Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feed Barrier Silage Carpet/Conveyor

• 22-07-2022 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Well folks,

Just wondering if anyone has seen these silage conveyor or carpet systems which seem to be operated electronically by a pulley system. Your forage is mixed in the diet feeder. It's then driven up alongside this system and it delivers the mix alongside the feed barriers and stops when it reaches the end. It could be down the middle of one trough which feeds pens both side or down along a wall which eliminates the need for a feed passage and creates more space. I seen a video of one working online some time ago but everything I typed into Google isn't showing me what I am looking for. Does anyone know who does them in Ireland? I think they're quite popular around Europe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

How's your german? Feedstar is what its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheClubMan

Cheers Timple. That's the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

From memory that big farm in edenderry (1000 acres) that was sold lately had conveyors in 30/40 years ago. If i remember rightly one of the owners had a serious injury by getting an arm tangled up in it.

I believe they started darying there lately

Advertisement