Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol dodged the questions again.

And then you demand an answer to your own completely out of nowhere question.

Do you believe the mark of the beast claims are "moderate"? Do you believe they are true?

Does the fact that no one I know had any severe reactions from the vaccine prove that the vaccine is safe? If not, why not?

Answer those questions first before trying to deflect to a new question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

They are not worth replying to as other posters have eluded. I usually ignoe your extreme pro vax views. OK Ill throw it back at you. Do you believe that the vaccine has been all its been cracked up to be. That it has been our "way out of this". That it has stopped transmission? That it has stopped hospitalisations?. Even deaths? Do you think it has been value for money? The billions spent on vaccines could have been used to increase hospital capacity but 2 years later we are back in the same situation.

Lol none of your post is worth replying to then. Especially since it's all been addressed before and relies on dishonest and lazy strawmen on your part.

Since you won't address it, I have to conclude that you do believe that the mark of the beast stuff is "moderate" which shows that your label of "extreme pro vaxxer" is complete nonsense.

Also since all of my friends did not have a severe reaction to the vaccines that's enough to prove that the vaccines are safe in your view and that's all the evidence I need.

Ok Then. Discussion ended. The EPV's have made their point

Vaccine good. Any Dissenters? Conspiracy theorists and anti vaxxers. 93 % vaxxed and hospitalisations and transmission rampant. Vaccine is still great. OK then

But "epvs" don't exist.

And the fellows you describe as "moderate dissenters" believe that the vaccine is part of a plot to bring about the mark of the beast as described in the Bible.

And again no one I know has had any severe reactions to the vaccines. I don't know anyone who's died from covid either. So again according to your line of argument that proves the vaccine is safe and effective.

• Advertisement

They do though. You are one of them. Your nemesis would be someone like the long lost buzzer, either way you are an extreme pro vaxxer. We can take you off that list if you acknowledge that at least one person might have died from taking the vaccine directly. Probably not going to happen though.

But why would I be "extreme" while folks who are claiming stuff about the mark of the beast are "moderate".

That's a very skewed scale in the same way as illustrated by your favourite analogy.

I guess I'm an "extreme round earther" because I don't subscribe to the "moderate position" that the Bible is inerrantly correct.

Ah now come on. You have spent 307 pages defending a poor vaccine that has left us where we are with Covid and you dont regard yourself an EPV.

No. As I've kept explaining to you, there's no such thing as EPVs.

I don't consider my position extreme when we've folks talking about biblical prophesies and magnetic vaccines.

We've also spend 307 pages with extreme anti vaxxers failing to show the safety issues they keep claiming are obvious.

Yes there is..again you are the definition of one. Like it or not. And again I am not an anti vaxxer, I am a big fan of vaccines, not the mRNA ones but generally yes they are great. And for the umteenth time these mRNA vaxxes they seem ok, Yes there is some serious reactions that have killed people but in general they seem to have reduced direct deaths from Covid. My beef with any GMO product is messing with nature generally never goes well. It might take a while but it usually comes back to bite us

• Advertisement

You literally just described a person claiming Mark of the beast stuff as a "moderate thinker".

And as we've established since I don’t know anyone that had any severe effects from the vaccine, there are no severe effects to worry about. (If there's something wrong with this line of logic, please point it out.)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

This is just whataboutery and has nothing to do with the discussion.

Where did Fergal Bowers get his medical degree from? Yet people hang on his every word.

It didn't ring true for me. Okay? Believe it or not I am not the type that blindly accepts everything I'm told. I question everything.

Here is an interview with a HSE doctor who has to remain anonymous because of the repercussions if he spoke out publicly. Bizarre as that is.

It's pretty much in line with my thinking and observations

No it's pretty central to the discussion that what you are posting wouldnt be allowed on a forum with standards of evidence.

The fact you aren't able to just admit this honestly and directly and you've spend the last dozen pages or so doing everything except answering it is also relevant as it shows just how dishonest and evasive conspiracy theorists are.

What would be very on top would be an actual response to the paper you falsely claimed was fraudulent. But you are now trying to dodge and deflect away from that.

