Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help Needed: Tesco mobile Sim in 4G Router

Options
  • 07-07-2022 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

Hi folks - i have a Huawei 4G Router and i want to use a Tesco Sim for broadband - it is only temporary for a friend who needs a connection - the problem i am having is that the modem will not connect, despite the fact there is usable signal at the location

Can someone help with this - APN settings are tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com - is this correct?

Currently the modem just keeps bouncing off with CONNECTION FAILED -

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

are there access numbers necessary? thanks in adv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Is the modem unlocked (not locked to a different network)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

Look for an option to permit roaming

@Gooser14 thanks for reply - the modem is unlocked - i have used it in the past for EIR, and prior to that THREE

@niallb i cannot find any mention of roaming in the modem at all - its a B593s-12 Huawei - Speedport modem

Guys i really appreciate your help on this if there is anything i can do to remedy the situation please do let me know - This modem will be in use for about 3-6 months, and i picked tesco cause its cheap, cheerful, good signal at the location, and my mate can easily top it up each month (or when ever necessary)

I can provide screen shots if that would help, i should also say i reset the modem myself in case some changed setting was messing it up

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Sim Pin? Is the sim locked because it requires a sim pin at startup?

• Advertisement

Screenshots would be great.

Data roaming is required for virtual networks like Tesco. Not sure where you'll set it on that particular router, but it has to be there in the settings somewhere like

Dialup / Mobile Connections / Enable or allow roaming

or maybe

Internet / Network Connection / Data roaming

Iv been googling frantically i cannot find any information on the B593S-12 - i see a 'U' variant continually mentioned - and a S-22 version - i have seen someone mention that a firmware update would be necessary but quite literally every link I find is dead - or for a paid firmware download service

an example of such a link

I am going to have to post again after i have disconnected reconnected to the modems home page and taken screenshots

guys THANK YOU for the assistance - honestly, if there is a solution im willing to work hard for this - i promised id have it all up n running by next week! (foolishly clearly)

above are my login and the device info page

i should also say that the modem is unlocked 100% despite the T MOBILE logo which i assume is just the original flavor - perhaps a firmweare upgrade would fix this> ? Or perhaps there is a setting for roaming that someone would show me?

thats the internet settings

• Advertisement

This is not a locked modem thing - data roaming is an agreement between networks.

Your modem says it's connected. Are you sure "LTE Only" is suitable for your Network mode? It prevents you from using 3G if LTE coverage is poor.

It also says very clearly in the middle of that picture that "Data Service is not available during Roaming".

Lets see "SIM Settings" and "Advanced Settings"

While you're taking pictures - show us a screenshot of your profile settings - APN and dialup number etc.

sim settings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

IIRC roaming settings were next to network mode (3G / 4G) or next to Dial-up on 22 model

on B525, later models is under Dial-Up, check yours "Advanced" tab

B593 is so dated(12 being the very first of its submodels) i would not expect much of performance.

Advertisement