Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown with Ann Robinson.

Options
  • 29-06-2021 2:22pm

Not liking Ann. Sounds like her teeth are loose!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭MfMan

Saw her first episode. In fairness, she deserves a chance to put her own imprint on the chair (so to speak). I don't think she's a good fit as host however. She's just spent so long being sarcastic and domineering to TV competitors that I think she lacks the empathy, charisma and light touch to do justice to Countdown. (Also a horrid person to work with according to stories I've heard.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Just watched countdown today for the first time in months. GOD - Anne Robinson is awful as the presenter, the show is so flat & as OP says, she needs to get those teeth tightened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Thank God for that!

This show needs a 'Headmaster' type to keep the ladies in their place!

Bring back Nick!

Good to see Colin Murray back in the chair. He can be a bit manic, but he’s a huge improvement on Anne. The atmosphere is already more relaxed and friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Richard Whitely and Carol Vorderman were countdown, just cancel the show.

Anyone see Countdown today? The blind contestant was just awesome. Unbelievable. Humbling. The most admirable contestant ever. What an amazing person and talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I saw the second half of it today, first time seeing Countdown in a long time. Yeah, the blind person was very good. She did very well considering she had to rely on her memory of the letters being called out.

The blind comedian Chris McCausland was on 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown recently. He obviously had the same disadvantage of not being able to see the letters, but for one round, they made everyone wear blindfolds so they were all in the same boat. It didn't go well...😀 Also, he didn't do the conundrum by braille like today's contestant (since he doesn't know braille.)

Advertisement