Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I know people that are vaccinated and others that are not. Neither have claimed that they were coerced to do one thing of the other. They had freedom of choice. Nothing amazing about it, just a democratic society recognising everyone including the extreme contrarian groups and their right to choose. Sure even the Russian Z brigade was allowed their protests against the wishes of the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Apart from the fact that their rights were restricted until they did what they were told. Even then when when they did comply it made no difference just as I predicted it wouldn't.

The vast majority under 65 pretty much took it for no benefit. It wasn't safe it wasn't effective it didn't stop the disease, it didn't stop you getting infected, it didn't stop you spreading it. The incidence of disease increased the more we vaccinated.

Most people have experienced it personally by now and realise it wasn't a death sentence, far from. 50% of PCR+ had no symptoms and didn't even know they had it. It will be very difficult to frighten or coerce them into continuing to take jab after jab.

Most of the highly vaccinated countries can't even give them away now. Ireland included.

Looks like you boys and girls are the only ones left behind the curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

You're talking in riddles now, and trying to suggest I'm not posting in a way in which you want me or need me to post.

That method doesn't really work on me, it's a common thing here....

Therefore you're on my ignore list lol

Being a moderator and all you should know better than to be trying to undermine someone like you did there....

Ignore

Thanks 👍. Let's hope the incidence of child seizures, sudden deaths and rare and unusual conditions don't suddenly rise unexpectedly from July 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well given how you guys have zero evidence for this, and given how you have had to lie about pretty much everything before hand, I don't think that's a concern.

Cept you know how it was safe and was effective and saved a ton of people:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(22)00320-6/fulltext

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's not talking in riddles to say that your posts don't make sense, and it not undermining you to say that your posts don't make sense.

Nice change of topic though... So about the claims that people were forced to take vaccines? Do you have anything to back up that claim, or can you explain how there are people who have not been vaccinated despite you claiming that it was not voluntary to take the vaccines?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭hometruths

It's ridiculous to claim individuals had "freedom of choice" regarding vaccination, when restrictions were placed on those who chose not to get vaccinated!!

It's the very antithesis of freedom of choice by definition.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So people did have a choice then, thanks for clarifying.

There is restrictions on all sorts of things that you do in your everyday life. You can chose to take a bus to work, but you have to pay for the privilege. You can chose to ride a motorbike, but you need to wear a helmet. You can chose to put your money in a bank, but you'll need to remove your motorbike helmet before entering. You can choose to eat in a fancy restaurant, but you'll likely need to put a shirt and tie on. You can choose to send your kid to a particular school, but you'll need to dress them in that schools designated uniform. Etc... Etc.

There is lots of choices in life, that some activities have other requirements associated with them doesn't mean they are not voluntary though.

Yes they had a choice, but they didn't have freedom of choice.

And many vaccine fanatics were pushing to remove that choice and make vaccination mandatory. This was raised for discussion as possibility both at our own Government level and at EU wide level.

Very different from the early days of the roll out when the promise was nobody would be under any political, social or other pressure to get vaccinated, nor would they be discriminated against should they not wish to get vaccinated.

They felt they had to to take the vaccines in order to get on with the things they needed to take that one needs a vaccine certificate for. Such as a social life with perks that the unvaccinated were unable to be part of.

Perks like, gaining access to certain eateries, functions, activities etc

We've gone over all this before in this forum and I don't want to be part of the echo chamber or be drawn back into it.

I feel might think that it's not been discussed here before , but even the guys on the vaccine side wil get pissed off with us going back to this type of discussion for the umpteenth time.

Even though it gets heated etc we all like to keep it going forward, I don't want to be going backwards.

• Advertisement

So we're all in agreement then that there was no compulsory vaccination, no forced vaccination, no laws passed requiring vaccination and it was all entirely voluntary then. Excellent, we can now drop that topic for a while.

I belive that it's now about time to repeat the cycle of discussion about the VAERS database, and the international equivalents, and how they don't show that there were X number of deaths or injuries from vaccines.

Once we've done a few pages of that before anti vaxxers realise they are wrong again we can do a few pages about the authorisation for vaccine usage, then the bit about Bill Gates trying to kill off half the population of the planet, and then it will be the turn of the vaccines being forced on people again.

Could mix in some bits about magnetic vaccines, 5G and nanobots if you want as well?

Would you agree that there was political and social pressure to get vaccinated, and those that chose not to get vaccinated were discriminated against?

There was encouragement for people to be vaccinated, but there wasn't any discrimination against those who chose not to. Those who chose not to be vaccinated and also chose to spread lies about vaccines will likely have been pointed and laughed at and called idiots, but no discrimination for merely choosing not to be vaccinated.

Nobody was denied essential services for their decisions, they may not have been able to make use of certain other optional services, but that is not discrimination and it's also not being forced to do anything.

Yea, once again the Lancet study is an estimate based on assumptions. It proves nothing and if you continue to call me a liar after all the sources I have provided I'll be forced to report you.

Claiming that there would be vaccine mandates was at one point a conspiracy theory and would have you mocked and scoffed at.

But there hasn't been any vaccine mandate in Ireland. There is a very small number of countries which did bring in requirements for health care workers, but it's by no means catching on around the world, and not even sure if they are still in place in the countries that did bring them in. I know that the day the UK was due to bring it in they changed their mind and dropped the requirement.

