan-mar 23

is it possible to add autopilot after ordering if I add it now I lose the grant

if you go for black interior can the wood trim be swapped I don’t see an option for that

and last question I have a 530e at the moment will Tesla take that as a trade in or do I need to sell it myself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

There is a dedicated M3 thread that’s very useful and helpful lots of people ordered in the last 4-6 weeks and will get a car between august and September after being quoted 2023 delivery so the EDD is at best an estimate 😂 you can add autopilot after delivery from the app so pointless ordering it with the car as you lose the grant, you can’t swap the wood but very easy to wrap, you can buy kits to DIY or get it done professionally I plan on wrapping the wood post delivery. Tesla do offer a trade in service but they shop it out to dealers and can be hit and miss re valuation I.e. can be good or bad depends on how badly a dealer wants your car, other options are sell it privately or shop it to a dealer yourself with the lack of good 2nd hand motors values are currently very good. Best bet is to place a deposit and if you are offered a car before you are ready postpone delivery to the next shipment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1. Yes. Add EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot) through the app once you have the car. Standard Auto Pilot is standard in all teslas. It will be more cost effective as you’ve already realized.
    2. No option to change the dash colour unless you go for the premium black and white interior. I have it on my M3P and it’s nice but the wood is not the worse. Options include wrapping it (there are pre cut vinyl sets available) or you can get a hard ABS cover that sticks on over the existing. These seem good too.
    3. Yes, Tesla will take it but they may offer less as they just farm the trade in details to their independent dealers who price it blindly. In my case Tesla offered way above market for my car but it was a 2016 MSP90DL so I jumped at it. No harm getting the trade in price and sure you’ll have loads of time to sell it privately and the 530e should sell well once priced right.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

If you ordered right now there’s a chance you will get it in the next two months and before another price increase that may be coming soon. You can buy the upgraded auto pilot at any time even though I personally wouldn’t spend the extra since the standard version is what I’m happy with but each to their own.

as mentioned it’s easy to wrap the wood. Not sure on the trade in as I’ve not got a price for mine yet but I’ve read there offers are not great with people going webyanycar sort of places or selling privately. I’d imagine privately is only an option if you’ve an old car like I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

Great advice thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You can change the wood. Check Rsymons on YouTube. There is an alcantara which matches the colour on the doors. It looks very nice tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

I see the government is going to do something with the EV grant in the budget in September - they haven't given details yet but assume it will be a reduction rather than an elimination of the grant but if your delivery is after September I would expect the grant will probably drop to something like 3k rather than 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I just did a trade in valuation with Tesla on a BMW 530e and did not find their offer to be competitive. Private sale is a decent option if you can go that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

I really doubt that it would come in effect in Sep - For example when they removed the PHEV grant it was applicable from the following Jan 1st with an exception that if you had ordered prior to Jan 1st and was awaiting delivery you could still get the grant up to March.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I think it's likely they'll the car price to qualify and I would think drop some of the VRT rebate.

Phase it out over time same as they are doing with BIK on EV's.

As far as I remember they dropped the PHEV grant July last year. Think it went to 2500 Jan 2021 and gone July 2021.

Was one of the reasons I went EV instead of PHEV.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I'll correct myself went to 2500 in July 2021 and 0 Jan 2022.

• Advertisement
Advertisement