Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Super League and all things European Rugby League

Comments

Hi Tom

Neither HT OR FT, great comeback from being 14nil down at HT though...... two converted tries in quick succession I thought they had a place in the final booked....... so it's Wigan v Hudderfield for the final.......HullKR not excelling in 2nd semi final

Great game on tonight.....Huddersfield v Wigan in super league, ironically the two teams that will match up in the challenge cup final.

Tommorow night......saint Helens hosting Hull fc......... I'm totally biased..... no way I can see any other outcome that a comfortable win for Saints....... I'll be placing a wager on the HT & FT result at terrible odds of 8/13

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Pretty impressed with Wigan with all the changes they had, Giants kept letting them back into it second half though. It'll be a much changed team for the Challenge Cup.

Yeah I can't see past SaintsSaints v Hull. I'm working so I'll miss it, I'm also working weekend, so I'll feckin miss the NRL magic round.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

A very spirited performance from Hullfc in 1st half....... certainly held their own for 40minutes...... Saints just laid their marker down right on the stroke of HT.

Totally agree it'll be a much different Wigan team for challenge cup.......im thinking WIGAN to lift the trophy.

Hi Tom..... just had a peek at what odds are on offer for challenge cup final......... Wigan @ 2/5, I do expect them to win but those odds are farcical/ won't be going near that

• Advertisement

I'd fancy them to win too, but they are miserable odds.

Some great games last couple night.....saints had to really dig deep on Thursday night to come away with a 2 point victory.......amazing they didn't get a single point in 2nd half......what a battle.....great game......some sore bodies after that encounter!!!! Some of those tackles I felt on the sofa🤣

Hullfc v Wigan this afternoon is a hard one to call...... that old cliche " could go either way" is very appropriate

Hi Tom

Busy day of sport today.....between the challenge cup @ 3 & then the soccer tonight.

Wigan aren't softening in the betting at all so I've gone for the HT &FT Wigan ...... would much prefer a straight 'to win' bet but there's not much point at those odds

Great game..... can't believe Wigan pulled that right out the fire for the win.....Huddersfield had every opportunity for the cup .... Huddersfield left nothing on the pitch.....just got mugged with 3minutes to go.

Yeah shame they couldn't hang on, much closer game than I thought it'd be.

• Advertisement

Hi Tom......i sure am looking forward to indulging in an overdose of good quality league games this SUPER WEEKEND .

Some tasty fare on offer......should be 2-3 close games in there......I'm very predictable so I've gone for my standard/ usual punt for the weekend......saints for the HT&FT tommorow afternoon against Wigan.....€50 @ 11/10.

I going to look at actually going over for the superweekend next year......the tickets are quite reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 19,921 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I'm heading to Magic Weekend tomorrow. Really looking forward to Saints V Wigan. Massive fixture and should be a cracker.

I think there are a lot of injuries and suspensions affecting some other games. My mate's a Hull FC fan and he says 12 of their main 17 platers are out this weekend, which is a pity.

Still, should be a brilliant weekend with great fans giving each other all manner of stick. Always good natured fun. Newcastle is a class venue. The stadium is practically in the city so everything is close. Weather is perfect this weekend too. About 18-20 degrees and clear skys

As an aside, I got chatting to Ukuma Taʻai in the sauna in my local gym a couple of weekends ago. Tongan international and played NRL and Superleague with Huddersfield. Playing in the next division for Newcastle Thunder now. Fierce sound man, as it turns out.

Couldn't recommend it more highly. The money for the ticket is great value when you're getting 6 games. But you can bring food (andmaybe a couple of hipflasks) into the stadium so you don't have to eat overpriced hotdogs all day. But the real costs will be travel and accommodation. Still totally worth it though.

Cheers for that..... yep with the weather and all it sure does look like a VERY enjoyable/ entertaining weekend..... I love league rugby/ I'm a saints fan but I understand the Craic/ atmosphere is fantastic no matter where loyalties lie🤣. It's been on the 'bucket' for a while so I'm definitely going for it next year.

Anyone giving Warrington a chance on Sunday afternoon?????? I think that C Dragons will take that without having to dig too deep

Yeah Newcastle play in the Championship, tough League this year, Leigh and Featherstone have thrown money at it to get out this year. Big gap between the haves and have nots down there, Newcastle the have nots, along with London.

Have a blast at the Magic weekend.

I think it'll be a tight game, actually wouldn't be shocked if Warrington sneaked it. (Stand by for forty nil to the Dragons)

Can't see that....... Dragons peaking lately........ I only ever have the single 'punt' every Friday evening on way home...... but if saints do me right tommorow I might chance a second flutter.....on the Dragons for the win.......bad odds though @ 2 to 1 ON

• Advertisement

Great win for Toulouse to get things rolling.

Got to say I was a wee bit surprised at that result........ thought Wakefield would've put that one 'in the bag' ......... Anyhow, I'm all set for next couple hours......C'MON THE SAINTS

Going next year. I've decided, well that or the Championship equivalent. El_Duderino 09 has made me too jealous.

Terrific value with virtually no trouble and usually in a decent spot for pubs. (Think they are on about moving from Newcastle after this year)

Amen to that!!!!! I sure was jealous when I read his post last night.............. see, I got tickets for the DARTS in the ALLY PALLY in London Jan.24...... top tickets..... trying to 'sell' Mrs Mc Carthy another sports trip to UK will be tricky but I'll chance it 😀🤣

My €50 is gone into the paddy power retirement scheme ( AGAIN😥)

Newcastle!!!!! Count me IN...them Geordies know how to have a bevvy ( or2 )

Not sure what it is with saints today......injuries or the heat or what.,,,.but they're " back" a good bit from May

Exciting win for Saints in the end. Pie eaters couldn't hang on with 12.

Top day out at the rugby. Great comebacks from Toulouse and Saints. Leeds were in control of the last game for the middle of the match. Great atmosphere for the first 2 matches. Brilliant fans. Pissed as farts and I didn't see any trouble all day.

Drunk now but had a good walk home to sober up. Looking forward to tomorrow's matches.

Got chatting to a stewart and he said he loves rugby because he gets to watch the games. Has to watch the fans at football to stop fights. Just a top atmosphere.

Well..............so much for my prediction of Dragons running away with it🤨 I honestly didn't think Warrington were that good this season........ paddy power must love me on a Friday evening.......easy money

• Advertisement

I didn't think they'd win that handily but didn't think Dragons should be anywhere near odds on.

Advertisement