Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Used Mola last year and it was good but Indonesia server can be hard to find

Be tempted to subscribe to this and take a punt on it for €40 not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AB7

Windscribe have 2 Indonesian servers for anyone looking for a VPN provider with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭ooter

just signed up for this, worked out at €34.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

English commentary on Vidio?

• Advertisement

last season I checked it for CL games and it was English commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Summary: I had a problem when I upgraded Vidio on my FireCube

I was on version 1.66.2 of Vidio on my FireCube. Each time I started it it said something like "we need to collect your TV serial number to activate the app, OK to continue", I would press the OK button then it would say "allow Vidio to make phone calls? - Allow, Deny, Never ask again" No matter which option I chose it just went ahead into the app and I was able to use it as normal.

Today I upgraded it to V1.67 and no way could I get past the first "we need to collect your TV serial number to activate the app, OK to continue" message. When I press OK the App just closes itself.

I reinstalled 1.66.2 and was having the same problem despite the fact that it had previously been working fine

Finally I reinstalled V1.49 which does work (although I had to scan a QR code the first time to activate via Vidio app on my phone)

I even installed 1.66.2 over 1.49 and it also did not work

So I dont really know if I did something wrong or if V1.67 introduces some stricter controls

vidio hasn't been great at all for me the last couple of days, not sure why but hopefully it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm interested in getting Fubo tv Canada, anyone interested in joining a family group for cheaper prices?

• Advertisement

It works out approximately €140 per year for three devices so €40 each for three i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Spn744

I’d be happy to do one 3 ways, I shared last year with @Nigzcurran

From visiting the website with a Canadian vpn it seems to be like a sky tv subscription with the abaility to record shows and sporting events via the cloud rather than a catch up service which there was on Dazn and SSport. Problem I see is there no free trial and we don’t know if it works (happy to be proved wrong however)

Yep I’d be more than happy to go 3 ways on this, as Michael mentioned it’s more of a recording option rather than catch up but if it works I’m definitely in!

A months trial would be ideal before signing up for a year upfront to test it out but I can see an option via the website. Have you or @IrishHomer downloaded the app or found a workaround? I can have a play around in the morning and try and see the full options.

id be a bit wary of the location restrictions

Best type is the Netflix style DAZN and SSport had. So far looking here https://www.premierleague.com/news/2184867

The most likely to work from scanning the list seem to be -

DAZN Spain - 100% works (may not have English commentary)

Optus Australia

Eleven Sports Portugal (may not have English commentary)

I’ll have to do a bit of trail and error to find out however, especially the ones in the small countries.

I think I’ve found the service for next season, Setanta Sports Ukraine. They have an app available form IOS and Android (no region change required) and it comes to €3.30 per month and only one device at a time. Full live matches with replays, pause options and multiple commentary language. Region settings seem to be very loose, for example if you go here https://app.setantasports.com/section/Premier%20League you can watch match highlights with no VPN active. Rolling back the years with setanta sports from back in the day 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

I got Setanta Georgia up and working a few weeks ago but I definitely still needed a vpn. Wonder if they’ve relaxed that for Ukraine given the context ?

That could be the answer 👍🏻 I have the app installed and running great with Windscribe set to Ukraine. Any ideas how to get the app onto the tv? It’s not in the Lg App Store or firestick App Store

That could be the reason, seems to need a vpn to sign up but not access the content (free content tested so I just presume it’s the same with paid) how is Setanta Georgia? Did you pay for the first month?

• Advertisement

Firestick might need to be sideloaded so that could be an issue. It has an IOS, android, casting and smart tv app as it’s options but the latter 2 would have vpn availability issues. When I used to watch SSport I could bypass the casting by setting up the stream on my phone and casting the tv where it didn’t check the region so that could work. Really hard to test fully each service with its quality level until the season starts.

If you download from the Amazon firetick app store a VPN app called stream locator you get a free 7 day trial. This VPN app gives you link to the Fubo Canada APK

I just found out Fubo have rights to every game.

I had Fubo USA two years ago and it was amazing. T cloud recording and picture quality was absolutely flawless HD

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Three months for $19.99 with Fubo at the moment. Might be a decent option until there's time to test the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Is there anything left on, or being added to, SSports for coming year? My sub runs for another bit, just wondering if they plan to pick up Champions League or something to fill the EPL gap.

I'm a bit unsure now about sharing a Fubo account, I just read post on Reddit that said yesterday they are closing shared accounts when they detect hem

Just a heads up to say Setanta sports are showing the United pool game tomorrow so might be worth checking out for quality and commentary. I was able to cast my iPhone to my Lg tv this evening using the air play option and it worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 81,545 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nothing new added as far as I know, football wise they will still have La Liga, SPL, Serie A, Primeira Liga and Eredivisie. For Turkey, BeIN Sports have EPL and Exxen (never heard of them) have the Champions League.

S Sport also have UFC and the majority of PPV boxing, for these 2 alone I find the sub €20 for the year a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

i used the setanta ukraine on 13.e satelite last season for epl games and the had english comms.

• Advertisement

how do you go about getting this set up? Thanks

Advertisement