Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Another straw man. I was commenting on the claim that there was no mandates.

It would be quite a remarkable achievement if I had to put you on ignore before mob king.

There were mandates in certain sectors in certain countries. It cannot be denied.

Even Austria came very close to a blanket mandate for all citizens.

I beg you, no more straw men. I have enough to scare the crows.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

A recent analysis of 27 published, peer reviewed studies suggest that Covid vaccinations with boosters significantly reduced hospitalizations for those infected. Although the efficacy of vaccination and boosters was reduced by evolving Covid delta and omicron variations, these studies suggest that vaccinations and boosters were a better alternative to no vaccination outcomes in terms of reduced severity if infections when unvaccinated or vaccinated patients were compared. In summary, vaccinations and boosters were suggested by these studies.

Granted, Covid-19 has not been around to allow for long term studies to occur (i.e., less than 5 years), but short and midterm studies have occurred with millions in the population samples, and those studies with scientific rigor continue to lend support to the utility of vaccinations in reducing the adverse consequences of Covid 19.

Ref:

Chenchula, S. et al, 4 March 2022. Current evidence on efficacy of Covid -19 booster dose vaccination against the omicron variant: A systematic review. Journal of medical virology, vol 94, issue 7, pp 2969-2976.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Can’t you answer a straightforward question? What did you see in the data that no one else has?

Changing goals I see. Why do conspiracy theorists have a need to keep shifting goals? Starts with Ireland, then Europe, followed by any random country. We are they the any random country stage right now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So it was a totally irrelevant point you were trying to make then. A ruling about vaccination status of people serving in the military, or health care, is not discrimination or impinging on your rights. It's nothing unusual or unexpected in relation to a global pandemic or any other heath situation that those occupations have good reason to be paying attention to.

Do you have any point to make regarding any safety issues with the vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

It is getting tiring at this stage. Extreme pro vaxxers who believe there is no safety issue with the vaccines. There is well documentated safety issues that we know about and what transpires down the line we do not know yet. Maybe nothing, Maybe a lot. The vaccines were emergency approved on the basis that their dangers were less in general than the virus. Like all drugs these vaccines have risks. Imcluding serious injury and death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

That's not what emergency approval meant and that period's over. But, irrelevant now as they're fully approved.

But, no more risk from these vaccines than, say, aspirin or insulin. Agreed? Nothing specific to the vaccines versus any other drugs.

Are you still tormenting haircutters? That was pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭hometruths

Are they fully approved in the EU? I thought they remained authorised under "Conditional marketing authorisation" which is essentially the same thing as emergency use approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

Indeed but i wont be taking aspirin or insulin or prozac or oxycontin or steroids either. Haircutters? What are you on about?

I am allergic to penicillin. Never taken an antibiotic except the first time when it nearly killed me. Penicillin is a great drug but unfortunately im allergic to it. I hope medicine will progress naturally but i refuse to be part of a trial of a novel mRNA vaccine when I have zero risk from the virus. Have had Covid without symptoms and would not have even known i had had except for antigen tests.

I dont trust the pharma industry and anyone who has blind faith in it..well gullible is all i could say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Still no such thing as extreme pro vaxxers. And you are still misrepresenting what people are arguing.

No one had argued that vaccines are perfectly safe. We have stated this multiple times. You know we've stated this. Yet you keep pretending otherwise.

Sheer dishonesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

Oh look, so "Uber lobbied the world’s political elite to try and get its way". Shock! FFG said in June they "may look at easing Irish taxi regulations for Uber". Shock double-shock!!

But to suspect that the Pharma industry, that is orders of magnitude larger than Uber and has a hard-earned reputation for being not-very-nice-at-all, might (allegedly) have attempted to influence politicians during Covid, well that's just crazy talk ;-) #somuchcare #buyweaponsforukrainewiththenursespandemicbonus #nursesareheroes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭patnor1011

No, it is not that. He actually does everything he can to try to lump everyone in one big crazy camp he himself created. That is simple and in his view effective method to disregard any facts which may come to the light.

Anyone who read more than say 10 pages in this thread will see it quite fast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I find it more interesting that no conspiracy theorists broke the news on the actual conspiracy that Uber were involved in?

How come they missed it?

What are these safety issues that had you so concerned about members of the US military having to take vaccines?

Again nope. I call people who claim that there's big giant global conspiracies conspiracy theorists.

When it suits you guys you're all for pretending to be supporting each other. But when you're asked about each others theories? Silence. When someone dares to suggest you might share beliefs, we get the above angry posts.

And once again we have conspiracy theorists pretending extreme claims haven't been made.

That one wasn't interesting enough for them. Doesn't involve world domination plots.

