Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUBE NUROAD PRO 2022

Options
  • 14-07-2022 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking into this bike as purely a road bike. I do no off road or gravelling!

Would it be ok on the road I wonder?

My budeget is about 1300, the bike to work scheme so it looks very competitive. Has the gearing I like also.

I don't race competitively and would be looking into some longer spins next year.

Would nayone have any opinions on this as purley a road bike?

Cheers,

Tomas.

https://99spokes.com/en-EU/bikes/cube/2022/nuroad-pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It will be fine but possibly not ideal. You would probably notice the difference in rolling resistance from the wider tires and may wish to change them for a set of 28/30mm slick road tires. The wheels are also not great. I've ridden one and the geometry was very comfortable and upright.

When you consider the cost of new tires however, you could be better off going straight for a similar spec in an endurance road bike, something from the Cube Attain range maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

There's a lot to be said for the options a gravel bike gives you, with the right tyres. But if you really aren't going to go off road, then I'd look at road bikes. Gravel is great fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tcooley

I know, would love to gravel bike too! Sure I'll buy 2! Definitely something I'd like to do in future alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tcooley

Yes the Attain is one I'm looking at also. I've had a Scott Sppedster the last 6 years and has been brilliant but nearly time to move on now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It would be perfect for what you describe, get some decent road tyres and it would be perfect. I have a Cube CX bike and changed the tyres and use it for commuting and longer social spins without any issue, this would in fact be more comfortable than mine for most people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have the 2021 version, great bike but it's no road bike when running gravel tyres atleast.

I'd estimate a difference of about 3 -5 kph difference for me personally compared to a road bike on the road, doesn't sound much but over a few hours spin it's a lot

I'm running 40mm tyres for reference.

I use it on the local canal gravel paths and it's brilliant on this terrain.

Don't get me wrong its fine for the road especially if you don't care for keeping up appearances on Strava etc and incredibly comfortable.

I was out on it this morning, headed out on the main road then onto some sketchy back roads and home on the gravel canal path.

That's it in summary really.

Proper road tyres I reckon would make all the difference if you want to focus on the road but if that's the case I'd still opt for a road bike.

Advertisement