Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weber Q2000 269 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭concubar

Got this a couple of months ago, Was €299 then but ordered it online for collection and got 1st order discount of €40 I think,

worth a try if it works it cant be beaten 😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Just an fyi. This is the 2000 model and not the 2200 model which would be the more common one sold on Ireland. It does not include built in thermometer so there can be up to 50 euro price difference from the q2200. I almost bought this but opted for built on thermometer model as reviewers said it was essential if you are doing indirect cooking etc. Garden house had q2200 in Dublin had it for 299 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So they're essentially the same except for a thermometer on the hood, I'd be inclined not to pay 50 quid for that, the manual will tell you what temperature it's at on high for x minutes, 450.

But I'm just very tight :)

There's also hand held infra red gun thermometers in Lidl the past week for cheapish, might be a good alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GalwayMan74

Personally I'd buy a decent separate thermometer but getting the temps from the manual is foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 villamar

The 2200 also has a push ignitor with a battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Yeah it's personal choice on it really.. I have digital meat thermometer from Amazon but that's for Internal food temperature.. the built in one tells you cooker temperature...as soon as you open hood temperature it decreases dramatically so you won't get reading of what temperature it is with a handheld reader. it's essentially an oven closed so you need to know is it 150 or 180 or 200 degrees.. not essential for summer bbq but If you want to do more bbq variation like slow cooking ribs or lamb then it's needed

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭whatchagonnado

Two things I wouldn't trust, the manual, and a Lidl thermometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

You can get a firebyrd Bluetooth thermometer for about 20 quid on Amazon that has two probes, one for the meat and one for the ambient temperature. The built in thermometers wouldn't be the most accurate anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Have one for 8 years. They are excellent. Drilled in a banggood €10 analogue thermometer in to top of life.

Advertisement