Simple. Uber is a young startup and so aggressive lobbying is business as usual, for example we heard all about their political battles regarding London Black Cabs. There was no CT to catch.

On the other hand, Big Pharma is a very mature industry with longstanding record of aggressive business practices. However during the pandemic the public was instructed to believe that these cos are somehow in the caring business. Whenever the IT associate editors get around to writing their front page expose people are going to be shocked, shocked I say ;-) LOL.

So do you have any actual details on the conspiracy with the big pharmaceutical companies, what the safety issues with the vaccines are, or why we should be so concerned about the US military having to be vaccinated?

Ah, a promise of a yet to be published article. You'd think we were limited to mainstream media. Eg Open source intelligence has been a thing for around a decade. By the logic of posters in the thread, Belling Cat will be breaking an investigation at any moment around supposed vaccine deaths.

• Advertisement

More bottom of the barrel unrelated stuff added to the covid vaccine safety thread. So you obviously can’t identify safety issues. It’s a running joke at this stage that conspiracy theorists dump any old crap here. The weird thing is that maybe the Uber thing could do with its own valid thread. Pity that no online conspiracy nut highlighted it before MSM though. It would have been a poster child item to raise for all future conspiracy theories as one would have finally been proven right.

Everyone has been waiting for the “big pharma” expose for years. I think we will still be waiting many more years though….and then many more years after that. Remember a dead person is not one that will make them money like some of your CT colleagues seem to think. The real conspiracy is that they try to keep people alive for as long as possible to make more money from them. It’s so evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

The one thing I appreciate about the pharma industry is painkillers, I get a flare up with back pain now and again. And dental pain can be quiet extreme too. FCK me lol I had a bad abscessed tooth a few times in the last ten years. I usually pop them with a sharp needle when they get too sore, but thanks to painkillers I had a soft landing.

Antiinflammatories too I appreciate and antibiotics if I really needed them.

As for those vaccines, I have observed that elderly people have less symptom's when they catch COVID-19 than the younger people who are vaccinated.

My son's 21 and he's double vaccinated and COVID knocked the shoite out of him. He's a slight lad, only 5"6 while I'm more robust and only had a headache and tiredness. I'm nearly 50 and unvaccinated.

My mum's 82 and she's up to date with boosters and she was a symptomatic, had a sniffle.

So in my observation of people close to me, I think they genuinely work with the elderly people, their immune system is probably different for their age. If they want to have a better safer vaccines for those younger people who wish to take them, they'll have to do a lot of tweaking.

Because anyone I know who's young and was vaccinated they had covid much worse than I who was unvaccinated.

details/data/evidence is not the game in a chat forum... You insist that people must believe what they are told. I don't. You expectation re Covid is that - for the first time in history - humans acted in good faith in a time of crisis. I envy your innocence ;-)

If you claim something, then it should be backed up. Have a read of the forum charters for an idea of how forums work. If no evidence is provided, then it can be deemed as being BS.

But there are historical examples of this in pretty recent history. Hole in the ozone layer got repaired due to large action from the globe.

And yes, providing some evidence is how one gets taken seriously. Since a huge amount of data on all the vaccines is publicly available and no credible evidence of large scale serious side effects or deaths have been provided then we can conclude, they're pretty damn safe.

So you have no evidence or data or any inside knowledge or special insight. Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Interesting. It's been looking like this for a long while, originally coming from Israel and the overall antibodies showing in under 40's 1 month after booster although I have also seen that they are finally really looking at the effect of T-Cells rather than antibody tracing

I speak out of my arse here I barely know what a T cell is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

We have a lot of experts here on the thread, they'll be here soon enough.... they'll explain everything to you.

I'm just the janitor:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's the difference between your 'border' force and your 'reserve', if you think of it military wise.

Antibodies repel the invader but fade over time.

Your T cells are your long term memory of your immune system, if the invaders get into the system, and the T cells recognise it, then they can tell the rest of the immune system how to respond. So you skip the step where you have to wait days or weeks for your system to figure out the 'code' to destroy the invader. The T cells remember the code, it's just about getting your immune system to produce enough to fight back.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

What about a theory as to who, what and why said conspiracy is happening? It is the conspiracy theory forum after all, but nobody ever actually has any idea as to these conspiracies are and why or how they would be carried out.

All anyone ever manages is "I don't trust X, they must be up to something but I've no idea what". We never get any more details than that.

If you can't provide any evidence of vaccines being unsafe, how about a theory as to why the manufacturers would have joined forces to deliberately create dangerous vaccines? Or any theory as to how they manage to do so without anyone noticing, except a couple of people from the dark corners of the Internet? Why have no government health agencies noticed, why have no other health professionals noticed?

If you want to chat about this conspiracy then fire away, let us know how and why someone would do it?

Advertisement