Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor 11kg cylinder for this stove?

Options
  • 21-07-2022 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

Hi, Was wondering if a stove like this can and be used with the standard domestic 11kg yellow calor cylinders. I can't seem to find anything online to confirm it. Tks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,689 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Propane I believe. Which is the grey bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

campingaz is butane, so make sure you are replacing it with the same product. Halfords and various camping shops usually sell these canisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Camping gas has always been primarily butane. There own bottles are all butane.

I can confirm that similar stoves work fine on butane and all the old CampingGaz stoves do - long ago I used to sell them.

You just need the standard Jumbo regulator, but check the required pressure and gas output on the plate that will be somewhere on the stove and see that its in the range that the Jumbo regulator supplies.

Edit> Did some googling and found this https://shop.calorgas.ie/calor-essentials/gas-regulators/essentials-35mm-jumbo-low-pressure-butane-clip-on-gas-regulator-with-rain-cap.html check the questions tab.

Hi, is it suitable for Campingaz Camping Chef Folding Double Burner and Grill? I'm planning to use it with 11.34kg Butane Cylinder. Thank you

Hi Mia, Yes, this will fit your butane bottle and is suitable for the stove. Thank you for using Q&A.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Thanks everybody

• Advertisement
Advertisement