Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamoreit

I've had a Turkish netflix sub a little over a year now, but I managed to add a backup payment card (Revolut virtual MasterCard) tonight. I was asked for a Turkish number to receive an SMS on when I tried to add the new card. There is a method to obtain a temporary Turkish number to receive a verification text for Netflix.

I used my computer to login to Netflix and update the card information, and I used an app called PingMe on my phone (I use android, there is an IOS version too) to receive a verification SMS on a Turkish number. There is also a web based version of PingMe, but I haven't tried that. If anyone tries the web or IOS versions of PingMe to receive a verification text for Netflix, let us know how you get on.

Here's how I got my payment information updated:

1. Switch on the VPN provider, obviously set to Turkey
    2. Clear your browser's history.
    3. I used Brave as my browser and opened a new private window. Incognito mode will likely do the same in Chrome
    4. Login in to Netflix and head over to the account section of the site and add your card details
    5. To get a Turkish number, download PingMe from your app store and open up the app, or use the web version (payment options may differ, I don't know how they work on the web version)
    6. There is a charge for receiving the text from Netflix, it cost me $0.75 to receive the text.
    7. I used my e-mail account to set up a PingMe account on the app.
    8. Once your account is set up, select the Profile tab at the bottom of the app and use the recharge option to top up your account. It used the Google Wallet option to top up my account.
    9. After topping up your PingMe account, select the Verification tab (next to the Profile tab) at the bottom of the app. There you need to select Netflix as the App/Website to validate and Turkey as the region.
    10. Click next. You'll then receive a Turkish phone number that you can use with Netflix.
    11. Enter the number you receive on the Netflix site and wait for the text to come through on Ping Me. If it doesn't work, you have the option of trying a new number.
    12. The verification number will appear will appear in the box under "Please check the SMS below:". Enter the verification code on Netflix.

Hopefully this will work for new subs as well as those who need to update their payment information on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

i've said it before but this thread just isn't good for my health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

What site are people buying the turkish netflix vouchers from ?

Yah i had googled it but that site was struggling to load and it looked fairly dodge so wasnt sure .

• Advertisement

Bought a 100TL voucher off this site (wasnt connected to VPN when purchasing) and went to add to fresh netflix account (all under VPN) and it wont take it... am i doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I bought from there as well but didn't work so bought then from turgame, which did work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah to be fair. I wouldn't like to buy Turkish Netflix vouchers without being sure of the site. Ha

Oddly enough I was on to netflix support chat for an hour (drawn out playing dumb) trying to get her to add my voucher. She said it was an active voucher but as my account wasn't an active account she couldn't add it. So I think I have to set up an Irish account then cancel it, do the vpn thing and then add vouchers or let it take my payment from the set up card?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I don't think so. I bought 3 vouchers for a mate of mine a couple of months ago but only 2 got accepted. Definitely not a reliable long term strategy I think. In any case we got his card added to NF and yesterday after the voucher expired the card payment went through. Interesting since that card was added before we bought any vouchers but payment would never go through. Sorted now anyway so happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

This happened when I was setting Turkey NF for a mate a couple of months ago. Bought vouchers and after they expired the card payment went through

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I have a VPN to Turkey but I'm seeing prices in Euro?

https://ibb.co/FzRL11R

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

OK I used Incognito and can see the Turkish prices.

I have been getting "There is a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

Tried a Revolut and PTSB card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

just bought 2 TL100 vouchers added them to my account no issues no VPN needed from G2A

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moshea

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

I had a KBC card added using a Turkish account. I moved banks as KBC account will be closed soon. I tried adding mt new PTSB card and a Revlout card but was getting nowhere. I was getting payment errors and was looking for a Turkish mobile to send a text to etc.

I contacted support through chat and said that i cant update mt credit card. They sent a form through the chat window and filled it out with the Revlout card details. They changed the payment to the new card and all is working OK. I did VPN in to turkey while on the chat window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

I have used both g2a and eneba and vouchers always work eventually. I may have an issue after a couple but logging out and into netflix normally solves it.. honestly keep trying as I have not had one from either site fail yet and have probably bought about 30 so far.. I’m paid up till 2024 as bought when voucher price went down

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dolphinsmile

Bough Turkish Netflix gift card and use ping me app to get phone number from Turkey. Used Nord VPN and logged in without issues. Watch a film but next time I tried to access Netflix I kept getting complete your registration and I can longer get into site. Anyone have this issue or know work around for this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

This did work for me, thanks Tamoreit!

