Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Ahh so asking you what you think the problem is, is sealioning now? Great craic.

All you have done so far is said maybe they are bad, and have agreed with obvious fake news.

If that's what you believe totally grand no problem, but it doesn't make any logical sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Do you see how they try to warp your reality?

What's up is down, left is right, dead is alive, light is dark.

That's why I think a lot of them are bots or shills.

Expert's in the art of manipulation and trying to tangle everything up.

Im going for my lunch break now, but I'll respond to you when I'm back.

This again? I'm still waiting on your response to my only question to you from the other day.

No, they're not.

You're twisting it to say that, because it sounds good from your POV and suits your argument.

But, they're not.

• Advertisement

Imagine being so lacking in self-awareness that you manipulate and change words just so you can accuse others of manipulating and changing the meaning of words.

I couldn't imagine it to be honest, but it sounds far fetched.

Are you self aware @[Deleted User]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

It sure is.

But maybe posting things that are clearly and obviously a lie isn’t a good choice? I find it weakens a position when someone regularly posts lies.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭hometruths

116 cases were assessed by the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut to be consistent with a causal link to the respective COVID-19 vaccination (probable or possible causal relationship).

If they're not saying that in the assessment Paul-Ehrlich-Institut they think 116 cases involve the vaccine either as a probable or possible cause then what are they saying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And this is what they concluded:

A comparison of the total number of reported suspected adverse events with a fatal outcome occurring between one day and six weeks after COVID-19 vaccination with the number of deaths that would be statistically expected in the same time period (data from the Federal Statistical Office of Germany) did not indicate a safety signal for any of the five COVID-19 vaccines used so far in Germany.

So the experts are reviewing the reported cases, something which people earlier on the thread were trying to deny.

They are the experts are making these calls. And they don't see a safety issue.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭hometruths

Yes, as acknowledged above, the experts have concluded that the total number of deaths do not indicate a safety signal.

The experts have also concluded that in the case of 116 of those deaths, the vaccine was a probable or possible cause of death.

I do too, but who do we trust, it's easy enough to pay someone to manipulate the truth or use buzz words and unintelligible word salad to throw people off.

Or tell people they're unable to figure out simple maths.

I've yet to see anyone on the side of the vaccines to see that it's possible they could harm some people, and the discussion her is like watching paint dry.

Posting link's and saying my link is better than your link, is basically a waste of ink if you get my drift.

I'm open to the possibility of the vaccine harming people, but nobody has shown it to be the case.

The only links that have shown serious harm are from sudo science websites designed to trick people into giving them money.

They're all at it though, mainstream media are throwing the begging bowl out for a few quid too. Subscribe here for so much a month and you can read an extra few paragraphs.

Marketing campaigns are the same, sure wasn't the marketing for the covid vaccines manipulative, fearful, hopeful, shameful and it hit really hard. As for marketing it was pure genius. Because the government paid for it, but we'll pay for it on more than the double through various tax hikes etc.

We get nothing for free @EyesClosed

So far there's been no conspiracy proven,so it's coming down to numbers and expert's.

From my observation in any given field there's a lot less expert's than there's expert's. Most are just foot soldier's, just believing what they're told and there's people who are getting degree's in science nowadays that honours leaving cert science back in the 80's or two year PLC course's would wipe the floor with.

Whenever I find myself in a position where I'm not all that knowledgeable on a subject, I use this easy method:

Who is on the 'NO' side?

Who is on the 'YES' side?

Which of those two groups seem more reasonable to me?

In this case, the NO vaccine side are going for 'Mark of the Beast', 'China engineered a virus to kill people', quickly changing to 'China engineered a virus, so they could engineer a vaccine, to kill people', and of course the classic '5G/Nanobots/Star Trek/Tracking/Barcodes etc.' We also have people who stand to gain from us. We also have that tricky obstacle that nobody can overcome - How do SO many people keep this plan a secret?

On the YES side, we have 99% of Doctors, Medical Professors, people with nothing to gain from us, majority of the population, immunologists, virologists, most average Joes in the street.

Makes my choices pretty easy, and has served me well 99% of the time.

I'm with you 99% of the time, but this one time I'm wondering why there's so much misinformation. And if it's proven as misinformation why aren't these pseudo scientist's not banned from the internet by Google, YouTube etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

WTAF? Ban people from the Internet? Srsly you think that's a thing?

Go have lunch. The psilocybin mushrooms probably need some attention in your glasshouse.

Because spreading misinformation can do the following:

Make people money.

Make people feel special.

Get people attention.

Make people feel more intelligent than others.

Gives people a way to 'push back' against authority (governments, schools, their bosses, their Dads)

Why they aren't banned:

Because they talk in riddle avoiding actually stating their position to 'skirt' the rules.

Because they get banned and come back again and again, new names, handles, VPNs etc.

Because Social Media companies don't have the resources to cope with the absolute wave of people who wish to cause trouble in almost every aspect of online communication.

Because Social Media companies want engagements to drive advertising revenue and growth.

Why is there so much misinformation on this particular topic:

Because it's easy to make cool stories up and spread them when something is happening in 'real time'. We have 100 years of books, film, TV about killer viruses, super drugs, shady corporations and the bad dudes who take advantage to draw from.

Because it's the first global pandemic of the internet age.

Because decades of government and business doing bad things makes people suspicious of them to the point that they'll throw logic and reason out the window in favour of conspiracy.

Post edited by DoctorEdgeWild on

Well they seem to be working for you,last time you're meeting me at the crossroads for your habit:)

How's tricks, hope you're still up for bass fishing Sunday dude, last weekend was epic..

Myself and dose are friends offline, he loves getting a hop off me, he'll say we're not friends but seriously we're best buds :D

• Advertisement

You're a breath of fresh air, and much more eloquent than the regular resentments posted here. You're the first poster on the vaccine side that can cut through the bull5hit without being a dick.

Simply put and straight to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

No, again. I said:

"analyse individual cases"

I did not say:

"analyse the data"

Just like KM you are again desperately trying to misrepresent what I said. Why can't either of you debate honestly without resorting to these tactics?

There's no evidence of it and if they are what the hell is keeping them so long? What are they waiting for?

If all these cases turned out to be legit what then? Do you think they are going to admit to killing and injuring so many?

Then tell me what the point of VAERS is. Why would you create a reporting system and then completey ignore it.

It tells a horror story. That's why you don't like it. Simply rubbishing it and denigrating it is not any kind of argument. Simply brushing aside anything that does not agree with your argument is a poor approach.

Why do you keep referring to the links (which I am duty bound to provide) that I post here as "dumps". Do you honestly believe that that is a clever argument?

I get them on the internet. That's where they are. Examine the URL. Read it aloud a few times. I don't find them down the back of a sofa!

If you continue with this ridiculous nonsense you are going on ignore.

Argue the content not the platform.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

What evidence do you think is going to be made public on individual cases? They are not going to release a statement about Bob who was decapitated the week after vaccination to confirm that the two things were not related, or that Jane who got sunburn the next day wasn't caused by the vaccine either.

How do you think that you know about the very rare incidents of allergic reactions or heart issues if the people who have the knowledge to investigate these issues were not doing so?

Why is your default response to something you don't understand, "conspiracy"? Ask questions and learn what is happening, but don't jump straight to the "it's a conspiracy" answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Evidence they are being completely ignored. Zero.

So nobody can tell you because the premise of your question is baseless and without evidence. And no grabbing stuff from garbage dump sources with no actual evidence just rumours and pretend ignorance 'asking questions' isn't evidence either. They are garbage dumps because they have put out so much rumours and 'questions' that are eventually debunked they don't even blink they just move onto the next one. And the people who lap it up keep lapping it up no matter how much time one of their pieces is debunked and discredited.

You can't argue the content because the content isn't here.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Absolutely not, because there would be a massive onslaught of anger and it would be like a scene out of gang's of New York.

It's funny how there hasn't been a proper debate about the mRNA vaccines. With people who aren't sponsored or shills for the big pharma industry.

Just two qualified virologists, who have no skin in the game.

I'm glad I didn't take that stuff, and a lot of people are coming out and saying they didn't take it either.

A lot of people who took it are sorry they did, because it didn't stop them from catching covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

A lot of people who took it are sorry they did, because it didn't stop them from catching covid.

That is just make believe, no rational person thinks about medicine or treatments they took later unless there's some strange agenda, it's just not a normal thing people do.

VAERS is designed to capture patterns of abnormalities, there are no patterns causing any concern, hence no danger issues.

It also captures data for the non-mRNA vaccines (Sinovac/pharm, Novavax, AZ, J&J) and isn't seeing any discrepancies between them (barring the very rare blood clot issue causing by the AdenoVector vaccines).

If there was something being covered up, why is all the date public? VAERS and it's equivalent have been around publicly available for many years.

It's funny how there hasn't been a proper debate about the mRNA vaccines

It's been debated hugely in the medical industry with vast amount of non-pharma based papers written about them, there's no "it's funny how" here, it's just a blatantly untrue statement to make.

But I (and others undoubtedly) will notice that you've changed from making claims without backup to making claims about the absence of data, likely to avoid having to post any sources (and it's always suspicious when someone says "I'm not bothering to post sources" when they don't post 1 single source).

You're wrong there, there's a lot of people who took meds and had procedures that's regrettable.

Especially invasive back surgery, botched fillings, pain killers, barbiturates, antidepressants...I could type a long list.

Any one who have posted source's, you'll have someone similar to your good self googling a fact check.

You know that I think the vaccines were okay for the vulnerable and elderly, as a I've heard of no adverse effects with those takers.

It's fit and healthy people who seem to have issues.

• Advertisement

Has there been a single debate on RTE or BBC from a qualified virologist or immunologist who has questioned the vaccine. I've never seen one.

Anyone who questions it is immediately cancelled. You do realise that early on doctors who advised there patients against taking it were immediately struck off? Without even a hearing. Why is that? Well that certainly sent out a strong signal to any other doctor who was at all dubious.

The problem is not the people asking the questions (I see you're against that sort of thing). The problem is the people who go along with everything they read, see and hear without asking questions.

"I am the science", "the science is settled" "take this and don't ask questions"

That's not science, it's propaganda.

Shame on you for trying to shame people who are curious and sceptical.

Advertisement