So completely unverifiable fake news that you've done nothing to check into that you believed instantly and unquestioningly the second you read it from Twitter because it lines up with your conspiracy theory world view.

Post edited by King Mob on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Same here, I don't trust everything I hear. Maybe the big elephant in the room is who's responsible.

Was it from the wet markets,bats,or a lab leek.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Yep, and you're still misunderstanding what that sentence means :)

Anyway, if you were that confident you'd agree that proven trial efficacy means you were wrong and I can point you at the posted data you missed/misread, but you're not, so everyone can dismiss your argument as you don't really believe it anymore either.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭hometruths

Yep, and you're still misunderstanding what that sentence means :)

So you keep saying. But you have not actually said what you think it means, or why you think I am wrong in my understanding.

I think it means that based on the available limited data no reliable conclusion on the efficacy of the vaccine against severe COVID-19 can be drawn from 7 days after the second dose.

I am certain it does not mean that the data was extremely comprehensive and the efficacy against severe COVID-19 was proven.

• Advertisement

It does not mean that, if you are prepared to admit you are wrong when proven efficacy is shown, then myself and others can show you have built your fantasy on nothing.

Every other time you are proven wrong you skip off to some other fantasy, here you need to understand the conditions first.

I've no doubt you would come back with a 4th name, but that's neither here nor there.

You are again in a cul-de-sac of your own making.

if you are prepared to admit you are wrong when proven efficacy is shown

I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what this means. You have not shown proven efficacy!! That's the point.

Hence why I am sticking with the regulators view that the estimates of efficacy were unreliable! For all the vaccines, not just Pfizer.

This is not a complex argument, no matter how much you try to make it so.

He still hasn't responded to when I provided the last thing he demanded. He made a big stink about me not providing it initially. I then explained to him why it wouldn't be worth the time and effort to do so for him as he'd just start ignoring and dodging the second I did.

Guess what happened when I pointed out what he was asking for?

It's not complex at all, if you are happy to concede if proven efficacy was shown and promise not to spin off elsewhere.

In the regulators opinion, the estimates of efficacy against severe disease were not proven. The estimates were in fact unreliable due to insufficient data on severity.

It's not a question of conceding something. The regulators were unambiguous. For some reason you think you know better thanks to your back of the envelope calculations.

Since you are incapable of any kind of critical thinking here is an article from hart group describing the many ways in which it is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Jesus, nearly 500 posts since I last checked this

Vaccines still overwhelmingly safe and effective, most of the country jabbed, including medical professionals, no one has ever explained any credible conspiracy. The handful of individuals "just asking questions" about vaccines on a conspiracy theory forum are absolutely not looking for real answers.

It is broadly in line with my thoughts about the whole thing from the beginning. It confirms everything that I have been saying and thinking all along.

I didn't get it from Twitter. You seem to have a strange obsession with Twitter. As if you can somehow use it to ridicule every piece of information. Every MSM outlet in the world uses Twitter. Does that mean I can simply deny all of current affairs because it's a "twitter dump"?

The latest weekly report to the minister confirms the continuing trend of the pandemic of the vaccinated:

According to National Office of Clinical Audit (NOCA) data as of 5 th July 2022, where vaccination status was known (N=31), 3% of COVID-19 cases in ICU were unvaccinated and 97% were fully vaccinated. Of those COVID-19 cases in ICU who were fully vaccinated, 83% were recorded as having received a booster/additional dose.

Given that 85% of the eligible population is fully vaccinated, clearly at 97% the fully vaccinated are disproportionately represented in ICU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Disproportionately represented?

Control for age breakdown in the typical admissions to ICU versus the general population before you post an utterly dishonest and deliberate misrepresentation of the data.

Do these breakdowns reflect the age breakdowns of unvaccinated in the general population?

As of 5th July 2022, the age breakdown of cases hospitalised for COVID-19 (N=554): 220 (40%) aged 80 and older, 182 (33%) aged 65-79, 83 (15%) aged 50-64, 54 (10%) aged 15-49 and 15 (3%) aged 0-14 years old. 

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement