Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnects Dublin - Bus Network Changes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hairymaryberry

There was one hour gap on the 145 the other day, only going to get worse from here on out, a crazy amount of duties off today, no drivers to do them , now add on the drivers who will go sick today and you will have plenty of large gaps on routes.

Up to 23 billion for metro, Billions for Ukrainians, but no money to pay drivers a decent pay rise, just accept that the tax paying public transport users of Ireland are held in contempt by the politicians of Ireland, its only getting worse from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hairymaryberry

You know the routes will as night service, 39, 15 and so on, well the early duties on those routes START AT 4AM , so you think about what time you would have to get up at to be in the depot for 4AM!

Getting up at 4AM would be a lie in for these drivers!

As i posted bad pay and conditions need to be improved if they want to retain and attract drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Will be interesting to see the planning submission today, especially what they propose in Inchicore, an area choaked with cars. I'm also holding out hope that a better solution is found for phibsboro. Its a disgrace that Rathmines can get a nice elegent people focused solution and working class areas like Phibsboro and Inchicore just get 4 lane roads rammed through them and cyclists diverted to out of the way routes

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭noelfirl

Narrator: "The dissapointment, if expected, lay heavily."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Can we get a moderator to enforce the moderators' own rules?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Final warning, stop bringing Ukrainian's into this or face (another) ban.

Rest of you, report post works again for first time in a long while, it was fixed last week, if you have a problem with a post, report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Anyone know why the CBC applications aren't going in as the press release in March? What is next...

Ballymun/Finglas and Ringsend are next. The gap between them won't be as large as the first three either. I'd expect another at the end of the month.

Is there an explanation anywhere in the application why they downgraded the mount brown bus gate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The Preferred Route Option Report says it was changed arising from concerns about access to Kilmainham, St James Hospital and the local area.

So fudge basically. Odds on it being enforced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭StreetLight

I've been hearing from people in the know that the G-Spine is to be delayed until October due to ongoing staffing issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭DaBluBoi

Anyone happen to know how many duties are to be created overall?

Oh, for the love of..

I predict a calm, well-informed, reasonable and productive debate. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭DaBluBoi

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pk1991

I attended the meeting and, beleive it or not, a lot of people were actually fine with the changes bar the hourly frequency of Route 60 serving lower Ballyfermot (Decies, Landen and Lally roads) and whether or not the routing via Claddagh Green was appropriate given the level of parked cards there at the shops. He definitely didn't stir up as much anger as he wanted to.

I happen to agree that the routing via Claddagh green is a bit silly and maybe the frequncy should be increased, at least at pek time, to 30 minutes.

The NTA apparently agreed to review the comments and revert within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭rx8

Confirmed Yesterday, that the G-Spine is put back until October and the Southern Orbitals put back to December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 60 minute frequency on some of the local community routes is on the low side and 30 minutes would definitely be better. I can see that being an issue in different parts of the city.

Did the fact that the 60 bypasses the shops at Ballyfermot by going around by Le Fanu Road come up as an issue?

That to me is one of the dafter elements of the plan - a local community bus route that completely misses out the local shops. I know that the reason for it is to replace the 76 on Kylemore Road, but it’s odd to say the least to miss the principal traffic generator.

The routing via Le Fanu road came up but it wasn't nearly as contentius as the frequency or Claddagh Green. I agree its senseless as the bus will get stuck in the morning and late afternoon with cars parked outside the 3 schools there; not to mention that people looking to access the shops will have to get off the bus 200/300 metres away either on Ballyfermot Road or Kylemore Road. I agree, it is a weird decision for a 'community route'.

If they change the 2 routing issues and increase the frquency to 30 minutes, even if its peak only, then it will be fine.

What’s the issue at Claddagh Green? Is it that the road is too narrow?

Where would people prefer it went along there?

Claddagh Green consists of 2 roads split in the middle by a community centre and resinential units for older people. Both roads are too narrow to have buses passing both directions, particularly at the junction of Claddagh Road and Blackditch court where the bus has to make a tight turn.

So the NTA proposed the inbound bus going down the west side of Claddagh Green and the outbound bus coming up on the east side so they don't have an issue passing but the east side has a few local shops and there is always a lot on illegal parking on the double yellow lines and the gardai do nothing about it. Cars often have to let each other pass by reversing or pulling in so there is no hope of a bus managing it. There is often delivery trucks there to and they take up most of the road space.

The current 79 sometimes goes down the west side of Claddagh Green from the terminus on Spiddal Park (very bottom of the screenshot) if it has to avoid the cherry-orchard loop due to anti-social behaviour but it never travels on the East side of claddagh green due to the issue with the shops

That turn from Classagh Green onto Blackditch Court is a bit tight. It's okay for one bus but you'd not manage it with 2 passing so that is why they propose going up the other side but with the constant parked cars it really won't work

To be honest, I am not sure where the bus should run but the least-worst option would be for the 60 to continue along Blackditch Road, as it is wider, instead of turning right onto Spiddal Road and continuing on to Matthews church before turning onto the main road. They'd need to look at the massive ramps though on Blackditch Road.

The other alternative maybe would be to have the inbound go via Spiddal Road, Claddagh court but have the outbound travel via Blackditch or vice versa.

That’s what I thought.

To be fair the proposed route was used for years by the old 78 to get to/from Spiddal Park terminus, but I suppose the car parking is a sign of changing times and the prevalence of car ownership/use.

Yes, and to be fair, in the mornings and late evening it might not be an issue but mid-day it will be unworkable.

It will be interesting to see if the NTA come up with something different or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Supported by an NBRU notice making the rounds dated today ;)

This was toxic. They all wanted the entire plan ditched and the 79/a kept as is. Apparently it's perfect.

Two people stood up at the end and said there are benefits to the plan and that it needs to be implemented. Both were heckled. One was a local Green. Don't know the other one. No FF or FG.

70+ people

Almost all 70+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

It's very poor when there's been 2 public consultations that people are still unhappy and not aware of the plan. Not trying to be a snob or anything but it always seems to be the working class areas where the outrage and attempts to shut down the plans come from.

I said it before if River Forest was a council estate there would have been outrage when they replaced the 66a with the L54, L58 and L59.

Advertisement