So yes, talk about vaccine mandates becoming a thing is a conspiracy, other than heath care settings where they already exist for other vaccines anyway so isn't anything new or unusual.

Vaccine mandates were a very real possibility late last year.

It was Omicron that put an end to that threat, not common sense.

Our own government has put political pressure and social pressure on the unvaccinated to get vaccinated, that is undeniable.

No one’s rights were restricted. If you believe they were then you don’t know what a right is. Where did you predict something here? If so, come clean as what your previous username. I don’t won’t to be wasting my time covering the same ground with the same people when they are re-regs.

The benefits for all ages have been discussed over and over. Seeing that you seem to have been on this thread a long time under a different username you know that.

50% with a positive PCR had no symptoms at all? Go on, show the evidence!

Yeah, Ireland bought too many vaccines, as did other counties because we were facing the unknown. If they had bought too few, I’m sure you’d be moaning about it too.

If you don’t believe that people had freedom of choice, please relocate to your nearest friendly dictatorship. I hear Russia are looking for new residents to throw into battle in Ukraine.

I know and the same people who would have mocked you would be all for it if it was peddled by the MSM or liberal sources.

The hypocrisy is what confused me. My body and my choice etc

• Advertisement

I know I could see the writing on the wall after that carry on.

They knew how to pull at people's heart string's but they added the carrot to leading the donkey as well. We have all brought these subjects up throughout the thread but it's fobbed off and the conspiracy theorists on the side of the vaccines reckon that the medical apartheid wasn't an issue.

Sometimes I think they're the conspiracy theorists and we're debunking them, that's how mad it's all going lol

There is no mandate and was no mandate. Like every crisis, every option would be discussed….it’s common sense. No one knew how it would pan out. It’s another tangent that ye are using because ye can’t identify safety issues with the vaccine.

We'll see when the summer goes. A lot of younger people will be more active and using more energy.

There was a lot more deaths in the sport's scene in Ireland this year than any other year.

Another thing I wondered was, are they storing the vaccines properly or just leaving them curdle or loose their efficiency in the heat.

Because I was told there's no cooling facilities at the vaccine centers. Because not everyone gets a reaction or feels like **** after them. My parents are in their 70's and 80's and they had covid recently and asymptomatic. While my son's who's 21 had been vaccinated under his own volition, I'd never tell him what to do. But the poor guy got very sick with the omnicron version of covid.

I was unvaccinated caught covid and just felt tired and dizzy for nearly a week.

In very limited circumstances, such as for health care workers, and they are already subject to vaccine mandates for other vaccines.

It was never likely to be a general population wide thing and nobody ever mentioned such things, except anti vaxxers trying to scare people.

Either way though there never was any vaccine mandates and they were entirely voluntary, which takes us back a few pages to where one of your fellow conspiracy theorists, I forgot which, stated that vaccines were not voluntary.

That was a lie.

Im more worried about the storage facilities as you just don't know who's managing the stock's.

Using word's like tangent, liar's etc is counter productive while engaging with people.

Just be civil and we'll get along just fine, it's not hard to have a conversation without being vendictive.

There was a lot more deaths in the sport's scene in Ireland this year than any other year

Where are you getting this information from?

I assume you have numbers from the sports bodies comparing various years and causes of any incidents?

Well that’s a new one that you haven’t posted before. Why the sudden concern? You don’t know who is managing stocks at the shops you go to but you still buy. The refrigeration concerns were talked about in the early days of the vaccines, and certain locations would get certain vaccines due to different requirements. E.g. most pharmacies didn’t get the mRNA vaccines as they didn’t have suitable facilities to store them.

Tangent is very accurate. If conspiracy theorists don’t want to be accused of going on a tangent, or think it’s counterproductive to call them out on it, then maybe they should not go off on random tangents. I have not said anything uncivil. If I have please please please report my post.

It was never likely to be a general population wide thing and nobody ever mentioned such things, except anti vaxxers trying to scare people.

This is nonsense.

NPHET mentioned it as per the minutes of their meeting on December 16th.

It was noted that the NPHET will discuss the issue of mandatory vaccination at a later date and this discussion will be facilitated by a forthcoming paper from the DOH on the relevant ethical and legal considerations pertaining to this topic.

And it was very much mentioned at EU level from no lesser a power than Ursula von der Leyen:

“I think it is understandable and appropriate to lead this discussion now, how we can encourage and potentially think about mandatory vaccination within the EU,” she added.

“This needs discussion. This needs a common approach but it is a discussion that I think has to be led.”

To say the idea of mandatory vaccination was never mentioned is simply more revisionism.

Crisis planning. I assume you don’t work in an environment where crisis or disaster planning is not a necessity. Cover all bases. Doesn’t mean that any of the plans will occur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

I could not agree more. The buy in to Covid vaccines and their relative failure leads a lot of people to have a lot of questions to answer. The get out of jail card is they are great, allways have been great, will be great in the future. We did the right thing. The billions spent were worth it. It was the pesky variants that upset the party. Shure look at Romania and Bulgaria and SA and all those countries with low vaccine uptake and see how bad we would have been if we had not injected everyone. Oh they are ok..

Advertisement