But - and just for the benefit of others who may be trying to do this - two details were slightly different for me.

1) I could not get past "There seems to be a problem with your payment method" when I did it on a Windows PC, but then when I logged into Netflix on an android phone (using VPN of course and incognito browser), it went straight to the "input your Turkish phone number" screen.

2) I topped up the PingMe app with one dollar (which cost 1.29 yoyos somehow) but when I went to get the Turkish number it said balance insufficient. So I topped up with a second dollar. Then it worked! I put the phone number in Netflix and a minute or two later I received a 6 digit code on Ping Me which enabled me to successfully add my Revolut card to Netflix. Oddly, Pingme says my remaining balance is now 1.20 dollars so I am at a loss as to why it said the balance was insufficient the first time.

Anyway Turkish 1.00 was charged to my revolut card by Netflix and then reverted so I think job done (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

PingMe worked for me too. Added Revolut card as backup and then switched it to preferred.

The reason you could not get PingMe to work with the $1 topup is because its costs between $0.75-$1.03. You needed 3 cent extra. If you go to profile you can watch Adverts and check-in daily to get the extra 3c. Its 100 coins for 1 cent. The topup for $1 cost me 20.99TL or €1.16. Receiving the text used 75c of balance. Alternatively you can use an invite code like TBLMBJI to get 20c extra. I have no idea where to enter the invite code though. I did try this method first.

The first time I setup PingMe, I got a message saying no numbers available so I checked the next day and it worked.

Steps I took:

• Install PingMe in Bluestacks5 on Windows.
    • Topup PingMe $1 in Bluestacks.
    • Watch Adverts with sound muted to get 3c.
    • Select Neflix & Turkey verification in PingMe. Click Next. Turkish number generated.
    • Connect to Turkish VPN
    • Login to Netflix in private browser
    • Go to Account and add backup card
    • Enter details
    • When prompted for Turkish number enter PingMe no.
    • Click refresh icon in PingMe. Code arrived in less than a minute.
    • Change card to preferred card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Poolboy19

Top tip that, worth the little bit of extra effort 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Apologies for asking a question that will already have been asked, but I'm finding the thread hard to follow.

I followed all of the steps in the OP and when I got to the stage on restarting my membership, I was able to see the prices in Turkish Lira, but it wouldn't accept payment from my Revolut card (which has funds in Lira in the balance)

Can anyone tell me what I should do next?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

You can try voucher for a month to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I've tried buying vouchers from Turgame and also G2A but the payment won't go through to actually get the vouchers. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

EDIT: It eventually did go through on G2A and the voucher worked perfectly on Netflix.

One last question - it was a 100 TL gift card that I bought and there is no 62.01 left on the balance. Will Netflix automatically take payment from that gift card when payment is next due? And then when the balance is gone, will it then revert to my Revolut card that is the Backup payment method?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,162 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Installed hola browser. It's free. Within the browser selected Turkey and then I went to Netflix site and clicked on chat button. Within about 10 minutes I got an agent who after a few minutes sent me a secure form (online), I entered my new bank account details and it worked straight away. Got billed immediately for this month's fee of €4.31 for their top "Ultra HD" package 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭VG31

Thanks this worked. I tried to add a new card to my account after my Revolut card due to expire in 2024 had to be replaced. I couldn't get past the Turkish phone number issue.

I would advise topping up PingMe by $2 as $1 isn't enough. I topped up by $1 first but it wouldn't let me top up by Google wallet again for 48 hours. The 30 coins for watching an ad wasn't enough either as it only gives you $0.003!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

How come $1 isn't enough when it only costs $0.75?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,162 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I tried PingMe first too, didn't work, the SMS that Netflix sent me to the Turkish mobile number never arrived. Waste of $1 topup, for which they actually charged €1.29 🤔

The above method in my last post is completely free and actually works...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭VG31

It costs $0.75–$1.03 to receive a text so you need at least $1.03 in credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I'm sure this has been brought up before but the Turkish Netflix doesn't work everywhere. I was in Thailand on a holiday recently and it didn't work.

Advertisement